So you hate bots as much as I do? Do this.

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Death Knight
Most of us know that Blizzard's stance against botting partially depends on the the community reporting these bots. You know who they are, the /followers in BGs that get stuck on cliffs and trees, the miners in Uldum. This post addresses the latter: Hacked players in Uldum.

You're out farming, and you see that one person doing that kinda automated flying pattern, always flies straight up after mining? It's probably a bot, or a hacked player (both.), and you should go ahead and report them by creating a ticket ingame.

That is if you see them physically ingame. However, there are ways how you can tell a player is botting without even going into Uldum! This is you are bored, or feeling awfully passionate about stopping those botters on your server who ruin your economy.

1) /who Uldum
2) Look at their Armory history for suspicious activity + 525 mining
3) ?????
4) Profit!

--[REMOVED]--

With this, I am trying to encourage players to be more proactive a little bit with reporting bots, as they don't make this game fun for anybody. don't try to become obsessed with finding bots with this method either. I do my rounds once in a while, and have seen plenty of players *poof* from the game as a result.

Report them, but report wisely.
Edited by Vaeflare on 2/13/2012 3:21 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
you cant call people out on the forums, and you have to know they are a bot before reporting. are you going to report everyone who recently got 525 mining?
86 Undead Warrior
you have to know they are a bot before reporting

I wish what you said was true, I honestly think other people just report out of anger for mining the same ore and getting it faster than them. I've been banned before for suspected botting by Blizzard, which is so stupid because there are tons of definite bots out there that go unnoticed for weeks and the real people are the ones getting account closures.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes please remove the armory links. And be aware that many players use some of their toons only to farm so you may think they are bots while they actually are not.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
By that logic my 81 DK who I used to farm 525 herbalism at the start of Cata and haven't touched since = bot. You can't judge whether someone's account is compromised or whether they're botting just by looking at their armory.

Unless you personally see them behaving suspiciously in game, there is no way to tell if someone is truly a bot.
87 Night Elf Hunter
I've seen a lot of bots, i killed one 18 times in a row in a BG (almost got the 20 kills achiev, but it got stuck in a rock for the last 5 minutes :( ).

If you see a bot, and for a fact you know its one, use the blizzard tool for reporting it, forums are not the best place to do that.

And for history, its not a good tool. Not with this toon, but in early wotlk i used to farm for hours, on a regular pattern, just because it was the best way to do it, and sometimes my toon was stuck in a tree (when i was sleeping in my keyboard, farming for hours does that :P). I was asked a couple of times if i was a bot, but i did reply them fast.
90 Pandaren Rogue
LFR botting is all the rage now, didn't anyone tell you?
85 Blood Elf Warlock
1) /who Uldum
3) ?????
4) Profit!

You're a moron you know that right? I mean Being in uldum and maxed mining means I HAVE to be a bot right? /eyeroll

85 Worgen Hunter
I read the whole thing, but at this part...
1) /who Uldum

...I can't tell if trolling or serious.

If the latter, then I strongly support a "Report for stupidity" button.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/13/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Omni
You're out farming, and you see that one person doing that kinda automated flying pattern, always flies straight up after mining? It's probably a bot, or a hacked player (both.), and you should go ahead and report them by creating a ticket ingame.

really dude , I fly in a pattern when I farm nodes I circle the dang zone!! Alot of the time I will mount and fly up before heading off. Are you seriously saying thats botting behavior only?
85 Draenei Shaman
meh bots are easy to out do :P on my realm their arent a whole lot I just get them stuck on a node then go about my day lol
Community Manager
We appreciate that many of you wish to take an active role in reporting players that may be using third-party programs for illegitimate gains. As others have mentioned in this thread, however, such discussion would be better served by making sure your examples do not include the names or armory links of other players. Regardless of the intent, calling out other players is not permitted on the forums.

If you feel that another player is botting, you can report them by submitting an in-game ticket or by utilizing our Battle.net Support ticket form: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]