Edited by Athsgirl on 2/17/2012 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Such a baddie.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
02/16/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Athsgirl
I got carried.

Your gemming is so random, 4 different types of gems and it seems like you arbitrarily go for socket bonuses. Get some direction in your life.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
With my normal gear I try to get all the socket bonuses. Ideally for heroic madness the best set up for a dk is to pick up all the mastery socket bonuses and gem stamina in everything else, due to the 20% health buff. Also I don't have enough heroic gear, so I still need a bit avoidance, just need to maintain about 30% avoidance so I could eat the third platform impale with AOTD and DRW.

And with BiS gear gemming pure stamina and picking up the mastery bonuses is ideal anyways. So all my heroic gear have either pure stamina gems in them or the mastery socket bonus is achieved, just to save me some time in the future.
Edited by Athsgirl on 2/17/2012 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Definitely carried. Largely by me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
02/17/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Blutrünstig

Thanks man.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Squeakycat saves the day imo. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I didn't do !@#$!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/16/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Mancake
I got carried.

Your gemming is so random, 4 different types of gems and it seems like you arbitrarily go for socket bonuses. Get some direction in your life.

Really? Gonna try to talk !@#$ on someone who solo tanked heroic madness? And how is your progression good sir?? hmmm?????

02/17/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Blutrünstig

Blut carried us so hard he stood in parasite explosion and died, just cause he knew he could do it and still carry us to victory....yeah that's it....

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Did I ever mention how hard that fight was to tank? Not because of the mechanics of the fight, but how the timer of blood shield is. It requires me to watch and use my runes like a hawk. If I hit my Deathstrike too early before running to the corruption, or jumping between platforms then my shield will drop. Not only that I also have to make sure my next set of runes will be up to maintain threat on the Corruption and maintain my current blood shield. Oh not to mention when the bloods spawn, I have to save a unholy or death rune for that, which pretty much ruins my entire survivability, which is expected. I also have to waste all those globals to maintain threat on the bloods rather then spamming death strike on the corruption to heal myself up. Which risks my survivability and I pretty much have to chain all my minor cooldowns, in order to survive. Thankfully the cardboard assassin has some use for once in it's miserable life in a raid fight and actually takes on the bloods, if it can actually hold them for at least three seconds, I could pop anti and actually drop my stacks, but it's all about chance, Fuuuu RNG. At least phase two is pretty easy for me, I just have to mash buttons and press cooldowns, sucks to be a healer.

I hate my nine second long blood shield.

At least now that I've finally killed an end tier heroic boss for the first time in my pathetic life, I'm actually going to do stupid things. Like after finishing with my current Tank set I will be starting a new tank set that will be gemmed purely of strength with hit/exp cap and prioterizing my stats like this: Haste > crit > Dodge > Parry > Mastery. To cheeze out some number one ranks. I only have to do 49k on heroic ultraxion, how hard could that be? Go go Dancing Runic weapon. It would probably be good for Heroic ult/morch/yor'sahj possibly Hagara, once the nerf gets ridicule I may be able to use it for almost all the fights.

I should clarify this, I will be only getting four piece t13, the rest will be dps gear just to cheese out some extra secondary stats.
Edited by Athsgirl on 2/17/2012 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Haters gonna hate.

Bag of Popcorn
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Large wall of text! BLAH BLAH!

Which I actually read and found quite informative. You sir, are the man.
Edited by Sidohx on 2/17/2012 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
02/17/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Sidohx
Large wall of text! BLAH BLAH!

Which I actually read and found quite informative. You sir, are the man.

Thanks, the major issue is just mainly the nine second blood shield coinciding with my runes coming off Cooldown, if they made it ten seconds long, it would make a world of a difference. I should suggest this, but it will probably never go through.

TBH it's not that I hate the blood dk, it is my favorite class after all, and I'm glad that blizz isn't making major changes to my rotation, except the execute thing (The shadow portion better scale with AP. Also, since they are seperating the feral and bear tree, blood dks will be the top single target tank dps in MoP assuming no major changes happen till then). Actually It was just the mechanics in conjuction with the timer of my blood shield. Hopefully MoP mechanics will actually even that out and won't have !@#$ty run here attack this target, run there to the mob approx 10 seconds away and attack him. Thank god for Gorefiends Grasp in MoP (AoE Deathgrip), Op ability right there. I also hope they address the issues of mobility as a blood dk and a prot paladin, as we have slows verses Warrior tanks and there oh so oober charge and as if that wasn't enough they have heroic leap and intervene and bear tanks semi-mediocore charge/skull bash and there movement speed buff. They should just give blood dks and prot paladins a passive 15% increase to run speed. Although to be fair, we have OMG LOL AFK DND DROP ANYWHERE PICK UP ANY ADDS, but yeah.

I like my run on sentences.

Yes I know I type a lot, but I been wanting to post a summary about blood dks and there future for quite a while now. I just haven't decided when; to do it now, or wait till I at least get BiS. So I could prove my theory of the what I'd like to call the "Scaling blood dk effect" as when we get better gear, we get exponentially better survivability wise rather then linear uptake the other three tanks, making blood dks (assuming if you play it right) the best tank this tier Survivabilitiy wise. I'd also like to talk about dps, although it's pretty much all theory and how they have done a wonderful job of making both these specs almost perfectly even on dps, but failed to balance out 2h frost with dw frost. Also would like to point out that the only reason why unholy is subpar to frost in some fights is due to mechanics.
Edited by Athsgirl on 2/17/2012 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Holy !@#$ Ath someone struck a nerve with you didn't they? ROFL don't worry bro you're pro keep it up lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/16/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Athsgirl
I got carried.

Stopped reading here
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
lol.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Edited by Athsgirl on 2/20/2012 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
CHUGS WOULD BE PROUD GUYS
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/23/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Holyavenger
CHUGS WOULD BE PROUD GUYS

I hope that guy drowns in a pool of his own urine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I dont know how happy you guys are with 10 man, but we are pretty much sick of it. We did not have a resto shaman, and let me tell you doing spine without a resto shaman was not fun.
We are also tired of getting !@#$ty lewt in 10 man.

If you are seriously interested into going to 25 man for MoP, maybe a merge could be possible? We are currently looking for another strong 10 man to merge with for 25 in MoP!
Hit us up!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]