Possible Server Choice?

After a forced 8 month Hiatus, i am now returning to WoW, seeing as though my old guild has since moved on and fallen apart, and that i cannot deal with west coast raid times. i am considering this server as a possible transfer.

there are a few things i am looking into,
1. How is the Raiding on the server? I have 2 chars i run usually, a Prot/Holy Pally and a Resto/boomkin druid, the pally being my main with my OS being holy there. Keep in mind i am 8 months out of the loop here.

2. How is the World PVP here, is it common to run into an Alliance for someone on the Horde?

3. How is the Server economy, is it way inflated or doing pretty good?

i will be bringing at least 8-10 chars with me when i do this server transfer, 2 being mine and the rest being friends or other raiders that did not move on. I was a raid Leader and Main tank in my previous guild.

I Appreciate the Input.

Happy Raiding
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
I just started on this server as my first PVP server, and Ive run into a LOT of horde, and th eonly time I was attacked was because of a cocky lvl 85 huntard...just the other day I was hanging out with an Orc War...fun times! I know for sure Alliance always has people looking for people to Raid with and stuff. #ALWAYS
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I just xferred off. From Alliance side. AH (economy) is way inflated. The pugs are terrible. The only way you'll make it into a good raid group is to join a good guild. World pvp is decent, depending on who you ask to help you out. Alliance outnumbers horde, but not terribly.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Thinking of xfering here as well... My server is a boring pve server. Leveling another hunter to replace this guy so I don't aggro my raiding wife when I switch. Then again maybe I should just xfer the new one when MOP comes out since gear won't mean @#$%.

Anyways ... The Horde on my server are dying out. :( I miss em. Are the Horde dying out here as well? Trying to find a server without too much lag with decent horde/alli balance.
Reply Quote
AM is quite possibly the most phenomenal, incredible, stupendous, fantastic, salubrious, euphonious, wicked-bad, sick-nasty server currently in existence-with regard to the known wow/server universe-and is what i can only assume the beloved home of a certain server first leeching (such parasites!) guild that may or may not be fond of certain hard alcoholic substances/beverages/cocktails.
BG q's (queue is such a confusedly spelled word) seem transient to me, though I don't have extensive experience in regard to other server's q's (spelling queue is so arduous), though the few I have stalwartly endured were quite atrocious. AM, again, must therefore be the best concerning q's (who decided queue would be spelled as it is?).

The raiding 'scene', as it were (as the 'hip' kids might deem it) tends to be auspicious and successful. Granted, none are quite as advanced, consistent or proficient as, say, certain constantly inebriated gentlemen. Also, recruiting tends to be somewhat reflective of college football. The best tend to gravitate toward the best, though often we don't have the luxury of simply offering various players absurd quantities of monetary currency in order to gain their membership. Generally speaking, many guilds do reasonably well, and you should have no issue/trouble/difficulty (happy / day!) finding a guild that suits your tastes, schedule, social predilictions and desire to be verbally abused in a manner condusive to panic attacks, stress induced ulcers and general, unshakable apprehension (we've got it all!).
In the evening, you will find yourself dazzled by the political interests and related prowess of the community that calls AM home. You'll be impressed as conversation devolves into what can best be described as a derision festival. The anti-liberal, anti-obama crowd wil wow you with their ability to state an opinion and back it up with hard, factual ridicule. In short, you may find trade chat to be a somewhat entertaining place, if not slightly on the carnal side (SLIGHTLY <---assume this is twice as large as it is). If you take no sides and make vague, ambiguous comments you will, in so doing, maximize your enjoyment of this particular textual spectacle.
Generally speaking, I personally enjoy AM's face off, the people are interesting, lively, and will occupy the ledges outside the SW AH as though the cement's still wet and they're making historical imprints (forgive me if the ledges are constructed of brick, ill assume the mortar is imprintable/pliable). You will like it here, but perfection will not be found on any server such that you may as well delude yourself and pretend you'll find it on AM!
Edited by Virtuosity on 3/14/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Human Mage
What Virtuosity said. Period. This server is amazing. Been here forever and never missed anywhere else I have played.

@Jarshiie, the reason you have run into a fair number of horde of late has more to do with SoR. Alliance, for the most part, can quest here in relative peace. And the vast majority of horde I -do- run into are pretty fair in terms of letting bygones be bygones. I've seen my fair share of pvp... but nothing in terms of rampant ganking.

@Tasteh, Any high population on a given faction are going to have a somewhat bloated economy. I have seen worse realms.

