Soul Reaper discussion thread.

90 Orc Death Knight
What irritates me, frankly, is that it's usable prior to 35%. Please make it like execute; I hate trying to figure out if the boss will dip from 42% to 35% in the next 6 seconds -_-

BTW elvui shows hp and %.

NO NO NO

leave it the way it is for PvP purposes

a DK and Warrior target swapping to a player and applying soul reaper is garaunteed death.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Activated Soul Reaper onto warrior, Warrior is going down, spell reflect the activated soul reaper on to me -80k :/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
i was above 80% hp btw
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/27/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Skillcøil
Activated Soul Reaper onto warrior, Warrior is going down, spell reflect the activated soul reaper on to me -80k :/

09/27/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Skillcøil
i was above 80% hp btw

Having the delayed damage component set to an extreme 5 seconds leaves us in position to be screwed in multiple ways. This is another example.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/27/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Ghatok
What irritates me, frankly, is that it's usable prior to 35%. Please make it like execute; I hate trying to figure out if the boss will dip from 42% to 35% in the next 6 seconds -_-

How is this a bad thing?

In PvP it's going to be great. Pop soul reaper as your partner makes a hard switch to your target after you've stacked up a good amount of negative healing via necrotic strike. Get them under the 35% in that amount of time and its a guaranteed kill... You also have the advantage of being able to do full dps to them without needing to waste a global executing in a crucial moment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
If warriors can reflect it, then that will be a pain in the !@#. We will have to learn to save AMS if we are training a warrior to absorb the reflected SR. Or stay on our toes and give them a Death Coil blast when we see SR go off and deal reapers about to proc.

I used this in some bg's last night too. It is absolutely beastly for killing tank specs and healers.
People will learn how to counter it more but as of right now they just aren't expecting it.

I had this hunter I was chasing, got him to about 40% DG'd him popped soul reaper then he disengaged. I just waddled after him while he "LOL DK SUX!"(Not really but im sure he was thinking that. Hunters are like that) Then BOOM 100k to the face.

Same with this guardian Druid sitting at 25% health tanking about 3 people. Soul reaper them necros while it counted down... BOOM!

It's a very DK style ability and suits the class well.

It's also nice to throw onto someone who's getting blown up by 3-4 people just for the haste proc. I reset my runes with it a number of times last night.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
09/28/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Kätämie
I had this hunter I was chasing, got him to about 40% DG'd him popped soul reaper then he disengaged. I just waddled after him while he "LOL DK SUX!"(Not really but im sure he was thinking that. Hunters are like that) Then BOOM 100k to the face.

Enjoyed reading this. So sick of hunters pooping on me :/.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/27/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nurgleturp
We basically get the same thing as everyone else, but we have the inefficient nuisance of waiting 5 seconds for it to activate.

Good players are going to applying it before 35% so it goes off just as they reach 35%.

09/27/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nurgleturp
And don't even get me started how Blizzard "forgot" to make it effected by mastery in Frost.

They didn't forget, they don't want it to be shadowfrost.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Ah yes, keep forgetting pvp.

Wish they'd just break them into literally separate talents, or have them just work differently vs players for everything.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
DRW does a full Soul Reaper copy, not the 50% other abilities do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]