AK10 selling Heroic Ragnaros mounts

90 Night Elf Priest
Updated 3/14

Having finished progression for Cata, the Arathian Knights are offering players the chance to buy their Heroic Ragnaros mount/title. We are hoping to begin as early as this week.

The starting price is 140k for the mount/title alone, and prices for additional gear/legendary items/full clear achievements will go up from there. A clear of 6/7 H Firelands adds 10k, and items (besides weapons from Rag) you wish to pick up will cost an additional 1k per item.

We will only be bringing in interested players in a DPS role at this time. If you are a main spec healer/tank, you can still come on your terrible DPS spec; don't worry about doing amazing damage. We ask that you be vaguely familiar with the Heroic fight strategy. We prefer that you be capable of avoiding fire, but this is not a strict requirement. Just bring yourself.

For more information or to request a spot, please refer questions to Synariel or Kadowe in-game or PM Guilt or myself through our website at http://www.ak10.info/portal.php.

Edit: We have decided that we will not accept any form of currency (e.g. mounts, gems) aside from gold as payment. This just makes things easier overall.
Edited by Synariel on 3/14/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Rogue
How much for a dragons slayer title?

Edited by Deathsting on 2/8/2012 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I am interested in this - what dates this upcoming week would your guild be available to do this? And do you accept any gold equivalents (vials, choppers, epic gems etc.) and if so how much? I am not on the server so would have to xfer items over and sell it on the AH otherwise.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Wow, 140k for a mount/title from a previous tier of raiding? That's not over priced at all...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
don't buy it if you don't like the price. i'm sure you'll be able to farm it all by your lonesome in 6 tiers or so but for those ppl who don't want to wait, ak is providing a valuable service. do you go to the local porsche dealership and stand in the showroom complaining how pricy the cars are because you are happy with your 1994 camry?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Kamarle--we actually as of now have a wait list for 3 weeks out. If you'd like to be added to the list, I would be more than happy to do so. I'll have to check with my RL, but I think that we would likely accept epic gems (probably Queen's Garnets, specifically) as payment toward the full price. Mounts as payment I'm not so sure about, but I will check.

Thanks for your interest!
Reply Quote
02/13/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Drakulich
don't buy it if you don't like the price. i'm sure you'll be able to farm it all by your lonesome in 6 tiers or so but for those ppl who don't want to wait, ak is providing a valuable service. do you go to the local porsche dealership and stand in the showroom complaining how pricy the cars are because you are happy with your 1994 camry?

Or wait until T14 in MoP and do it with 5 well geared players for free? If this was a Savior title, I might understand the value, but 140.000g for last tiers title? Waste of money, imo.

Also, comparing a tangible piece of property with an in-game title and prestige mount that no one other than you cares about? Correlation fail.
Edited by Anduillin on 2/13/2012 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
38 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Anduillin

Or wait until T14 in MoP and do it with 5 well geared players for free? If this was a Savior title, I might understand the value, but 140.000g for last tiers title? Waste of money, imo.

Also, comparing a tangible piece of property with an in-game title and prestige mount that no one other than you cares about? Correlation fail.

Odds are the Pureblood Fire Hawk and the Life-Binder's Handmaiden will become 1% drops once MoP launches, à la Invincible and Mimiron's Head. Furthermore, AK remains the only guild on this server capable of killing heroic Ragnaros let alone selling kills.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's very likely they'll be removing the 100% drop chance come MoP (a la Invincible and Mimi's Head), so your argument is sort of flawed in that way. The fight probably still won't be a complete joke with 5 level 90 players--so if you feel that getting 5 players together and grinding the mount for however-many-weeks it takes (not to mention deciding who gets it) isn't worth 140k, then hey, that's where the line of worth to you is drawn. Also, speaking of correlation fail, you do realize it isn't real
money

, right?

Edit: person above me beat me to it XD
Edited by Synariel on 2/13/2012 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/13/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Eraserface

*facepalm* no i made an analogy between an old, economical form of transportation (1994 camry = whatever mount you are currently riding and did not pay ak 140k gold for) and a new, expensive form of transportation (porsche = hrag mount that you pay ak 140k gold for). i then provided an example of how ridiculous it is to complain near the vendor regarding the price of the new, expensive form of transportation (standing in the porsche showroom and !@#$%ing about pricing = complaining in this thread about pricing).

as with all things in life that you consider too pricy, the ridiculously simple solution is to not buy the thing that costs more than you are willing to pay. note, however, this never precludes others from finding the pricing reasonable and buying that exact same thing you think is too pricy for precisely the price you are unwilling to pay.
Edited by Drakulich on 2/13/2012 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
77 Human Warrior
I'd be willing to xfer over to buy a run. I currently have enough gold so thats not an issue. I'd like to talk details. When will you be in game?

Edit: I created a lvl one on your realm named "imchill" Look out for a tell from me tonight. I'll be logging on religiously checking if your on or not.
Edited by Brawlmart on 2/13/2012 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
77 Human Warrior
Xfering as we speak.
Reply Quote
77 Human Warrior
actually yes I did. Just need one of them to get on so I can get the 4th week spot :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
02/13/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Drakulich

*facepalm* no i made an analogy between an old, economical form of transportation (1994 camry = whatever mount you are currently riding and did not pay ak 140k gold for) and a new, expensive form of transportation (porsche = hrag mount that you pay ak 140k gold for). i then provided an example of how ridiculous it is to complain near the vendor regarding the price of the new, expensive form of transportation (standing in the porsche showroom and !@#$%ing about pricing = complaining in this thread about pricing).

as with all things in life that you consider too pricy, the ridiculously simple solution is to not buy the thing that costs more than you are willing to pay. note, however, this never precludes others from finding the pricing reasonable and buying that exact same thing you think is too pricy for precisely the price you are unwilling to pay.

Your analogy is flawed because a Porsche is vastly different in both cost and purpose than a Toyota Camry. A pureblood firehawk is nothing more than a different model of something people already have. A more correct analogy would be to relate the 1999 Camry to a 1999 Camry with an aftermarket bodykit that cost $60,000 and provided only aesthetic improvements.

A fool and his money are quickly separated, and if AK can mange to find a bunch, then more power to them, but it doesn't change the fact that it's ludicrous to pay 140k gold for last tiers mount and title, which potentially might even be puggable when we're all drowning in heroic dragon soul epics after we've farmed the 30% nerved version for 6 months.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Synariel, I would like to be added to the wait list for the next available time slot. I tried to find you online earlier this evening but you were not on. What times are you usually online in the evenings? Also, can you tell me at what rate you'll accept gold alternatives (queens garnets, mounts if possible, and anything else)? Like for each garnet you'll consider it to be equal to 5k, or whatever.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Kamarle--So it turns out that the opposite of what I was thinking is true: we'd accept mounts like the Vial/Chopper as payment (basing the currency exchange on current AH prices) but we will not accept gems, since their market price fluctuates rather wildly. If you would like the week 4 spot, let me know what day/time (Wed. or Thurs. preferred, starting at 7:30 p.m.) works best for you. For reference, this would be the lockout week of the 28th, so the preferred days would be 2/29 or 3/1.

Brawlmart--Since Kamarle posted before you, yours would be the week 5 spot. Let me know if this still works for you, and which day/time works best. For reference, this would be the lockout week of March 6, so the preferred days would be 3/7 or 3/8.

Also wanted to post to announce that our Week 1 sale went as smoothly as it could have! A 10-minute 1-shot and we had a proud new Firelord, owner of a Pureblood Firehawk.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
too expensive!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]