Shiv Changes

90 Blood Elf Rogue
If that poison stun DR is really kept separate through out MoP then this talent would be very valuable, but I don't see it happening. It's like Mace spec proc back in TBC; it was just too much to handle for any class.

I don't expect this change to go through at all. Random stun on top of stun on demand? yeah blizzard will never hear the end of how OP rogues are.

Don't forget, you can not use Crippling Poison with it.
So, you basically don't have a snare. That's a pretty big trade off!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I think CC going through Vanish was intended. o.o
I remember them saying they did want it to negate effects. Just guarantee stealth.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
espite the title of the thread (which I will callously change), we're interested in player feedback on the shiv change as a whole, though.

So what do you think?

OMG, NERF US. WE EVEN HAVE BLUE POSTS NOW!
K all happiness aside and back on topic, I think the new shiv is awesome. I always floated the idea of having a rogue root... and was a fan of Mace RNG gibbing as warrior, back in the day... (not so much of being on the other end of the blunt weapon, though).

Now I get 2 of my favourite things in a class i love. I'm loving that part...

Sad thing is I'm not too pumped about the 90 talents or the ShS/Prep decision, but I guess i'll have time to think about it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
1, Will Shroud of concealment make a flag carrier drop the flag if affected?

2, Would Combo point built up from HaT be used for "anticipation" points or is it literal with the wording "from attacks"?

3, It seems Feint no longer has a CD, is this just a typo or intended? If intended how would this work with the Elusiveness talent to avoid abuse?

4, will Shadow Walk allow Rogues to stay hidden in a Hunter's Flare? or allow us to stay undetected from a player using Catseye potions? or other similar effects?

5, not a question but thanks to bliz for posting an update for Rogues, and to you for posting in the Rogue Forums to address our concerns.

Edit, removed a bad question.
Edited by Odeson on 2/16/2012 12:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
1, Will Shroud of concealment make a flag carrier drop the flag if affected?

2, Would Combo point built up from HaT be used for "anticipation" points or is it literal with the wording "from attacks"?

3, It seems Feint no longer has a CD, is this just a typo or intended? If intended how would this work with the Elusiveness talent to avoid abuse?

4, will Shadow Walk allow Rogues to stay hidden in a Hunter's Flare? or allow us to stay undetected from a player using Catseye potions? or other similar effects?

5, what's with the Silence removal from Garrote?

6, not a question but thanks to bliz for posting an update for Rogues, and to you for posting in the Rogue Forums to address our concerns.

I'm having catastrophic personal difficulties relating any of these questions to Shiv. :s

Might be me. Need sleep!
Edited by Verelyse on 2/15/2012 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Hi, Daxx. Will we be able to apply two different poisons to each hand (one lethal, one non-lethal)?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
02/15/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Odeson
5, what's with the Silence removal from Garrote?
It says it silences for 3sec when I look at it. Maybe you should look again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
That's idea of it. Main hand is going to be your damage dealing poison. Off hand is going to be your utility poison. From the sound of the shiv change though, we're either going to have wound or crippling, and not both. Making both damaging poisons only Deadly and Instant, unless we get something else.

I think it's a cool change though. I wanted this to happen to Shiv. It's like the classic Chimera shot from Marksmen hunters. Adds more choices and ideas.

If only they didn't condone weapon swapping, then we could have off hands for each poison and switch them on the fly for every situation but I don't see that happening ever.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/15/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Vîc
Hi, Daxx. Will we be able to apply two different poisons to each hand (one lethal, one non-lethal)?

It's one of each type, period, Vic. (Just like how we can only have one battle elixir and one guardian elixir active at a time.) The tooltip states that the poison coats both weapons, though exactly what that means for the chance to apply poisons (i.e., whether it acts as though each poison is applied to each weapon separately) hasn't been clarified yet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/15/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Jadefang
That's idea of it. Main hand is going to be your damage dealing poison. Off hand is going to be your utility poison.

It doesn't look like it; the tooltips indicate that poisons are almost like personal auras, applying to both weapons simultaneously.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
huh Just noticed that it was weapons and not weapon. That's odd though, could of sworn I read somewhere they want us to have two, then again, changes are happening.

Would be a lot less interesting though, not that poisons really are in the first place for now.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/15/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Timat
Hi, I'm Kelensan energy capping is obviously a huge problem for combat now, why not have a talent that makes it work much like ferocious bite?

Also, I'll try to drop back this thread tomorrow with some answers to a few on-topic questions that have already been asked.

Evis is a rogue ability therefore ontopic r u dumb?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The topic of this thread is the changes to Shiv, Kelensan.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/15/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Kelensan

Evis is a rogue ability therefore ontopic r u dumb?

02/15/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Rfeann
The topic of this thread is the changes to Shiv, Kelensan.

r u dumb?

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Daxxarri's in ur thred, killing ur topix
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/15/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
So what do you think?

The Shiv changes aren't too shabby, but I do have a concern. With the changes to poisons and Shiv, we're gaining an on-command Root, as well as a new RNG Stun on a separate DR. Combined with the new Shuriken ranged attack and re-introduced Deadly Throw interrupt, we are gaining significant control, even at range. Can you explain the thought process behind the apparent tradeoff of buffing our control at the cost of what seems to be a mobility nerf in regards to the Shadowstep / Preparation tier?

edit: This might be too off-topic, so I started a new thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4063168381

02/15/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Daxxarri
In before "Blues do read this forum"!

It only took three days after we pondered the loss of our iconic Shuriken for you guys to reassure us by keeping them alive in the new level 90 tier talents.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4044506920#8
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#cb!

We always knew you loved us.
Edited by Tantojutsu on 2/15/2012 10:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]