Love Is In The Air, So Wear A Mask

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Priest
Favorite Pairing: tyrande and Malfurion

Desired Pairing: Varian and Jaina
85 Dwarf Rogue
Favorite Pairing: Thrall and Aggra
Reasoning: I think they add to each other nicely.

Desired Pairing: Tholo and Anren as an actual couple
Reasoning: They're pretty adorable, probably my favorite npcs from the whole Firelands business. And they seem to care for each other a lot.
100 Orc Warrior
Favorite pairing: Asric/Jadaar

Reasoning: It's not so much that it's a well told bromance, with constant bickering and contempt fracturing into mutual respect and friendship, or that it's a nice odd couple contrast. It's the fact that we've been with them through all the events that have brought them closer together. Over several years. We don't see the entire picture - just fragments through Shattrath, Northrend, and now even to the Faire. It's like... here's something pulled from the world. It wasn't put into the spotlight to entertain us. It's just a fun little story. I find it grounding. When I look at these two and think back on their history, I think back on my own adventures that ran parallel to theirs. As I think on how these two have grown, I think about how my own character has grown.

Desired pairing: Nothing specific

Reasoning: I'd like to see a pairing over a very long story arc. Something that spans months, years, expansions. Two people we really get to know - ones that help us clear trash in raids, ones that give us awesome quests, ones that we cheer on in nerdy glee whenever we see them appear next. Yet... unknown when first met. I'd like to see the evolution, or future evolution, of this game personified.

That's my offering onto the dark altar.
I'm not gonna lie, when I saw this thread during my lunch break, a tiny, unmanly squeak of joy may have escaped my throat. I hope I am not too late to stand and be counted!

FAVORITE CANON PAIRING: Quae/Kinelory
Reasoning: I know we've had more "epic" love stories, but it's the sweet, intimate story of Quae and Kinelory that makes me grin every time I quest with them. There's so many reasons. There's the way that it's a pairing of equals, each with their own strengths, working together toward a common goal. There's how they are always so sweet and happy to each other without being too overly sappy about it (Compare them to Anren and Tholo, who almost come across as co-dependent). I love that they represent the unity of the Alliance, a Human and Night Elf finding love and companionship together. I love that they're out there fighting the good fight against the Forsaken. It's one of the few quests where I feel I really get to strike a true blow at the Forsaken war machine, especially post-Cataclysm, and as an old school alliance lore nerd, I can't say how much that means to me. So of course, that means I have extra respect for Quae and Kinelory for taking on that fight. Whether you believe it's a romance or just a sis-mance (I see it as the former, NGL), it's just such a perfect relationship and I'd love to see more of it. It's not forced, it's not overblown, it's just there.'

DESIRED PAIRING: Jaina/Varian
Reasoning: Jaina and Varian bring a lot to the table in a relationship with each other. To start with, they have a great relationship. Especially in Christie Golden's books, you can see that they do respect each other, they value each other's opinions and advice, and certainly, they're at least close enough that Anduin calls Jaina "Aunt Jaina." Since Arthas and Varian basically grew up together, you can probably imply from that that Jaina, Arthas, and Varian spent time together until they all grew up a bit and Jaina and Arthas paired off on their own. So there's history, and there is a current solid friendship to build on.

Bringing that to the next level allows them to even further cement that relationship, and they have a great dynamic. Jaina calms Varian down a bit, and makes sure he remembers that sometimes there are more appropriate responses than pulling out the sword and raging. Varian reminds Jaina that sometimes it is OK to get mad as hell when someone (usually the Horde) does something unthinkable.

Of course, probably the final hurdle in this relationship is that they have both had their great loves. Honestly, for me, this is probably the strongest reason I support them. Jaina will never replace Tiffin. Varian will never replace Arthas. This is 100% true. I will never disagree with that. But they don't have to. That's not the point of a second marriage. The point is that they will not forget those they loved and lost, but they're still here, and they can find some comfort in each other.

I think that's what's most important. They are both mature, both experienced, and both powerful, so they have a very strong chance at having a relationship that won't shake the heavens, but will be a model of equality, strength, and dedication that we really haven't seen on a large scale in WoW lore in a long time.

