Q4 report is in!

85 Human Paladin
02/09/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Verruckt
Of course, I don't build my self esteem by playing video games, so this must be especially painful for you.

you're the one who feels less of a man if you're not at same gear level as us...so it must be painful for you to seeall them people with 'heroic' written on their gear.
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Gudass

We are so precious. We got our own NEW "loleasy" heroics. We got our own casual raid finder. And in case we want to try a "hard" raid, we have a 5% buff button. We even get change how our gear looks and more storage!

Blizz wuvs me.

Of course, I don't build my self esteem by playing video games, so this must be especially painful for you.

Nope, sorry. I'm simply someone with enough common sense to realize that alienating your reliable core customer base in an attempt to hold onto what will always be a fickle, unpleaseable, high-turnover group is a very bad idea in the long run.

Can you add?

q1 2011 600,000 sub loss
q2 2011 300,000 sub loss
q3 2011 800,000 sub loss

Blizz introduces the LFR and 4.3 new "loleasy" heroics.

q4 2011 100,000 sub loss.
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Robokapp

you're the one who feels less of a man if you're not at same gear level as us...so it must be painful for you to seeall them people with 'heroic' written on their gear.

That was eloquent.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
4.3 went live less than a month before the end of Q4. Most of the people who got bored and leave since they won the game still had active subs at the end of the year since this game does 30 day (or longer) billing cycles. And that's not counting the ones who take longer than 3 weeks to get bored with facerolling the same farm content over and over.
Edited by Gudass on 2/9/2012 8:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Can you add?

q1 2011 600,000 sub loss
q2 2011 300,000 sub loss
q3 2011 800,000 sub loss

Q4 includes...Oct. Nov. Dec. LFR and loleasy heroics were Dec 6th. sub losses from Oct and Nov would probably not magically return so soon. Things like "free wow" promotion are more likely to have an effect than 4.3 here. Anual pass, meanwhile started in early Q4. that'd be here. 4.3 and the new world race, combined with the holidays season might mater here...

sure, LFR did help, but not as much as you'd think. the graphs show a small and fairly steady decline after a spike in ...mid novmber to early ecember, actually. why would the spike be before december?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

02/09/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Calii
LFR softened the blow for this quarter because now casuals are happy they "get to raid." What happens, though, when casuals realize that raiding is basically just a bigger dungeon and burn out in a few weeks?
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Gudass
4.3 went live less than a month before the end of Q4. Most of the people who got bored and leave since they won the game still had active subs at the end of the year since this game does 30 day (or longer) billing cycles. And that's not counting the ones who take longer than 3 weeks to get bored with facerolling the same farm content over and over.

Right, but I am talking about the sub numbers of 2011 (facts) and you are making predictions about the future (opinion).

Every time I post on the D&R forums, I feel like Jim from the TV Show "The Office" and the rest of you are all Dwight, Michael, Kevin, Andy, and Oscar.
Edited by Verruckt on 2/9/2012 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

q1 2011 Divine Guardian nerf 600,000 sub loss
q2 2011 WoG nerf 300,000 sub loss
q3 2011 Holy Radiance nerf 800,000 sub loss

Blizz gave ret pally God Mode for 2 days in 4.3.2.

I think Blizzard finally find the way... Stop nerfing pallys and sub loss will stop!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/09/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Verruckt

That was eloquent.

About as eloquent as your first two posts.

02/09/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Verruckt
Right, but I am talking about the sub numbers of 2011 (facts) and you are making predictions about the future (opinion).

Except for the part where you mostly got the dates wrong, as Roko pointed out, i suppose.

At half of his post is about 2011, and raises a fair point.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/09/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Wussiecakes
Why are people so afraid of accessibility? It doesn't hurt the hardcore experience whatsoever. HF !@#$%ing about it anyway.

"Accessibility" is fine.

Accessibility to the point of being able to clear all current patch content in an hour and a half does more harm than good.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
02/09/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Robokapp
the 'dumbing down' DS buff was Q1 2012 not Q4 2011...you won't see it there yet.

I'm also curious about Q1 2012, because this is about the time where most people have killed DW in their desired difficulty.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/09/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Wussiecakes

"Accessibility" is fine.

Accessibility to the point of being able to clear all current patch content in an hour and a half does more harm than good.

um unless you have 8/8hm on 1shot farm this isn't a problem for you

um yes it is
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Why are people so afraid of accessibility? It doesn't hurt the hardcore experience whatsoever. HF !@#$%ing about it anyway.

Actually it does. People raid heroics for the challenge, in DS there is no new boss no new special phases, nothing. So making heroics more accessible is the wrong word to use considering it's the same fight as LFR/Normal with a few harder mechanic shifts.

When I choose "hard" on my console, I don't call up the publisher and yell at them "Hey, hard is too hard can you patch it so it's easier to do." No, if it's too hard and I'm not in the mood for an insane challenge, I do the medium/normal level, or even sometimes easy. I can only understand your statement if Deathwing had a new phase, or there was +1 boss in DS, otherwise it's moot when it comes to accessibility.
Edited by Sensations on 2/9/2012 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Actually it does. People raid heroics for the challenge, in DS there is no new boss no new special phases, nothing. So making heroics more accessible is the wrong word to use considering it's the same fight as LFR/Normal with a few harder mechanic shifts.

When I choose "hard" on my console, I don't call up the publisher and yell at them "Hey, hard is too hard can you patch it so it's easier to do." No, if it's too hard and I'm not in the mood for an insane challenge, I do the medium/normal level, or even sometimes easy. I can only understand your statement if Deathwing had a new phase, or there was +1 boss in DS, otherwise it's moot when it comes to accessibility.

You haven't cleared the place yet. That means you lost the race, you aren't as hardcore as you think you are, and you still haven't experienced the entire raid yet.

You want the hardcore experience? Join a guild that raids 7 hours a night selling carries to pay the wow bills.

What relevance does that have to what I said. I also never said I'm hardcore, I raid 9 hours a week.

I'm not even going to bother taking more than a minute to respond to you because of how ignorant and clueless you are to anyones opinion other than your own. Maybe come up with a better argument rather than attempting to insult me.

I guess you're right though, no one should be able to experience bosses in their most challenging form unless they raid 7-12 hours a night. Yet YOU talk about accessibility. Funny.
Edited by Sensations on 2/9/2012 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Hunter
02/09/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Wussiecakes
You compared this game to a console game. WoW is an ever evolving, changing game, and devs monitor player progress constantly. Versus something thats designed to be bought and left alone after you open it. Think about how stupid that is, you don't have to reply.

How is his statement incorrect, you attacked the person not the argument.

So long as you can kill *A* boss in the instance, your gear will get better. As your gear gets better, the instance will nerf itself over time. This alone means a % buff is unnecessary.

Not everyone is made equal, and not everyone is a special snowflake. There is no reason EVERYONE should be able to kill Heroic Madness. Everyone that wants to raid has seen the content and has the ability to wear the tier pieces, that is why LFR is there. There is no reason to nerf the other modes, they are there for the players that want to be put at a higher challenge. Not everyone will kill everything before MoP comes out, but to move some invisible "progression wall" forward as if it is everyone's right to kill everything on heroic is asinine and one of the reasons 90% of the people I played with left the game after Wrath. And Blizzard's continuing to do so is the reason 40% of my current raid will not be going to MoP.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

It does affect the "hardcores" as heroic mode raiding is now considered mandatory for everyone who pays 15 bucks a month for this game. Beating the nerf bat is now paramount to beating rival guilds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]