LFR intrinsicly unfair looting rules

86 Orc Shaman
02/08/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Atras
I want fairness for everyone, not just for myself. Where in my post do I tailor any of those changes to benefit only myself?
If you would have won all your rolls, this post wouldn't exist.
Edited by Masochist on 2/8/2012 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
02/08/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Masochist
If you would have won all your rolls, this post wouldn't exist.

"Me" winning all the rolls is fair.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The OP like so many posters believes loot should go to the people who need it the most. But sorry its not a progression raiding team. These people don't know you. Blizzard is giving everyone an equal shot at the loot. That's is what they consider fair.

Like I said in another thread they could implement a system which AUTOMATICALLY gives the loot to the person whose current spec it would improve the MOST. This is totally doable. You wouldnt even need rolls.

But they don't do that because the purpose of loot is not to get you geared up as fast as possible its to reward everyone who participates. They want people to play - even people who already have gear. Deal with it..
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
the op tried to post a serious question only to get trolled by all the usual parrots and 12 year olds. i think he made perfectly clear the fact that he wasn't upset because he wasn't getting the loot, but because he wanted the looting rules to be fair across the board for everyone. unfortunately, people are too stupid to even talk to on here. the need to troll/attack someone on here is so great that these kids will abandon logic and reason in the process. do yourself a favor op and don't waste your time posting meaningful information or suggestions on these forums. just let these sheep all troll each other into oblivion so they can feel special.
Reply Quote
6 Goblin Priest
Except he doesn't really want a fairer system. Look how many categories of people he wants to exclude.

What he really wants is a discriminatory system that increases his chances of getting loot.
Edited by Murblez on 2/9/2012 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OP: I totally agree with you. People that don't properly prepare themselves shouldn't be eligible for loot.

Like people who have 3 missing enchants, 2 resilience enchants, don't have a belt buckle and are using 1 uncommon quality gem from WotLK, plus 4 uncommon quality Cataclysm gems.

Those people are jerks.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
OP: I totally agree with you. People that don't properly prepare themselves shouldn't be eligible for loot.

Like people who have 3 missing enchants, 2 resilience enchants, don't have a belt buckle and are using 1 uncommon quality gem from WotLK, plus 4 uncommon quality Cataclysm gems.

Those people are jerks.
You missed the TBC gem! o.o
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Atras
I'm not suggesting roll modifiers based on highest DPS, of course. Instead, I would suggest a DPS MINIMUM for eligibility to roll on gear. ~10k would have be an unbiased mark. This is an easily attainable number for most players level 85 especially meeting the ilvl reqa for LFR... and it would weed out all of the 5k-8k DPS players who ALWAYS seem to be winning the loot.

The reason why this is bad is because you can then exploit who gets to roll on loot.

Examples:

1) I get the healers to not heal you, say, during Zon'ozz's dark phase. You die and become ineligible for loot.

2) I get a priest - or use mine - and life grip you into the ice spikes on Hagara. You die and become ineligible for loot.

Or I just auto attack on a fight like Madness and do 10k anyway.

Sound like a better system?

The fact is the system at the moment is as fair and unbiased as it could possibly be. The only thing that matters is whether you won the roll, and everybody can roll. When you start adjusting that to suit who you think should be winning, then it's not unbiased anymore.
Edited by Hyjinx on 2/9/2012 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
dear op. l2enchant l2gem l2gear outside of lfr. just saying.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman

Those people are jerks.
You missed the TBC gem! o.o
lolz
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Dear OP,

The ultimate solution to all these problems is...

JOIN A GUILD

LFR is what it is, you can't expect much more out of a pug.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I think the OP's heart is in the right place, but he just doesn't understand the silliness that would start if his idea's were implemented. The performance bar in LFR is set incredibly low for a reason, so those for whatever reason who can't perform up to your standards don't cause a significant problem in completing the encounter.

LFR will evolve, enjoy the freak show while it lasts.

I think one thing that would make LFR more "Fair" would be removing the two-hour trade window for gear that is won with a Need. Making Need wins soulbound would fix a few problems.
Edited by Dahk on 2/9/2012 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/08/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Atras
Currently, what is the incentive to farm HoT PvE gear, create a PvE spec/glyphs, learn and execute a PvE rotation if you intend on running LFR? There is none. There is absolutely no reason not to grab some welfare PvP gear, que completely unspecced and spam random attacks on bosses. You get EXACTLY the same rewards as everyone else, right? There is a problem with that.

LFR is designed so that ppl who don't farm HoT PvE gears, not having a PvE spec/glyphs, and not learn and execute a PvE rotations, can still experience the storyline and get some contents in the process...
Reply Quote
52 Undead Hunter
02/08/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Atras
Dear O.P. i just had to check your armory you have 3 pieces of lfr gear and 1 of each boss kill i think you are one of the last people who should be complaining.

This is only one (the newest) of many of my toons. Also, you obviously have not read anything I said.. I am not complaining for MY benefit here. I'm brining this up for the general welfare of the WoW community. I'm arguing for everyone here who uses LFR, not just myself. Fairness for everyone is all I want to see.

You can't be arguing on behalf of everyone who uses LFR because a lot of people who use LFR have pvp gear, pvp specs, crappy dps (the thing you are arguing against).

With that said, the LFR loot system is not perfect - neither is our community but IMO it is a pretty impressive system.

What you may want to try is asking politely if the person actually needs the gear they just won. I have gotten countless pieces of gear just by asking nicely (including gurthalak off a frost dk and 6 tier tokens so far).
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think the OP's heart is in the right place, but he just doesn't understand the silliness that would start if his idea's were implemented. The performance bar in LFR is set incredibly low for a reason, so those for whatever reason who can't perform up to your standards don't cause a significant problem in completing the encounter.

LFR will evolve, enjoy the freak show while it lasts.

I think one thing that would make LFR more "Fair" would be removing the two-hour trade window for gear that is won with a Need. Making Need wins soulbound would fix a few problems.

Yes... best response yet. Except then Blizz would have tons of tickets. I think not being able to sell, disenchant, or mog the items would make it a little bit more fair.

You cannot make a loot rule that will exclude D-bags. D-bags by nature find ways to make rules work to their advantage. Believe me, if there were rules like you are suggesting, people like you "with their hearts in the right place" would be making posts extolling the virtures of a roll based system. Think about it.
Edited by Linthiel on 2/9/2012 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]