LF Guild Merge/Absorb

74 Human Rogue
Greetings -

I represent an Alliance raiding guild on this server. For safety purposes, I will not reveal me or my guild's identity. We are a high ranked level 25 guild with a rich history on this server. Our core members have been raiding at a high level for several expansions now, with strong results.

Currently, we're tired of treading water, and we'd like to shake things up. There have been strong guilds alliance side in the past, with <Dawn>, <Reliance>, and <Time> coming to memory. I'd like to either absorb a guild in similar standing or merge to create a new guild that can compete at a high level with other top oceanic guilds. We want to have a guild that can be khazuals-like; dominant in khaz'goroth and extremely competitive with guilds from other servers. There's a definite opportunity here, and it's worth exploring.

We understand the risks and what's at stake. Mergers and absorptions are no simple thing. If you are interested to learn more, please contact me on my rogue, Missmel, via mail or pm in game. Thank you for your time.
Edited by Missmel on 2/9/2012 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
in before trolls defecating about khazuals/time comparisons...

anyways gl
Edited by Terekrim on 5/28/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Priest

In before comments about wanting to be the next Suit Up.....

Good idea though, Khaz needs it.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warlock
Khaz Alliance is pretty much a faction within a faction. Everyone hates each other. Good luck.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I very seldom post to these forums but given I have a rather lot of experience lately with both bad guild mergers and have played both Horde and Alliance on this server extensively since Vanilla I think I have something to add.

First of all if this isn't simply an elaborate troll, which is may very well be, if you are serious about carrying out a quality merger then realm forums probably aren't likely to get you better results than advertising in trade.

If you're serious you should be well aquainted already with the guilds on the Alliance who are raiding hardmode content because frankly there aren't that many of them doing anything more difficult than H Morchok.

There is inadequate base of HM quality players on the Alliance to support a 25 man guild that would, say, find themselves on the Oceanic top 10 leaderboard. This isn't a dig at the Alliance specifically, the same problem exists on the Horde side now that Khazuals has departed. I assume therefore you are looking at forming a high quality 10 man similar to what Manly Men are running now.

Here's my advice. You should already know where to find the players you want. If you think you have the leadership in place (and by that I mean a really high quality raid leader and a good set officers) then offer that to other guilds/players, the chance to be a real progression guild.

Khazuals failed because we ended up with some people in positions of authority who had no business being there due to deals done in the process of the merger and importing the bad attitude of another failing guild. If you have a good thing going absorb good players, don't merge, and most importantly - get rid of anyone who can't carry their share of the weight.

This server needs more high quality raid teams, I personally would love to see either Ka Pai absorbing good players from the smaller guilds and stepping up or a high quality 10 man being pulled together from the smaller guilds to give us something to push us along.
Edited by Interference on 2/10/2012 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I personally would love to see either Ka Pai absorbing good players from the smaller guilds and stepping up.

Hey, we're always down to "absorb" good players :)

I'll just leave this here...
http://www.kapaiguild.com/apply
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
you still raid bro? :)
Reply Quote
74 Human Rogue

There is inadequate base of HM quality players on the Alliance to support a 25 man guild that would, say, find themselves on the Oceanic top 10 leaderboard. This isn't a dig at the Alliance specifically, the same problem exists on the Horde side now that Khazuals has departed. I assume therefore you are looking at forming a high quality 10 man similar to what Manly Men are running now.

This server needs more high quality raid teams, I personally would love to see either Ka Pai absorbing good players from the smaller guilds and stepping up or a high quality 10 man being pulled together from the smaller guilds to give us something to push us along.

Well said, Interference. I would be insane to think that a <Suit Up> type guild could come out of Khaz'goroth alliance, but it would be nice to give the manly men some friendly competition. We all know that 2/8 heroic, 3/8 heroic is nothing compared to guilds farming heroic Madness, or guilds on the cusp of defeating the encounter.

