Bad Company: The Cross Realm Rogue Project

100 Human Rogue
With the introduction of RealID, and later functionality, it has become possible to invite friends to instances even when they are on another server. Some of members of the community have expressed interest in doing some all rogue events.

Some preliminary ideas include all rogue battlegrounds and with the help of some other class communities, raids as well. The process in very much in the development phase, but I'd like to get this going as soon as possible.

Currently we must use the RealID system. But when battletags are released we'll be able to do it that way as well. We will need to collect such information if we are to coordinate for invites.

DO NOT POST YOUR REALID HERE!

I propose a system of trustees who can be be the realid bearers so that we can do invites. That person could be contacted in-game. I think the best method would be to simply create an alt on the trustees server and send them a mail with your realid information. The trustee will then add you to the list and confirmation of receipt will be done on the forum thread for the event.

It is important to note that anyone on realid friends can see who you are friends with on realid. If this is a privacy concern. You may not wish to participate. This actually isn't any different than xbox live/facebook, but some players may be concerned if there account isn't protected by an authenticator, since your realid is basically your login.

Additionally, trustees could wipe all realids after each event. The process can begin anew for each event.

If you wish to participate, you will need to express your interest in this thread.

If there is enough interest, we can start gathering information.

We will also need to nominate interested individuals to be trustees, we might as well do that on the first pass as well.

I also propose that CRRP event threads be call "Bad Company: x".

Discussion began in the TotT thread, but I'd like to limit essential discussion to this thread only.

For reference:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988671798?page=22#423

Note: This is just a starting plan. This is very much the time to hash out logistical details and whatnot.
Edited by Aeriwen on 2/10/2012 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I approve this idea, and since we have such a large community of rogues, we could do it on either side of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
My brain can't comprehend the awesomeness of this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
If only you silly non-Horde rogues were Horde... You make Caera a sad panda.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
02/10/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Caera
If only you silly non-Horde rogues were Horde... You make Caera a sad panda.

You at least have me :P

And (not)golleniel...
And Sheevah...
And...

Yeah I think we already won. Run tanto and gyro, run!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Hmm, I was thinking we could still do alliance vs horde for battlegrounds. They would just have to be managed separately. And, if we are queueing at the same time. Which we can do via vent, we should stand a good chance of popping together on the premade queue.

But as you can see, we still have a lot of details to work out.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/10/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Backstabi
And Sheevah...

Sheevah's main is a human rogue, and I'm contemplating on becoming human, worgen or Nelf...not sure what race yet for pve and pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I'm imagining and all rogue AV.

Oh, the horror!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Oh, the horror!

But if all 40 rogues were to Ambush the final boss at the same time...
Reply Quote
Yeah we would get Gyroscope...

we all know gnomes = win
Edited by Tempera on 2/10/2012 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

Oh, the horror!

But if all 40 rogues were to Ambush the final boss at the same time...

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible has happened."
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Novel idea. Count me in. I'll get to play with the big boys!
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
02/10/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Backstabi
And Sheevah...

As has been pointed out, I'm no longer horde.

My guild decided to transfer, and I went with it so I could play with my friends.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Down for sure if horde rocks this to or I may finish my 80 alliance rogue and put her somewhere that has actual pvp choices
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Would be fun if we could get a horde rogue and an ally rogue on the same server.

ALL ROGUE WARGAMES!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I would love to make our community infamous. Imagine the entire horde team sighing as they see green daggers light up their scoredboard page.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/10/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Shadowmønger
I would love to make our community infamous

Aren't we already infamous? Most other classes hate us or think we are too OP because they die easily, so that right there makes us famous for all the wrong reasons.
Reply Quote
Imagine getting 5 Rogue forums rogue (Who you KNOW are good at their class) in a premade.

I call hilarity.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'd love to do this. I'm in.

Heck, I'd faction change one of my rogues to play both sides.

Edit: I just told my wife who mains a disc priest, she'd totally love to heal something like that. Along with a bunch of guildmates loving the idea of hopping on their rogues to participate.

In fact, my wife's first reply to me telling her about it was... When do we go?
Edited by Pajamas on 2/10/2012 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
My name is Rogaré, and I approve this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]