In short, AM is a great server. Though the horde is a bit light comparatively.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
@Skyle, The server I'm on now has a vast majority that's horde. The economy isn't bloated at all. It's actually relatively cheap, considering. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that AM is a bad server. I still have 7 toons here, myself. But as for being the best server you could xfer to, it's definitely not. There are better servers out there.
Reply Quote
82 Human Mage
But a server cannot and should not be chosen just PURELY on economy. Sure, there might be better economy servers out there (Sargeras is one), but comparitively to some others it's not awful. And i find the community on AM makes up for some of it's other shortcomings.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Oh, I don't disagree. However, there are also better servers for raiding and PvP. Sure, the people are nice on AM. But it's completely dead if you're looking for PvP. There's a bit of world pvp. But trying to get in a rbg group or finding decent arena partners just doesn't happen. This also applies to raiding. Yes, I'll be the first to admit that there are some good PvE guilds on AM. Again, however, there are better servers for that. Guild recruitment on AM for good guilds is very limited, and there's not a high chance of getting into a core group. Other servers offer a bit more variety.
If you're looking for PvP, go to a different server.
If you're looking for PvE, check out the higher end guilds on this server to see what they're recruiting. If they're not recruiting your class/spec specifically, you'll probably have better luck elsewhere.
Definitely not saying that AM is a bad server. I'm just saying that there are better servers out there. That goes for any realm, though. So it's all a matter of opinion.
Reply Quote
82 Human Mage
I'll agree with you on the pvp aspect Tasteh.

If you are looking for a fairly balanced server, and world PVP is important to you, Shadowmoon is fairly decent.

Just keep an eye out for Prayer. He's kinda douchey.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Oh, I don't disagree. However, there are also better servers for raiding and PvP. Sure, the people are nice on AM. But it's completely dead if you're looking for PvP. There's a bit of world pvp. But trying to get in a rbg group or finding decent arena partners just doesn't happen. This also applies to raiding. Yes, I'll be the first to admit that there are some good PvE guilds on AM. Again, however, there are better servers for that. Guild recruitment on AM for good guilds is very limited, and there's not a high chance of getting into a core group. Other servers offer a bit more variety.
If you're looking for PvP, go to a different server.
If you're looking for PvE, check out the higher end guilds on this server to see what they're recruiting. If they're not recruiting your class/spec specifically, you'll probably have better luck elsewhere.
Definitely not saying that AM is a bad server. I'm just saying that there are better servers out there. That goes for any realm, though. So it's all a matter of opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
1. Not at all. PVP in cataclysm is dead. If you're looking for a fun environment and getting high rating it will always depend on your "group" of friends.

2. Cross Server rbgs . And you have to put yourself out there . I never saw you advertising to do arena with anyone other than probell.

3. There are better servers than that yayayaya. You have to IMPRESS people to get into a raiding guilds core. There is a high chance. ------------------You just need to ^

4. You can go to any server and find a better "community" for yourself. Just the way you interact with other people

5. Not true. If you put in a application , and say you out damage or out perform their other damagers with LESS gear. You can easily pull a raiding spot in any guild. Which is the way it goes... for every guild
Edited by Bigcamstylez on 3/15/2012 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
1. I'll agree with that.

2. I've never been 100% serious about pvp. So, why would I advertise to do arenas seriously? Just not worth the headache that comes with all of the trollin' and nagging. lol

3&5. I'm not saying that it's impossible. Just unlikely.

4. I've been on AM for all of my time on WoW save for the past few days being on MG. Like I said, I'm not saying it's a bad server. There are some good people there. But they're hard to find behind all of the trolls and elitists. The reason I xferred to MG was because the friends that I had on AM xferred off, and I had irl friends on MG. There's always going to be better servers out there for something. Like I said in my earlier posts, I'm not saying that AM is a bad server, I still have 7 toons there. It's just dying.
Edited by Tasteh on 3/15/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Go to Tichondrius and never look back. The end.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Is everyone on this server so..... "wordy"?

I Love the random in server world PVP... If someone gets the best of me on a good gank I'll flip over on a horde alt and tell em GG... not cuss em. If I'm doin the gankin, when they rez, I'll even let em eat/buff up to get a fair shot at me. Just for the sake of Sportsmanship. Thing is the horde are dying out on BT.. I'm runnin outta rivals that wanna "play" cuz they movin to PVP servers.. :(

So world PVP dead here?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]