Legendary Weapon: Hunter

90 Dwarf Hunter
Ok i know about shadowmourne, frostmourne, aitesh, val'anyr, thunderfury, and all other super legendary weapons, but where is the hunter one? Its time for a hunter one, and i would love sylvanas's bow.
(ps to any blizz employees you should add pews to the cathedral of light)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm not sure if u trying to troll but Hunter already had a Legendary back during BC. (Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury)
Reply Quote
Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
That bow was not a hunter bow, it was a Rogue stat stick.

Unlike ALL of the other legendaries that came, this was the only one to be outdated in 1 patch. As soon as then next major patch came (not expansion, PATCH), this bow was outdated in a flash.

The rogue legendary daggers WILL be outdated by Pandaria, but thats an expansion.

The caster Leg from firelands is still BiS this patch.

---Count them, rogues have had 7 Legionaries, Hunters have had 2, one being outdated within single digit weeks.
Reply Quote
too bad thor'dal was for rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
ferals....
Reply Quote
How about a legendary scope?

It would need to not be consumed by use (so you could use it on multiple weapons, binding them of course).

It could add a physical awsome looking scope to the ranged weapon you were equiping, and have an awsome proc or somthing like that.

Just an idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/11/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Magz
Hunters have had 2

I sincerely hope you aren't counting thunderfury.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why not just give each spec class there own legendary. Sorry blizz but the whole rogues are at the bottom of the player % so you make a legendary made no since.

Give ferals there staff/polarms
Give enhance shamans there maces or axes
give hunters bow gun or cross bow.

I cant think of anything else since casters got the staff this pack and pallys warriors and dks got frostmounre.

Oh and I would like to know who thought of making it where a dk can get the glaives?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
rogues have had 7 Legionaries

Silly spell check gets me all the time too.
Reply Quote
19 Orc Hunter
I doubt it will happen at this point. They seem to have a hard enough time balancing hunters as is. Can you imagine if they gave hunters something like that caster staff?

Remember when they said that they had to be very careful with hunter buffs (especially in pvp) because of the 1% who truly master the class? How that 1% would be untouchable? How can they possibly add a legendary weapon into that mix?

If hunters get a legendary in the future, i think it will be a different type of legendary. Like many posters have speculated, a weapon with the dame dps as top tier, but with some sort of raid wide effect rather than individual dps.

Other than that, I don't see it happening.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters will NEVER get a legendary that is BiS.

As long as legendaries are usable in arena's and the developer's play mage or rogue, no hunter will ever be allowed to use a legendary in pvp.

Just look at Thoridal, the only legendary ever introduced in WoW that wasnt even BiS for its intended class. Rogues and warriors got more out of Thoridal than hunters did. Arguing that Thoridal was a hunter legendary is like saying Tarecgosa is a disc priest legendary.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters will NEVER get a legendary that is BiS.

As long as legendaries are usable in arena's and the developer's play mage or rogue, no hunter will ever be allowed to use a legendary in pvp.

Just look at Thoridal, the only legendary ever introduced in WoW that wasnt even BiS for its intended class. Rogues and warriors got more out of Thoridal than hunters did. Arguing that Thoridal was a hunter legendary is like saying Tarecgosa is a disc priest legendary.

And plus its special thing of magical arrows is now a memory with ammo being gone, which hurts Thor's rep as a hunter legendary even more so imo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Give ferals there staff/polarms
Give enhance shamans there maces or axes

There =/= they're =/= their.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter

Color me confused. How was this NOT a hunter weapon. Increased crit, haste, agility, and stamina. All stats hunters use.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

Color me confused. How was this NOT a hunter weapon. Increased crit, haste, agility, and stamina. All stats hunters use.

As soon as arrows were removed, I believe Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas actually became best in slot. Slower, more agility, more crit.

I could be wrong, I never got into Sunwell.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter

As soon as arrows were removed, I believe Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas actually became best in slot. Slower, more agility, more crit.

The stats on Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas are good but not quite better than Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury. In its time Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury was the BiS. Granted it didn't last long but legendaries are more about bragging rights than actual use items in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

arrows werent removed till wrath or was it cata? to tired

thought ti was becuase higher dps from the epic bow with strong ammo while the legandary produces it own ammo
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Ugh, ammo was not removed till 4.0. Years are all starting to run together :P

I abdicated to people with more knowledge :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

The stats on Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas are good but not quite better than Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury. In its time Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury was the BiS. Granted it didn't last long but legendaries are more about bragging rights than actual use items in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but people who are saying the legendary bow was only a stat stick for rogues are either latecomers or just never killed KJ before 3.0 massive nerf.

Our guild had 3 hunters with 3 bows and 4 rogues with dual glaives months before 3.0 rolled in. They were BiS, but the legendaries didn't last long nor did they help with progression; just farming.

The only reason they were "cool" was when you used to be able to duel people inside Ironforge. Our hunters got naked and shot each other just to show off the blue star that comes from the bow instead of arrows.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]