Good TV shows like Game of Thrones ?

90 Human Warlock
I'm looking for good TV shows that are really well done with high production values like:

- Game of Thrones
- Sherlock
- Boardwalk Empire
- Sopranos
also Archer/Arrested Development/Black Adder for Comedy

Doesn't really have to be restricted to a particular genre; just looking for good quality stuff not the usual mainstream sitcom garbage like glee/Big bang theory/friends/how i met your mother etc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The Walking Dead for drama mixed with kick !@#. The League for the most hilarious comedy out there.
Reply Quote
19 Orc Hunter
There are a lot of HBO shows that are excellent.
Rome
Deadwood
The Wire

IMO all three were better than Sopranos or Game of Thrones. There are some others as well, but those are probably my favorites.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Entourage
Hung (it's alright, but I liked it personally)
Californication (Shotime
Bored to Death
Camelot (unfortunately, Starz felt it didn't that much as it should been. So, no renew seasons)

Being Human (US Version)
Grimm
Lost Girl

There's more, but that is all I can think of.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Go With Justified one of the best shows on Television and starting its third season. Oh or Deadwood its canceled and off the air but if you like westerns its a must see.
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
Agreeing with Deadwood and Justified (made http://i.imgur.com/CLAMd.jpg for people interested -- work in progress. SoA is terrible, but they shared a lot so I incl'd the show).

Homeland
Californication
Breaking Bad

Portlandia
Archer

Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Definitely Breaking Bad. So good.

Also, you might want to check out Carnivale. It was pretty good, but it was never given a proper ending.

As for comedy, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
another vote for Homeland.

If you're going to mention Grimm then mention Fringe as well.

Dexter. it lagged a bit this season but the last episode sets up the upcoming final seasons very well imo and explains why they went a particular direction... it's so that the title character wasn't shot in the final moments of the last episode
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]