Ironman Challenge: Join Us!

90 Tauren Druid
Following this with great interest on the US forums - a fun read. Have a suggstion to anyone thinking of givng it a go. Throw dice to decide your Race/Class choice and randomise for looks. Then keep us updated as to progress :) (NO Death Knights, must start at lvl 1)

"Some people complain WoW is too easy." Well, for people who want a challenge, take part in the Iron Man Challenge! I came across a thread from someone named Sandinhiseye about this, and it was fairly old. So, rather than necro it, I'm making a new thread.

Taken from his thread (thought I edited it a bit), here are the rules:
1)No items equipped other than White or Gray items.You may use Items looted or taken from gbank
2) No heirlooms
3) No talent points - no specialization - you may train class abilities
4) No professions, primary or secondary, other than First Aid.
5) No food or water above vendor-quality white items. Unless it comes from the gbank!
6) No groups- no BG's, no instances, no raids, no quest groups.
7) No enchants, scrolls, potions/elixirs, or glyphs
.8) No outside financial or equipment assistance (no gold or bags from other toons), Except for Mount monies covered by the guild and repairs covered by the guild
9) THE BIG ONE - if you die, ever, you delete that toon and start over at lvl 1 Any takers?
10) NEW RULE: anyone killed by Åçïdïç, doesnt have to start over. Deaths by him will be ignored.

Rewards:
lvl 10: 100g
lvl 15: 200
lvl 20: 300g
lvl 25: 400g
lvl 30: 500g
lvl 35: 600g
lvl 40: 700g
lvl 45: 800g
lvl 50: 500g
lvl 55: 600g
lvl 60: 700g
lvl 65: 800g
lvl 70: 900g
lvl 75: 1000g
lvl 80: 1100g
lvl 85: 1200g

Frequently Asked Questions:
Are mounts usable? Yes, they have to be because they are required to access certain areas.
What bags can I use: Only the vendor/drop white ones. 12 slot ones are available.

Can I use the Auction House: Yes. you can use the auction house to sell drops.Yes, you can buy white items from vendors. You may not buy from the Auction House, Only Sell!

Self-buffs are trainable class skills, therefore these are allowed.

Rogue poisons are an integral and essential part of the rogue class and are allowed as are all class self-buffs.

Also to add most people are using 'iron' in the character name, this is certainly not a requirement of course, just for fun. So Ironpally, Trolliron, Ironfool, Darkiron, etc.

We will be checking guild armory daily to ensure Rules are being followed, Break a rule and your kicked out of the guild :P

Roster:
Naddi: Ironlishious
Tekenoso: Ironfootlong
Paitenstoon: Flatiron (1 Death)
Bush: Ironbush
Ferral: Ironkay
Holyplume: Ironplume (1 Death)
Tuskkar: Irondoug (2 Deaths)
Dalimomma: Rustyiron
Funwithheals: Funwithiron
Lorrona: Irondeposit
Gotwoodforu: Irontwist (2 Deaths)
Jolakis: Vagofiron (1 Dealth)
Zelynn: Huntn (1 Dealth)
Zallyn: Ironhunters
Juiceyjuice: Ishallnotdie
Edited by Naddi on 3/12/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Whisper me on Naddi in game and I will log over and guild invite you and add you to the roster! :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Teken, your a crazy mofo! You took the most challenging and went priest mode :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
To those who have whispered me,

YES! this is open to the entire server, hince me posting on the forums... duh boys!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just whisper me in game and ill switch to Ironlishious and pop you an invite :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We have 6ppl up for the challenge! Are you?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Tekenoso: Ironfootlong
Paitenstoon: Flatiron
Bush: Ironbush
Ferral: Ironkay
Holyplume: Ironplume
Tuskkar: Irondoug

Are you up for the challenge?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hmm so some worgen mage is out to gank us and make us start over :P Who could this be?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Lol
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Lunchmeatt
I am innocent

I believe u, I mean look him naddi, he has such an innocent puppy dog face.
....wish I could convince my friends to go ally so i could be a cute little puppy. XD
Edited by Zeichen on 2/20/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought the rules were the guild had to be level 1... so if people are questing won't that level up the guild? Or am I missing something...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Quitehealthy
I thought the rules were the guild had to be level 1... so if people are questing won't that level up the guild? Or am I missing something...

where does it say it has to be a lvl 1 guild?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I'm looking forward to this!

Currently making a lvl 1 char on horde and adding the ironman ppl as friends. When I see a person log, I'm going to jump on my ally guy with the general location they're in and start some world PVP!

Oh the fun!
Edited by Chunkymunky on 2/21/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Zeichen

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4452527/Till_Death_Do_You_Part-2_10_2012#blog

"10. No guilds. An exception is made for Iron Man guilds. No guild perks."

So if it didn't level up it'd be fine, but once you get perks it's not iron man anymore..

I'm just asking out of curiosity, mind you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Only 1200g is a waste of time.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/21/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Quitehealthy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4452527/Till_Death_Do_You_Part-2_10_2012#blog

"10. No guilds. An exception is made for Iron Man guilds. No guild perks."

So if it didn't level up it'd be fine, but once you get perks it's not iron man anymore..

I'm just asking out of curiosity, mind you.

ah, ok, i was just going off of the one that naddi posted. but that does seem kind of a problem if they get alot of ppl questing and the guild lvling from it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]