Shiv Changes

90 Night Elf Rogue
02/16/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Daxxarri
That said, switching poisons isn't necessarily impossible in the heat of combat -- the cast time on swapping will be fairly short.

O.o
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/16/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I have to chuckle because I recall the days of entire threads dedicated to the question of why "Blizz" hates rogues and *vanish* OMGSPIDERS /\/\(;..;)/\/\.

/guilty
/shameface

Sooooo… Does this mean that rogue damage might go up if we lose some control/mobility/survivability?
We want rogue PvE damage to remain top-tier. But yes, if rogues end up with less control or mobility or survivability, and they have to choose among those areas, then that allows us to safely improve their damage potential in PvP while keeping the class balanced overall.

That's a nice bit of reassurance, so thank you. And thank you for taking the time to respond to us in such detail. We shall never forget these past two days. Stories will be passed down through generations of future Rogues, telling of the time the almighty Daxxarri willingly exposed the collective Blizzard brain to our prods and pokes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In before "well timed paralytic poison, bro!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Q. Under the proposed system, it looks like it won’t be possible to take both Paralytic and Leeching Poison. Will we have to have to choose between Paralytic and Crippling?

You can take both Paralytic and Leeching, but you'll be able to actively make use of one at a time. That said, switching poisons isn't necessarily impossible in the heat of combat -- the cast time on swapping will be fairly short. That said, we're taking a look at the decision involved in the current placement of the different Poison-related talents, and that's something we may reevaluate. Still early days yet – and that applies to everything in this list.

I get what you are saying here but....

Say I take leeching poison

Why would I want to take para poison? Afterall if I am using leeching I cant make use of para...

And if I am in a situation where I need para wouldnt I just switch specs to take it and pick CD or Elusivness instead of leeching...since I will be using para.

The only thing I see working against this is your comment on possible poison changing in combat...but I guess you cant elaborate on that further....

or could you.....?
Edited by Timat on 2/16/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Seriously, this was so much information about our class at one time, I... hardly know where to... <hyperventilates>

If 1.4 daggers are going dodo, Daxxarri, what does that mean for existing loot tables, heirlooms and the leveling process? Will 1.4s be removed from the game entirely, or "adjusted" to be balanced 1.8s to help ensure that dual-dagger-wielding rogues aren't starving for weaponry as they level up? What impact is there likely to be on future dagger drop rates or dagger options, particularly if monks end up finding these things useful as well?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
02/16/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We always knew you loved us.

I have to chuckle because I recall the days of entire threads dedicated to the question of why "Blizz" hates rogues and *vanish* OMGSPIDERS /\/\(;..;)/\/\.

I feel the need to correct your spider legs, try this /X\(;.;)/X\, I feel it to be more accurate, thank me anytime!
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
The only thing I see working against this is your comment on possible poison changing in combat...but I guess you cant elaborate on that further....

or could you.....?

You can change poisons in combat currently, that won't be changing for panda land.

Say you have para on, but think leeching would be better at this exact moment, just swap 'em out.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/16/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Mikkia
I feel the need to correct your spider legs, try this /X\(;.;)/X\, I feel it to be more accurate, thank me anytime!

Hey, there were a lot of different spiders floating around at the time, though I concede that your version was amongst the most common.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

or could you.....?

You can change poisons in combat currently, that won't be changing for panda land.

Say you have para on, but think leeching would be better at this exact moment, just swap 'em out.

If I tried that currently in the heat of combat...well it wouldnt turn out so good.

My thing is I am trying to think of a reason to take both leeching and para since as I said above if I take one but find I need the other...why wouldnt I just switch my entire spec and pick the poison I need (say leeching) and pick another talent from the one I dont (say Deadly Brew).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
If OHs are going to be 1.8, is Combat Potency being a little bit nerfed?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I really think rogues need more stuns on different DRs...........
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
while Combat will use a 2.6 main hand and a 1.8 offhand dagger.

/sigh.... What exactly is the reason for this? Why can't we have off-hand mace/axe/swords like we did before Cataclysm?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
A blue in the rogue forum?! GET THE NETS!
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Thanks for the answers, Daxx!

I think I'm beginning to see Blizzard's vision of the rogue of the future. And I like it.
Edited by Vîc on 2/16/2012 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/16/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Xada
A blue in the rogue forum?! GET THE NETS!

Little does he know we have him surrounded. There is no escape Daxxarri, you are now eternally and exclusively the Blizzard Rogue representative. And don't try any of that fancy "magic" to escape, all the exits are blocked off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/16/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Spongeballs
/sigh.... What exactly is the reason for this? Why can't we have off-hand mace/axe/swords like we did before Cataclysm?

Poison mechanics are still poison mechanics. :) You did read this part, right -- the one right below the point about weapon speeds?

we do know that a lot of Combat rogues want to at least have the appearance of dual wielding swords/axes/maces. There are a lot of hurdles, but maybe we’ll find a good way to deliver on that. No promises though! So, again, don’t get your hopes up too high.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue

Loot tables, mainly. One of Blizzard's goals of Cataclysm was to trim out a lot of fat. Misc spells, abilities, loot, etc. If only one spec of one class (which happens to also be the least played class) finds a use out of a 1.8/1.4 speed Axe/Sword/Etc, then it's not the best use of a loot slot. Of course, there's a number of alternatives to the simple loot tables we have atm, but none that are likely to be implemented.
Edited by Real on 2/16/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Is this the thread where we ask Daxx rogue questions? Because I have one.

Instant Poison: What's this for? It's just Deadly Poison without the DoT, isn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
02/16/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Rfeann
You did read this part, right -- the one right below the point about weapon speeds?

Oh, lol. I guess i missed that. Thanks!

Edited by Spongeballs on 2/16/2012 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]