Love Is In The Air, So Wear A Mask

(Locked)

Also, if this is the thread to air my grievances can I just say that Khadgar/Garona made far more sense than Medivh/Garona? They had much better chemistry in Last Guardian.

Also, Asric/Jadaar OTP 4lyf
85 Tauren Shaman
02/13/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Omacron

Especially after Griftah broke Asric's heart.

EDIT:

Nyorloth, is the Caliginous quadrant fair game or are Ashen and Pale as far as we're going?
Edited by Skytotem on 2/13/2012 1:28 PM PST
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd also like to express that I think that Jaina and Arthas' relationship was my favorite romantic one and I'd love to see how his death impacted Jaina in Tides of War.
32 Undead Warlock
Also, if this is the thread to air my grievances can I just say that Khadgar/Garona made far more sense than Medivh/Garona? They had much better chemistry in Last Guardian.

Holy !@#$ how did I forget Asric/Jadaar. T_________T

ASRIC/JADAAR
DO I EVEN NEED TO POST A REASON
90 Night Elf Hunter
Favorite Pairing: Dalliah the Doomsayer and Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates
Reasoning: Despite the questions it raises about demon relationships, nagging is just funny when it is not happening to you.

Desired Pairing: Gallywix and Sylvanas
Reasoning: AAH! FLAME WAR! Anyway, both individuals seem to be completely focused on looking out for number one. Gallywix was going to sell his employees off as slaves for his own profit like a good goblin, and Edge of Night shows that Sylvanas only thinks of the Forsaken as a shield between her and death. They are both distant from and mistrusted by the "main" Horde too. It would give Gallywix something to do. He might dote on her by helping the RAF or something, on top of him doing anything at all. Is it real or a banshee spell? I doubt Sylvanas can be 'redeemed' at this point, or return any affection, but it would give her a sidekick that is less-bland than emotionless val'kyr and spineless apothecaries. Maybe it would even develop Gallywix's character.
Edited by Pumlaxer on 2/13/2012 1:40 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
Favourite: Turalon/Alleria

Just felt the relationship was well done in the WC2 novelization. Not gonna get into much detail.

Desired: Varian/Jaina

I know this one will be hated by the masses, but I do think that it would make for a fun and interesting pairing. Both care deeply for the Alliance and want peace, but both have differing opinions about how it should be done with Varian wanting war and to beat the orcs outright, and Jaina wanting to try it with non-violence. It would be one of those "opposites attract" deals with Varian being the hot headed warrior who gets Jaina off her rear when it's required, and Jaina can calm Varian down when he gets out of control. If it did happen, Jaina would be the one who deals with the citizens and the every day work of the Alliance, helping out the nearby territories like Westfall, whereas Varian does the dirty work.

Should also note that they're even opposite in leadership. Varian was going to be king one day, no real option, and he doesn't really want it anymore. He wants to get out there and fight. Jaina on the other hand was planning on being a student of Dalaran, and ended up having leadership forced on her, and has fallen into the role rather well.
90 Troll Hunter
Favorite Pairing: Thrall, Vol'jin, and Cairne

These three were surrogate brothers, one of the main reasons the Horde was able to stick together and was the strongest of the Orc-Troll-Tauren bond that the original Horde had going for it. With Garrosh in power, those bonds have been shaken, and I would, personally, love to see, one, how this relationship between the three leaders developed more(Particularly Cairne and Vol'jin) and how it might effect the race in the future, despite Garrosh.

Desired Pairing: Vol'jin and Vanira OR Zen'tabra

Better yet, have them both develop feelings for Vol'jin and have it get personal. But pleeeease don't ruin it like Thrall and Aggra.
85 Tauren Druid

Favorite Pairing: Koltira/Thassarian
Reasoning: I want Thassarian to save him from Sylvanas and for them to live happily ever after despite being divided by death and faction.

Other favorite pairing: Asric/Jadaar
Reasoning: Raddest bromance ever.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I choose to buck your suggestion and pick a pair for Kismesis instead!

Favorite Pairing: Aegwynn and Kil'jaeden
Reasoning: Azeroth would be destroyed in the process of their kismesisitude, and I'm okay with that because I've reached God Tier.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Favorite Pairing: Danath Trollbane/Kurdran Wildhammer
Reasoning: The original battle brothers, makes more sense than Koltira/Thassarian.

Desired Pairing: Garrosh/Zaela
Reasoning: Garrosh needs someone to rein him in and he'd fit better in with that Dragonmaw culture.
60 Night Elf Druid
Favorite Pairing: Thrall / Jaina
Reasoning: Their unlikely friendship was the stuff of rumors and innuendo for years before Thrall finally settled down with his brown lady. I love how they had to basically leave their cities and their people in order to meet each other, even though they were discussing issues of grave importance to both their nations. It suggests a bond that society would not tolerate, but they knew was right. I'll always be a little sad that they didn't end up together in the end. Somebody else said this in these forums before me, but I expect Jaina always reminded Thrall a bit of Taretha Foxton. Both women were among the few kind and brave representatives of humanity in Thrall's life, and the reason Thrall would always seek out peace with the Alliancerather than war like Garrosh, who had no such role model.

