Curse.com redirect issue?

90 Draenei Mage
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but i'll ask anyway.

I've been trying to get onto Curse.com for the past week 1/2 and every time i do this message pops up.

"This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at http://www.curse.com/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects."

I've deleted all my cookies, allowed cookies from curse and all that but nothing is allowing me onto the site. i was even having issues with the curse client every time i turned my computer on. can someone please help?
Reply Quote
76 Tauren Death Knight
same thing for me, ive done both, tried different browsers, nothing works. im so confused :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
same problem here when I use Chrome...
Firefox can do it...
Chrome + proxie website can do it...
Chrome + run as administrator or using the hidden administrator account CAN'T...

Cleaned cache, cookies, whatever and did not solve...
Updated java, nothing...
Reinstalled Chrome, nothing...

looks like "www.curse.com/addons/wow" and "www.curse.com" sends you to "http://auth.curse.com/NetworkService.asmx/shareSession?from=http://www.curse.com"
that sends u back to the auth.curse thing and there is the redirect loop =/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
So I installed firefox and downloaded the client. but it still won't let me do anything on chrome.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I was having the same issue with safari. I was able to download curse in firefox.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I too had this problem until an hour ago when I tried this and it worked.

Step 1: Right click on your time on the Windows Taskbar and select "Adjust date/time".
Step 2: Click on "Internet Time"
Step 3: Click on "change settings" and make sure it's set to "time.windows.com" and then press "Update Now".
Step 4: Manually adjust the date of your calendar to today's date and adjust the time to todays time and make sure the time zone is correctly set to your regions time zone.
Step 5: Close Chrome and re-open it and try to load the webpage that was having the issue.
Edited by Piffix on 3/3/2012 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Each time i go there i get a error message. And each time i click on something there. a error message pops up. and i think it close out my Avg toolbar too.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Is there another way to get mass guild invite without going to the curse.com because of redirection?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior

Step 1: Right click on your time on the Windows Taskbar and select "Adjust date/time".
Step 3: Click on "change settings" and make sure it's set to "time.windows.com" and then press "Update Now".
Step 4: Manually adjust the date of your calendar to today's date and adjust the time to todays time and make sure the time zone is correctly set to your regions time zone.
Step 5: Close Chrome and re-open it and try to load the webpage that was having the issue.

when i read this i first thought wtf how would this help, but i tried it and it worked, thanks!
Reply Quote
This "too many redirects bug" is caused by your computer's time being slightly off the first time you visit curse.com

Use the "internet time" option to force a sync to internet time servers and the problem goes away.
Reply Quote

Thank You!!!!
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight

Can't thank you enough. Been playing without add-ons for weeks now. Not fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tried your method and I was surprised to find that it worked! Thank you!
Reply Quote
wow i thought u were trolling everyone but that actually worked i actually alrdy had the client downloaded cause i had to get it from a friend emailing it to me but that made the site start working again idk how you figured that out but your one smart cookie
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Omg yeah... it works
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid

Wow! I was highly skeptical that this would actually work, and despite the numerous comments praising you I was amazed when this did, in fact, work. How in the hell did someone figure out to do this? Glad they did!

Thanks very much!
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
i barely skimmed through the first 2 steps and thought this was troll status. tried it and it fixed it. genius!

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

[/quote]

I'm literally sitting here laughing out loud at how asininely easy of a fix this was. I was sitting here scouring the interwebs for a good 3 hours prior to finding this, and 3 minutes after I found this thread... boom, done and fixed. Thank you, whatever Internet Wizard figured this out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]