New MOP Talents

85 Human Warlock
How come everyone but the Warlock and Priests have Damaging max level talents and we don't? Blizzard actually took away a somewhat decent talent for splash damage and gave us some crappy 200% increase ranged on non talent AOE spells. What crap is this? and also i hate they took the speed increase life tap and gave us movement increase at the cost of 5% of our health. Now mages get to put down totems hat increase their spell dmg by 15%???? zomg fires gonna but at the top of WOL again for EVERY fight. ugh its so hard being a warlock sometimes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
New mannoroth Fury's is awesome.
New archimonde too.
New Sacrifical Pact is like... Ice barrier Big and Bad brother. (try that..in cataclysm> Warlock 130k hp ..pet 105k ...50k x300% = 150k shield )

Ok burning rush is crap now...maybe a 75% 100% effect and 5% hp /s

and OMG, the new skills... Metamorphosis: Cursed Auras (Passive) is my dream *-*

and Demonic Gateway is awesome the way it is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
02/15/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Wickyslock
d gave us some crappy 200% increase ranged on non talent AOE spells.

Lol are you nuts? I already see one HUGE advantage this talent has as destruction. As destruction, Rain of Fire no longer needs to be channeled and if someone takes damage from Rain of Fire twice, they are stunned for 2 seconds.

And how can you complain about the new burning rush? Its an on demand speed increase with no cooldown. Honesty, how long do you plan on having it up for before you turn it off? Having to life tap for %15 of your health every time you need that speed buff is a little overkill.

Oh yea btw, we get a fourth dot now and shadow priests lost a dot. Affliction will truely be the dot class/spec now :)
Edited by Plutô on 2/15/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
02/15/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Plutô
Lol are you nuts? I already see one HUGE advantage this talent has as destruction. As destruction, Rain of Fire no longer needs to be channeled and if someone takes damage from Rain of Fire twice, they are stunned for 2 seconds

i guess thats ok for people fighting around AB flags but i do not see it doing a whole lot in arena's and i guess it could be cool in PVE but i personally would like the constant splash damage that the old Talent provided.

02/15/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Plutô
And how can you complain about the new burning rush? Its an on demand speed increase with no cooldown. Honesty, how long do you plan on having it up for before you turn it off? Having to life tap for %15 of your health every time you need that speed buff is a little overkill.

I guess i can see that; me personally I am a PVE lock b4 a PVP so i see using lifetap during running situations such as Yorsage when the oozes spawn(so i get mana back while getting to the destination faster which =moar deeps). Also because in heroic fights everyone should try to conserve the heals mana by using Damage reducing cooldowns and even though lifetap is hypocritical locks need to do it to keep damaging. just my opinion.

02/15/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Malacath
New archimonde too.

I can see this being a auctually big dps boost for PVE IF it works on passive damage done by bosses such as Yorsage's red phase.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Spell drain gone...bleh
Burning rush now crap
Harvest life nerfed
Dark bargain - cooldown way too long
Edited by Zÿlos on 2/15/2012 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Malady is learned at level 3 for all three specs, and corruption is learned at level 12.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Everything for every class looks absurdly amazing and you are complaining? I guess there is no pleasing some people.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Spell drain gone...bleh
Burning rush now crap
Harvest life nerfed

I thought Harvest Life was at 2% heal instead of 4% per-update.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
NVM!
Edited by Vwojic on 2/15/2012 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Spell drain gone...bleh
Burning rush now crap
Harvest life nerfed

I think he means that HoL doesn't benefit from Empowered Channeling (at least the updated tooltip doesn't say it does). Still, double healing is worth it.

Also if the range was nerfed, it doesn't matter; 15yards is plenty when everything is huddled around you to begin with. You know, drain tanking?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Harvest of life used to read 2% healing per target...now its a flat 4% always.

One could argue that it is a negligible change under most circumstances...
Personally I'm dissapointed that there seems to be more ways to damage yourself than there are to heal yourself.
Edited by Zÿlos on 2/15/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
02/15/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Zÿlos
Harvest of life used to read 2% healing per target...now its a flat 4% always

Ah, damn, you're right. Didn't notice that part.

4% healing per sec for 6 sec regardless of how many enemies you're draining.

Another thing: HoL deals a lot less damage than Drain Life. DL tooltip says 391 per sec while HoL says 107 per sec.
Edited by Rezara on 2/15/2012 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The addition of the new dot Malady for the whole class does intrigue me. In the case of Destro, at level 12 Malady is replaced by Immolate. That does make sense to replace a shadow dot with a fire dot since Destro is a fire spec.

However, in both Affliic and Demo there is no such transformation for Malady into another spell at level 12. Both specs do have the addition of Corruption at that level though. I would love to see another dot added to affliction's spellbook, but I'm hoping they don't mimic what's going on in the Destro tree and have Malady change into Corr once that level is reached. I would be ok with it happening in Demo since that spec should be more about demon damage and not having 3 dots to deal with.

On a different topic, I really like the addition of Unbound Will. Finally a way for Locks to remove stuns. 25% hp does sound a little harsh, but depending how pvp damage shakes out it could be the lesser of two evils.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
02/15/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Alphons

It was 2% per target being drained
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Affliction's up to 4 dots and a very fitting new channel effect then... just 1-2 more dots and I might actually try playing it again ^_^

...Ok so that was a bold-faced lie. Demonology's just too amazing, I don't know if I'll be able to give it up (especially if MELEE FUNTIMES come true)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I don't like how demo plays now and being forced to melee seems like an even worse route to go, not a fan of it at all.

The extra dot has a 2 second cast time which is way too long considering how much weaker it is than the other dots.

Things are subject to change and I really hope they do because before these changes I was excited about lock, now not as much.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
So the way Soul Link is worded, if you crowd control the demon warlock will take 20%+ more damage, and if you break the demon out warlock will take 20%+ less healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Am I the only one who is sitting here horribly upset that Wild Imps is out? After so long of being summoners- masters of demons- we would finally be able to summon a minimum of 2 imps at a time, increased by demonic fury, who generate demonic fury without sacrificing our other summons. Suddenly it is gone and nobody is upset? That would have made us feel like *real* masters of demon armies instead of "summon one pet and maybe one more on a cooldown".
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/15/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Felanias
Am I the only one who is sitting here horribly upset that Wild Imps is out? After so long of being summoners- masters of demons- we would finally be able to summon a minimum of 2 imps at a time, increased by demonic fury, who generate demonic fury without sacrificing our other summons. Suddenly it is gone and nobody is upset? That would have made us feel like *real* masters of demon armies instead of "summon one pet and maybe one more on a cooldown".

I feel sad. I was looking foreward to that spell more than the new demonic frenzy mechanic and perma meta..I would love to have an army of imps firebolting the enemy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
02/15/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Wrensh
Everything for every class looks absurdly amazing and you are complaining? I guess there is no pleasing some people.

WHAT the Hell?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]