New MOP Talents

100 Human Warlock
as supreme over-lords of MOP lets do a deal... lets limit our infinit power and act lame...and ask for buffs and pretend we are nerfed as a way of escape from the Huge Spirit Nerf bomb that Blizz will trow at us.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
lol stop complaing about mans fury and look at kil jaiden crap and archimonde garbage
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Does anyone else absolutely NOT get the point of "Demonic Tactics (Passive)"?

When I first noticed that new one, I was looking at Demonology. I thought "Well, I wish it made Puppy and Guard smarter too, but I guess now we have a mild reason to use other pets, if they are sufficiently enhanced..."

Then I noticed it wasn't a spec ability, but a class one.

So.... What class is getting the dumb versions of these pets then? Was there a point to not just improving the AI across the board? We get this at level 1, we get this in all specs... we will NEVER see stupid versions....
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
02/15/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Malacath
New mannoroth Fury's is awesome.

I'm sorry, but what talent are you looking at? The new MF has a grand total of like 3 applications. Oh and just imagine the obnoxiously large RoF spell effect and cringe.

02/15/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Plutô
Lol are you nuts? I already see one HUGE advantage this talent has as destruction. As destruction, Rain of Fire no longer needs to be channeled and if someone takes damage from Rain of Fire twice, they are stunned for 2 seconds.

The new MF is nearly impossible to defend. It has very few niche uses, but aside from that it is hardly worthy of a lvl 90 talent.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
This is by far an amazing talent. By far.

agreed, It makes me want to play demonology. GOD will that be fun.

Sorry but there is no way that the new MF can be considered amazing, or even good. It has some very niche uses.

In PvE, mobs will almost always be stacked up, making this talent essentially a waste. Oh and if you start AoE'ing before they are stacked up, be prepared to be a dead Warlock with an angry tank and pissed off healers.

Its uses in PvP are even more limited, so please give me one reason this talent should be a lvel 90 talent for every single Warlock spec?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I think the new talents for the warlock are utterly useless compared to other classes and disspointing as always. I also do not like how nearly every talent that sounds okay has a huge pentalty.. Why do we have to lose huge % of our life when other classes get to do it pentaly free? so if we want to break a stun from a rouge we will have to blow % of our life? just so they can re stun us and kill us quicker not like we have terrible serviviability these days already... also I dont like how we lose Death Coil and get a talent spec instead, its like one of the best skills for the lock and now we have to waste a talent on it just seems extremely lazy to me when the skill should of just been altered. I feel all of these talents are not all that useful other then the level 75 tree, none of the talents really give us any new abilities or cool new features that pop out and make me say "That is awesome". I look through other talent trees and all the other classes seem to get major changes and major buffs to there class in the upper talent trees and ours just seems kind of blah just like it has been for years.. Of course we wont know tell MOP but as it stands now the class is dying, seems like i hardly see the class anymore, never play with any in the raids, no one in my guild plays one activly and looking at these changes in MOP i see nothing really makes excited for my class. I do like some of the skill changes for the lock itself but i do not like the 88 skill, Demonic Door.. really? do we really need another portal skill? i guess it could be cool in arenas i guess.. if there was another skill at 90 I wouldnt care so much but that is our only big skill from 85-90 i am not impressed.
Edited by Sheara on 2/19/2012 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
My reaction is totally the opposite. Demonology and Destruction are getting huge overhauls, cutting out all the garbage that shouldn't be in the their rotations while replacing them with new toys that mesh much better with the theme and mechanics of both specs.

I'm really pumped about the changes that are in the works as of now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
meh this post is about the crappy talents blizzard is giving us not the skill over hauls.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/19/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Sheara
I think the new talents for the warlock are utterly useless compared to other classes and disspointing as always. I also do not like how nearly every talent that sounds okay has a huge pentalty.. Why do we have to lose huge % of our life when other classes get to do it pentaly free? so if we want to break a stun from a rouge we will have to blow % of our life? just so they can re stun us and kill us quicker not like we have terrible serviviability these days already... also I dont like how we lose Death Coil and get a talent spec instead, its like one of the best skills for the lock and now we have to waste a talent on it just seems extremely lazy to me when the skill should of just been altered. I feel all of these talents are not all that useful other then the level 75 tree, none of the talents really give us any new abilities or cool new features that pop out and make me say "That is awesome". I look through other talent trees and all the other classes seem to get major changes and major buffs to there class in the upper talent trees and ours just seems kind of blah just like it has been for years.. Of course we wont know tell MOP but as it stands now the class is dying, seems like i hardly see the class anymore, never play with any in the raids, no one in my guild plays one activly and looking at these changes in MOP i see nothing really makes excited for my class. I do like some of the skill changes for the lock itself but i do not like the 88 skill, Demonic Door.. really? do we really need another portal skill? i guess it could be cool in arenas i guess.. if there was another skill at 90 I wouldnt care so much but that is our only big skill from 85-90 i am not impressed.

Other classes might get flashy awesome talents to see as new stuff, but we got 2 of our specs COMPLETELY overhauled. We have 90 levels worth of SKILLS to drool over. Not so terrible if our talents are semi-lackluster (though I would prefer to have them all make me drop jaw)
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Warlock
Can someone explain to me why talents cost health instead of mana?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Only speaking on Demonology, because that's all I care about, lol.

People crying about Demonology getting gimped, or why 90 talents suck...

It almost sounds like a lot of you intentionally overlooked "Nether Plating." Are you aware that Warlocks can likely hit Armor cap now? Do you even know what that means? Half duration on stuns and roots? Haha, man you're a bunch of babies.

A lot of you say Kiljaedan's Cunning sucks? Seriously? Take Harvest Life, Blood Fear, teleport, and run while you heal 4%? Grimoire of Sacrifice gives add'l 30% atk and 30% health for 15 sec, then add'l 15% atk and 15% health throughout for 15 min. Add Fel Armor, 390-403 PVP gear, and GS, that's roughly 180-200k HP. Draining 4% per second while the other guy is feared means you'll recover a crap ton of HP WHILE RUNNING away. Roughly, that's like 40k+ HP back in 6 seconds.

Or if not Harvest Life, Soul Leech. Consider also the Demonic Fury + Meta bonus + mastery bonus + trinket 2200+ int (or double if you're human) and use Shadowbolt/Slash as instant while in meta, recovering however much?

How is this gimp? This is infinitely better than the model now.
Reply Quote
3 Blood Elf Paladin
02/24/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Frøya
It almost sounds like a lot of you intentionally overlooked "Nether Plating." Are you aware that Warlocks can likely hit Armor cap now?

Demo locks already have the exact same thing in demon form. And it does not hit armor cap (about 70%)

02/24/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Frøya
Draining 4% per second while the other guy is feared means you'll recover a crap ton of HP WHILE RUNNING away

If your running the time between ticks is double, thus 4% every 2 seconds.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/15/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Zÿlos
I'm dissapointed that there seems to be more ways to damage yourself than there are to heal yourself.

@ advocates of mannoroth's fury, in what way is the new mannoroth's fury...good? I know I won't be speccing there.

And why is everyone talking about harvest life? Isn't it going to be removed in MoP? Please tell me we have it back.
Edited by Eversca on 2/25/2012 3:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
@Holybubble: You can definitely enchant some of your gear with armor to get it near there, or very close.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]