DPS: Arms or Fury

85 Human Warrior
Not long ago swapped from fury to arms cause a guildie swore to me that arms was putting out better dps and it did, now im hearing alot about fury warriors again.
I raid....

Whats the way of the warrior?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Arms is doing more damage
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
You can do fine as Fury though, if you're not pushing the DPS check on HMs play what you like.

At normal DS levels, DPS is going to be more dictated by your skill at the rotation and not the spec. The disparity between Fury/Arms isn't that high.

It's pretty high... I can go into Ultra for LFR and pull around 47k as Arms, but when I go in as Fury I can only pull 41k. Sure, I may be a little rusty at Fury, but still.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Sure, I may be a little rusty at Fury, but still.
:P

I don't think "rust" is going to account for 6k DPS

Regardless, Fury isn't that hard. I could probably pull the numbers up by a thousand or so, but that is still a pretty decent gap.
Edited by Ochron on 2/14/2012 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
k thanks for input
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warrior
highest for ultrax in arms i hit 41k and fury highest was like 34k and i thought i did everything perfect with the rotation and all and it was only 34 and in the arms spec i felt like i clipped some MS and bad timing on cds and hit 41k couldnt believe it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/25H/Fury_Warrior/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/25H/Arms_Warrior/

yep there is no difference...........
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I would think a sub 10% difference isn't all that much to talk about.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
if the difference is shown in just 40 logs from the top warriors in the world what do you think the difference is gonna be for the vast majority? Its very relevant and thinking its not is just plain ignoring the facts.
Edited by Nighthorror on 2/14/2012 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
The OP DID ask "is fury the place to be."

Therefore, the charts are correct.

There's a lot more to that question though, it is a bit too broad to answer with a "yes" or "no."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
This is funny.. I was going post about arms to see if its worth trying in PvE. Ive been fury since I made this toon. I do notice arms hits higher on the dps in LFR, and as a small raiding guild, I want to bring the best dps I can. Seems like it's more of what u feel more comfortable with at this point.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
with near equal ilevel gear or so:

02/14/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Nubrondan
Seems like it's more of what u feel more comfortable with at this point

raiding as fury before, then arms for regearing, and back to fury before new patch, then arms again for DS progression, may go fury again because i trust my 10man group to bring out the dps and the heals necessary to survive and beat enrage of the boss...

looking at armor sets:
t12 lots of crit and hit, "made for fury" in mind
t13 lots of crit and mastery, "made for arms" especially when fury received that 5 to 10% nerf
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Better off bring what the raid needs I have to go fury really to help the fire mages pull more dps and give the healers better crits. Since no one else in my group as a crit talent.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/14/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Terminusex
Better off bring what the raid needs I have to go fury really to help the fire mages pull more dps and give the healers better crits. Since no one else in my group as a crit talent.

You don't have a Hunter, Bear Tank, or Kitty?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
play which ever spec you like best, that's my theory yo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I find myself more rage starved as Arms, especially if im a little too greedy when trying to weave in more Slams and or Heroic Strikes

You can sometimes throw off the rotation (rhythm) if you decide to use Overpower while incorrectly timing the Mortal Strike Cooldown and stance dancing.

Arms is better but can easy to mess up the perfect rotation in my experience
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
02/14/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Ochron

You don't have a Hunter, Bear Tank, or Kitty?

Or elemental shaman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]