I also believe that this server is lacking talent when compared with other oceanic servers (such as frostmourne), especially on the alliance side. There are players out there, some of which have the same desires as I and those that I represent.

I'm not interested in wasting people's time, including mine, which is why I'm not trolling and why I'm posting in the first place. Better players generally brings better efficiency.

Thanks for the bumps, folks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TBH if you are dead set about merging / absorbing broaden your horizon by looking outside Khaz, its a backwater server i have no doubt you would find Wavering 10/25 man guilds on Gundrak, Saurfang or even Dath remar. that have those 5 - 10 dime a dozen players that could be of service.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
the server has lost alot of the majority raiders on that level either from xfering/quitting or stopped raiding you will need to dig alot to get a solid playerbase now on khaz A side.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Khaz'goroth has lost the majority of it players, both Alliance and Horde, you can pretty much see it by the fact there is only 1 25man progression guild left on server wich is like 3/8HM. Even 10s are not that great in terms of progression. You have more chances getting players/merging on Thaurissan Horde or Frostmourne Alliance, that feeling when you PUG 2/8HM from trade there.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
02/11/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Explycit
Gundrak, Saurfang or even Dath remar

02/11/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Explycit
backwater server
Edited by Nerdkrieva on 2/13/2012 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Killumination? Illuminapai? The Killuminationed?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
02/13/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Larrius
only 1 25man progression guild left on server

You haven't heard? Blizz has made it evidently clear that 25-man raiding is dead, giving the 10-man players a better chance of attaining gear and end-boss rewards per person.

02/13/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Larrius
Even 10s are not that great in terms of progression.

The top guild on Khaz is 7/8 heroic and are already working on P2 Heroic Madness. They're also casual raiders, raiding a mere 2 days per week.

I agree though, the rest of the guilds are way behind, but it's always been like that with Khaz'goroth.

TBH if you are dead set about merging / absorbing broaden your horizon by looking outside Khaz, its a backwater server.

@Explycit - Only non-backwater server in Oceania is Frostmourne. Cael is much worse than Khaz'goroth and always has been lol
Edited by Myrealmoffln on 2/14/2012 7:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good Thread =/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@Moffin: Well arguably Cael is worse, but based on progression we have a strong 25m guild (Crimson), plus Penguins & Polarbears (in the oceanic top50.) Whereas Khaz only has Manly Men (excluding Khazuals' position as its dead) +1 Cael

On top of Penguins, theres SOS, Eats Crayons, Cool Whip and quantum at 5/8hm (top 100)
Khaz has..RoE, SPIS and Wipes for Sale. +1 Cael

In terms of 25mans, even though Cael only has 1 guild, Illumination, Ka Pai & Bizarro are 3/8 and Conviction are 2/8... compared to a 6/8hm guild. +1 Cael

I dunno how you see it, but Cael looks better - based on guilds doing solid progression.
Edited by Lunaesta on 2/14/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Cael has Primera. -1 Cael
Reply Quote
81 Troll Priest
@Moffin: Well arguably Cael is worse, but based on progression we have a strong 25m guild (Crimson), plus Penguins & Polarbears (in the oceanic top50.) Whereas Khaz only has Manly Men (excluding Khazuals' position as its dead) +1 Cael

On top of Penguins, theres SOS, Eats Crayons, Cool Whip and quantum at 5/8hm (top 100)
Khaz has..RoE, SPIS and Wipes for Sale. +1 Cael

In terms of 25mans, even though Cael only has 1 guild, Illumination, Ka Pai & Bizarro are 3/8 and Conviction are 2/8... compared to a 6/8hm guild. +1 Cael

I dunno how you see it, but Cael looks better - based on guilds doing solid progression.

what the hell luna WHY ARE YOU THERE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
so i can be a firelord, and run around on my pretty fire phoenix :3
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
02/15/2012 01:10 AMPosted by Lunaesta
so i can be a firelord, and run around on my pretty fire phoenix :3

jerk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]