Hi druids! Restokin(.com) is back.

MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
My blog (restokin.com) went down for about a week with technical issues. I just wanted to let you guys know that it is back up and running now! We got the site back online last night and everything seems to generally be working. We lost a lot of data (about 7 months worth of posts), so we had to re-post a bunch of our older posts, and we lost any comments that were on those posts. /sad face

Restokin.com still doesn't show up on google searches yet, so you have to go to the site directly. Searching for the site in google may start working again some time in the next few days (crosses fingers).

I'll be here for analyzing all the MOP stuff, posting feedback on both the forums and my blog as we get new class updates. I'm super excited to have everything working again. I am really excited about MoP info coming "soon".
Edited by Lissanna on 2/13/2012 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
For the Monday people back from the weekend. >.>
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thumbs down on the title. :(
Reply Quote
First thing I thought, when you said "Restokin is back" was the old deep balance healing spec from TBC. :P Can't think of the talent down there that was amazing for healing, but it was a cool spec. haha
Reply Quote
02/13/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Skwish
First thing I thought, when you said "Restokin is back" was the old deep balance healing spec from TBC. :P Can't think of the talent down there that was amazing for healing, but it was a cool spec. haha

This is exactly what I thought... I actually furrowed my brow and said "... how can you get any good healing talents as balance ? ? ?"
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
I also was tricked
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
I changed the title to be more specific.

People have been posting in the forums about my site being down this week, so I wanted to let people know its back.

There won't ever be hybrid resto/moonkin builds ever again guys. :)
Edited by Lissanna on 2/13/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Lissanna

and we're all saddened by this (why does sad get an extra 'd' in 'saddened'? this language is dumb...)

People have been posting in the forums about my site being down this week, so I wanted to let people know its back.

Much better and welcome back. I also noticed that druidify had a slump in visitors last week and when I checked referrers I saw why - restokin was down >_<
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Reygahnci

and we're all saddened by this (why does sad get an extra 'd' in 'saddened'? this language is dumb...)

Much better and welcome back. I also noticed that druidify had a slump in visitors last week and when I checked referrers I saw why - restokin was down >_<

grammar lesson time:
http://www.spelling.hemscott.net/suffix4B.html
If the base word has:
one syllable
one short vowel
(the short vowels are ham, bed, lip, rot, gun)one consonant at the end
you double the final consonant when you add a vowel suffix.

now that grammar lesson is done... It's been a really stressful week. I'm just glad the blog is back up and running.
Reply Quote
02/13/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Lissanna
now that grammar lesson is done... It's been a really stressful week. I'm just glad the blog is back up and running.

I wasn't question the rule... having rules is fine. The fact is that the rule's existence is dumb.

I'm sorry you had a stressful week... want some waffles? We gots waffles ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I support anything that has to do with druids.

Self proclaimed best Rdruid US -Dreamzz
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Reygahnci

I wasn't question the rule... having rules is fine. The fact is that the rule's existence is dumb.

I'm sorry you had a stressful week... want some waffles? We gots waffles ^_^

I love waffles! /nom

English does have really dumb rules. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I support anything that has to do with druids.

Self proclaimed best Rdruid US -Dreamzz

I approve of this
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/13/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Reygahnci

It's true that there are many silly rules in English grammar. This one in particular, however, makes perfect sense because it keeps pronunciation rules consistent (not that THOSE are always consistent, though. But anything that does actually promote consistency in language is a good thing, IMO.).

If you didn't double the consonant on one-syllable, short vowel/consonant words, you'd have to pronounce them differently. So, sad and saden (sadden) would no longer sound the same. The first would be the short a sound as usual, but the second would be a long a sound (pronounced like the first a in satan).

So, without the double consonant in sadden, we'd either have to have inconsistent pronunciation rules, or change the official pronunciation of words like that (which is really, really hard to do).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Holy necromancers Batman!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Bah! I can't believe I've been fooled by 2 necros in the past week. I'm usually good at that sort of thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]