Shiv Changes

85 Night Elf Rogue
I foresee a lot of weapon swapping, or deadly brew being mandatory in pvp.

I was really hoping not too see cookie cutter pvp spec's again as cippling will always be mandatory in pvp, at least in my opinion.

Since poisons will be aura-like in Mists, weapon swapping won't help. You'll have to cast a new poison whenever you want to use it. Otherwise, yeah, it would've been hardcore. Like T9/T10 x1000.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
The new Shiv will apply concentrated effects of the active utility poison. Those effects are not included in the poison tooltips currently available on the calculator, but here are the current versions:

• Crippling Poison – Reduces the target’s speed by 70% for 12 seconds.
  • Mind-Numbing Poison – Increases the casting time of an enemy's next spellcast within 8 seconds by 100%.
  • Wound Poison – Reduces the target’s healing received by 50% for 6 seconds.
  • Leeching Poison – Instantly restores 5% of the Rogue’s health.
  • Paralytic Poison – Roots the target in place for 4 seconds.

In before "Blues do read this forum"!

"Blues glance at the forums not really actually reading the OP, yet throwing out blue answers". Fixed it for you

A simple analogy, kid asks "Whats a home run pop?". Dad says "Not very man people get grand slams, there ya go kid now go buy yourself a soda". Kid walks away wondering what the !@#$ his dad just said because it had only the slightest little bit to do with the question he actually asked.
Edited by Roonic on 2/22/2012 2:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
He did take the time to answer some pertinent questions, which was nice to see.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
02/16/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We want rogue PvE damage to remain top-tier

Why? Why is a rogue being singled out as you wanting them to be top tier?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
No one was singled out by that statement. Hell, the statement doesn't actually indicate much at all, except that they would like Rogues to remain in the top-tier of damage, which can and has been occupied by a number of classes.
Edited by Real on 2/22/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
Pretty sure that, if Daxxarri had intended to say, "We want *only* rogue PvE damage to remain top-tier," he would have done so, Celdor. :)

He was responding to specific concerns from rogues about their DPS potential. Other classes were irrelevant to that conversation. But look, you don't need me to say that -- Daxxarri said it himself, just a bit above the tiny snippet of one post that you quoted:

02/16/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We love all our adventuring childrens and we have no favorites (this means you, reader who plays another class who is currently considering re-posting this thread in another class forum while claiming that Blizzard loves rogues best because they got a blue post here.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
[quote]One of the things that made Mace stun so vicious is that it simply happened. You could make brief contact with an enemy and get a lucky, sometimes clutch, proc.

I find it funny that this is exactly the case with the mages atm. With Blazzing Speed, you hit them ONCE and they run away, removing ALL movement penalties with NO internal CD on it. Which means that you hit them once, they run, you finally catch up (use of shadow step for exemple), procs again so the mage keep running. Rince/repeat.

Thank you for noticing yourself the problem we are experiencing as non-mage players.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
So what happens now with us rogues in PvP if we cant have both prep and shadowstep? The way the talents are now, we are going to lose all mobility and that is going to make me quit playing the game come MoP. I personally would rather drop Prep in favor of Shadowstep. IMO, swap out combat readiness in the second tier and replace it with either prep or shadowstep because no one in their right mind is going to take combat readiness over nerve strike.

I do realize this is a shiv related thread but i figured since a blue has been posting in here he is still probably keeping an eye on this thread and I will most likely have a better chance at getting an answer over making a new thread.

My apologies for the derailment.
Edited by Sícarius on 2/25/2012 2:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Wound Poison – Reduces the target’s healing received by 50% for 6 seconds.

Back to 50% eh?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/25/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Kedxo
Wound Poison – Reduces the target’s healing received by 50% for 6 seconds.

Back to 50% eh?

Only when you use Shiv to apply it and only for 6 seconds. The "passive" application of wound will only be the 25% reduction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]