Shadow Word Death Glitch

90 Human Priest
02/13/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Brohamed
I'd say just mash it until a more elegant solution comes along.

I'd have to test it to see if it's a dps loss or not to do so , because if it is then my class is playif wrong and I need to fix this

If there's something blocking you from being able to SW:D on your first try and after absolutely everything nothing will fix it, your next best thing to do would be mash as fast as possible so the delay between SW:D press 1 and 3 is minimal.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Are you positive you weren't just locked out of your shadow tree by having Mind Blast or Mind Spike or even Mind Sear being interrupted by a mob with a 2 second interrupt similar to Wind Shear?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
OMG
I run in to this issue regularly also and the only way that I know to get around it currently is to mash SW:D until it goes off successfully... It is pretty annoying when I am clearly off GCD and not having latency related issues (how can I tell? well all my other instants are, well.. instant and not giving me the "Spell not ready" message) to recast this spell... but to those who are already used to mashing keys to make the most of their latency this simply means a few more mashes on this one!

Is this the intended operation of SW:D? I'm guessing no...
Should Blizzard take a look into the issue? YES
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
My priest has been having the same issue for over 2 years now. i have gotten ahold of gm and they seem like, all is well kinda attitude. Go blizzard... well its not the ability issue after 100's of tries. The glyph is actually what screws it up. so yes its a dps gain if u were gonna use mind flay right after but if your in the spike/mind blast phase with t13 4pc its a huge loss in dps. maybe blizzard can fix this before the next xpac or maybe the one after, i know they are really busy :0
QUICK fix blizz if you read this stuff. just make the glyph reduce the cd on death spell under 25% of health by 50%. should get same amount of uses with no delay and make the angry priest world happy
Edited by Shifting on 3/1/2012 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Priest
03/01/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Shifting
so yes its a dps gain if u were gonna use mind flay right after but if your in the spike/mind blast phase with t13 4pc its a huge loss in dps.

I don't get what you're saying here. Are you saying it's a DPS boost to cast Mind Flay inbetween SW:Ds? If so, that's a loss in DPS.

The 'bug' itself doesn't affect your DPS at all if you just mash the key.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Possibly adjust your spell queuing latency.

And spam it. No reason not to. I spam that !@#$ until I see the cooldown timer text from omniCC :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]