DS Souldrinker Role Bonus To All! No!

90 Human Paladin
Hey guys, i ran a raid finder on fall of deathwing, souldrinker finally dropped and of course, i needed it, as a tank. I didnt win, but i lose to a dps, which is wrong, a ret pally souldnt be able to roll and get a roll bonus, a rogue shouldnt be able to roll and get a bonus, the only people that should get a bonus for that is a tank because it is clearly a tank weapon because of the healing it does. Anyone else agree?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Well isn't it the best DW Frost weapon? Plus tanks get a roll bonus on Gurthalak, for no apparent reason except the potential of DKs tanking with it. Really the whole LFR system needs work, but its the first raid to have it so, it is what it is.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
It's a better DPS weapon than tanks.

The only one who really has no use for it is Ret, everyone else has a viable option with it, Tanks, frost DKs, SMF Warriors.

Rogues can't roll need on str weapons in lfr.

The proc doesn't only heal btw, it does damage, it scales with haste and ability output, which dps have more than tanks. Not to mention it's also the highest dps 1 handed str weapon in the game at each tier it exists.
Edited by Shanzhang on 2/16/2012 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It needs to be able to read the class, which is possible, so dk tanks get a roll bonus on Gurthalak and pally/warr tanks get roll bonus on souldrinker and NOT dps.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Why are there so many threads on this. For one any 378 tank weapon is better than the LFR souldrinker - the LFR version is plain awful, it never procs, your 353 weapon is probably better. Second, it's just as much a dps weapon as it is a tank weapon... why do you feel so entitled.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Rogues aren't allowed to roll need on Souldrinker.

You can give the argument that it's a tank weapon because of the healing, but anyone playing devil's advocate will say that it's also a damaging proc, and the proc frequency is increased with DPS's increased haste/accuracy levels.

It's really a weapon for Frost DKs, SMF Warriors, and Prot Warrior/Paladins. No need to discriminate within that group.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
02/16/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Protpallypvp
It needs to be able to read the class, which is possible, so dk tanks get a roll bonus on Gurthalak and pally/warr tanks get roll bonus on souldrinker and NOT dps.

Role bonus
Role bonus
ROLE Bonus

Spec has absolutely no determination on role, except for a class needs a spec that can perform the role to initially que (ie. Rogues can't be a tank, but Paladins can be all 3 roles)

Spec =/= Role.

150k healing over a 6 min fight isn't worth the stats on the gavel or mandible.
Edited by Shanzhang on 2/16/2012 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/16/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Mancake
Why are there so many threads on this. For one any 378 tank weapon is better than the LFR souldrinker - the LFR version is plain awful, it never procs, your 353 weapon is probably better. Second, it's just as much a dps weapon as it is a tank weapon... why do you feel so entitled.

why in the world would a weapon that heals it for 2.6% hp on hit. no need, hence, tanks need it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Hey guys, i ran a raid finder on fall of deathwing, souldrinker finally dropped and of course, i needed it, as a dps. I didnt win, but i lose to a tank, which is wrong, a prot pally souldnt be able to roll and get a roll bonus, a rogue shouldnt be able to roll and get a bonus, the only people that should get a bonus for that is a dps because it is clearly a dps weapon because of the damage it does. Anyone else agree?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
02/16/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Protpallypvp
why in the world would a weapon that heals it for 2.6% hp on hit. no need, hence, tanks need it.

Because A. It's a proc, not ever swing.
B. It also deals damage based on this proc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/16/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Calii
Hey guys, i ran a raid finder on fall of deathwing, souldrinker finally dropped and of course, i needed it, as a dps. I didnt win, but i lose to a tank, which is wrong, a prot pally souldnt be able to roll and get a roll bonus, a rogue shouldnt be able to roll and get a bonus, the only people that should get a bonus for that is a dps because it is clearly a dps weapon because of the damage it does. Anyone else agree?

wow u troll, why would a frost dk need this, they dont, they can get another weapon, its a tanking weapon solely for the healing, also, the fact that ret pallys can roll is obserd
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
02/16/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Protpallypvp

You realize the LFR version of the weapon has a pitifully low proc rate though making the combat ratings on much lower ilvl weapons better than the proc on the LFR Souldrinker. Also just because the proc has a heal associated with it does not make it a tank weapon - the proc also does damage you know.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
02/16/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Protpallypvp
wow u troll, why would a frost dk need this, they dont, they can get another weapon, its a tanking weapon solely for the healing, also, the fact that ret pallys can roll is obserd

Name better lfr 1 handers for a frost dk or SMF Warrior.

We've already mentioned this, the 378 Tank weapon from WoE is better than souldrinker for tanks.
Edited by Shanzhang on 2/16/2012 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

best in slot for frost DKs. and as others have pointed out, its not for tanks.

also "can get another weapon" is not a reason for someone not to want an item. You can go buy a white sword from a vendor in SW so you shouldn't be able to roll on it.

you are right that ret pallys shouldnt be able to roll on it, but the system only knows 2 things, your class, and your role(tank/dps/heal). Pallys can roll on it because it is a tank weapon, DKs can roll on it becuase its a dps weapon. Ret pallys can roll because its a DPS weapon and since its also a tank weapon they cant restrict paladins.

IT IS NOT ONLY A TANK WEAPON!
Edited by Superbleeder on 2/16/2012 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
46 Gnome Warlock
Souldrinker is BIS frost thats why they need it. The proc damages the oponent and heals them. Its both a tanking weapon(for those that use shields) and a dps weapon.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Oh, how typical. I disagree, so I must be a troll!

Tool.

The proc also does damage, it isn't an ONLY tanking weapon.
Edited by Calii on 2/16/2012 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
1.3%, dude. It heals for a miniscule amount, and the weapon is actually a liability until you can get CTC capped.

Yes, I know I have one, I like to solo TBC heroics, but I also have the fugly Gavel from Twilight Heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
1.3%, dude. It heals for a miniscule amount, and the weapon is actually a liability until you can get CTC capped.

Yes, I know I have one, I like to solo TBC heroics, but I also have the fugly Gavel from Twilight Heroics.

just fyi, read the info b4 u post...its dbl, 2.6% and it adds up
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
02/16/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Protpallypvp

Souldrinker

durpdurpdurp
de
durp
Edited by Shanzhang on 2/16/2012 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Protpallypvp

Is it sad that, and this is a huge generalization made purely for comical purposes, but is it sad that this is probably one of the brightest Paladin players?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]