Desired Pairing: Malfurion Stormrage / Illidan Stormrage
Reasoning: The Night Elves nearly brought about the destruction of the world 10,000 years ago, and in their arrogance, they believed that only a strictly enforced social code could keep it from happening again. Illidan and Malfurion exemplified the two sides of Night Elf society: the side that strained to preserve order, and the side that fought against it. In the end, the Night Elves gave in and joined the world community, joined the Alliance, began teaching druidism to other races, and even accepted the use of magic. Alas, these changes all came after Illidan helped save Kalimdor from the Burning Legion and fought the Scourge. After what was unquestionably a prison sentence of inhumane duration, he received nothing but scorn from his brother and rejection from the one woman he ever lived. It's little wonder the man was driven insane shortly after.

But I wonder, what if it had happened differently? What if Illidan had been accepted back into the fold after Night Elf society became more flexible? What if Malfurion realized the beneficial impacts of Illidan's efforts? What if Black Temple was merely a setback? The most touching thing I can imagine happening to the Warcraft universe is a reconciliation between the brothers Stormrage.

Malfurion sat at the opposite side of the great Ashenvale oak from his twin, the thin leaves above his head offering hardly any shelter from the rain. He was more dismayed that would find himself in Illidan's company than he was at his miraculous return to the realm of the living. Malfruion felt a light touch against his shoulder and instinctively drew away, not wanting to brush shoulders with his companion. The storm may have driven them both to this spot but if not for the unusually cold weather for the season, he would have rather stayed in the rain. And he was still far too exhausted from his confrontation with the Naga of the Zoram Strand to shapeshift into his more insulated bear form. Suddenly, the rain stopped dripping on him and he turned his head to look. Illidan had extended one of hellish wings over his brother's head, sheltering him from the downpour. The thin tissue between wing joints looked a strange soft blue behind the moonlight and the persistent glow of the forest. It reminded him of the of the sky during the setting of the moons at Suramar, seemingly a lifetime ago. For the first time that day, he looked his brother in the face. Illidan's sightless eyes looked back, but even with the blindfold Malfurion could tell that there was a different face behind them; one he hadn't seen in 10,000 years. Gone was the rage, the spite, and the unquenching thirst for power. All he saw in that moment was the face of his brother.

The Archdruid felt an unexpected wetness building up under his eyes, and looking closely, he thought he could see the same in Illidan's. He then directed his glance slightly upward at the protrusions from his brother's forhead, and smiled a half smile as he spoke the first words he had spoken to his brother since banishing him from Azeroth. "You always were jealous of my antlers." Illidan stared for a moment speechless, and the Brothers Stormrage shared a long hearty and much needed laugh that the forest heard.

Make this happen. I'd leave it up to the story guys to figure out how to make it happen; maybe a result of removing the Dragon Soul from the timeline somehow altering the present or something.
85 Tauren Shaman

Reasoning: Azeroth would be destroyed in the process of their kismesisitude, and I'm okay with that because I've reached God Tier.

Do you mean Sargeras?
Desired Pairing: A’dal (void state) / X’iri (void state)
Reasoning: So turn the Lights off / I'm not afraid / Afraid of the Dark
I assume you meant "Xi'ri".

Favorite Pairing: Orgrim/Durotan
Reasoning: It's the most prominent “bromance” I can recall, and if it stands out so in my memories then it is worthy of placement.

Desired Pairing: Void/Light
Reasoning: The Warcraft saga's narrator stated that it was said it was the collision of these two primordial forces that formed the nascent cosmos, a concept I find most appealing and fitting within the structure of Warcraft's reality. May they exist together in eternal balance to preserve the Shadow* that is result of their coupling.

*I tend to use the definition as given for the Cult of Forgotten Shadow in the Warcraft Magazine. That one being "Life and Reality".
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock

Do you mean Sargeras?

Ew, no. That would be weird.
90 Orc Shaman
Desired Pairing: Nyorloth and Azshios.
Reasoning: As a devout follower of the Old Gods, I think we'd have a lot of the same interests. Chaos and madness *are* like a hug for your brain, and I'd like to hug you. I'm also a huge fan of the wow lore, and I'm glad for the good work you're doing here.
/blush

Further, I also with Ataurote, I really liked the friendship Koltira and Thassarian, despite being on opposite sides of the war. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the aftermath of the events in WPL.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]