SECOND DESIRED PAIRING (Yeah, I'm breaking the law BREAKING THE LAW): Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth/Lieutenant General Andorov
Reasoning: I'm gonna be honest. My main reason is that both of these people are pretty as heck. During Love is in the Air, I always make sure Jes-tereth gets a Bon Bon or Spritz of Perfume from me (Or, back when it worked that way, one of my cards). She's sort of a vision in white, with dreamboat eyes I could stare into forever. Plus I just like the idea of a strong woman in such a high position of power as the Grand Admiral. I have a secret love of the sea and sailors (and pirates), so she scratches that itch too. I can just imagine her on the deck of an Alliance gunship directing a pitched battle, and it is a glorious thought.

And then there's Lieutenant General Andorov. He basically has everything you need to make the ultimate grizzled action hero. He has the eyepatch. He has the manly as hell bare chest. He has the awesome axes. He has his own platoon of elite underlings. He even has some snappy one-liners (taken from pop culture, sure, but not overdone like most Cataclysm stuff, IMHO). Then, he wades right into a vertiable army of Bugmen and just starts kicking behind and taking names. I mean, it's a sight to behold. Back when I was a young raider in Ahn'Qiraj, every week I looked forward to watching Andorov at work.

I can't even remember where I got the exact idea, but I just think that two people that pretty should end up together. I always assume Andorov is 7th Legion (on loan to CC), and that when he's back in town, he and Jes-Tereth are always together, sparring, flexing their muscles, and generally being badass. And when King Varian sends them out, they are the ultimate battle couple. Jes-Tereth sends Andorov and his strike team out from her boat, but when they get a chance to team up together and repel invaders, it's a thing of beauty. They stand back to back, Jes-Tereth with her Sabers and Andorov with his axes, and it's a ballet of blood. It's poetry written with the innards and intestines of their enemies.

Plus, their kids are like, the cutest kids ever.

Yes, I am have overthought this.
Edited by Jaelara on 2/13/2012 5:32 PM PST
85 Undead Priest
Favorite Pairing: Asric and Jadaar
Reasoning: These two are on each other's backs constantly, but you know there's something deeper to it. They bicker and argue all the time, so why do they still hang around if they hate each other so much? While we don't see the "behind the scenes" with them, there's clearly something that keeps them together, and the mystery of what that is is why I love them so much.

Desired Pairing: Velen and Nobundo
Reasoning: When Nobundo became a Krokul (broken), even his best friend believed that he must have done something awful to deserve his fate. No one cared for him anymore despite all he'd done for his people. When he found the calling of the Spirits, no one would listen, except for Velen. He saw that there was more to Nobundo than his outer shell, and he knew that Nobundo had done nothing to deserve what had happened to him. Velen and Nobundo's relationship would be mutually beneficial due to their connections with the Light and Spirits respectively, and I believe could help foster more understanding and empathy towards the Broken within the Draenei people.
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Favorite Pairing: Thassarian/Koltira Deathweaver
Reasoning: I'm sorry. Hot. Aside from my fanshame, I feel like there is a huge amount of potential. They both deviate from the normal behavior, even while still thralls to the Lich King. I feel like Thassarian has taken it upon himself to go above and beyond with it come to protecting his ward. Even after being separated to their respective factions, there is a great reluctance to meet each other in combat. Truly, the WPL end chain was heartbreaking. I hope to hell this implied bromance in canon. :)
100 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Demonae
I think Jaina would be a great influence on Vanessa, and would be great soul mates once Vanessa calms down a bit and gets past her teen angst of her fathers death.

She's dead, Jim. There aint no calmin'.
Welcome Nyorloth -

SO nice to have a lore/story mod on the boards!

Favorite pairing(s): Brotherly/Sisterly love (The Bronzebeard boys and the Windrunner girls)
Reasoning: SO ripe for past and future lore development. Since the dwarves and especially the High Elves are so long lived, both pairings have seen a great deal of Azerothian history...especially those eras between the Sundering and the First War...and it would be great to see a little of that from their points of view, as well as a little development of their personal relationships. To wit: Why was Sylvanas chosen Ranger General as the middle sister as opposed to Alleria, and if the title is based on merit, how did the older sister feel about being outshined?). And I don't even have to say how fascinating the whole Vereesa/Sylvanas/Alleria (hopefully someday) relationship is from a lore standpoint in it's current state.

Desired pairing: Varian and Jaina
Reasoning: It's so obvious those two belong together (at least to me). I think they could be really, really good for each other as well as for Anduin.
85 Worgen Rogue
Favorite pairing: Cerellean Whiteclaw/Anaya Dawnrunner

Reasoning: I was pretty gripped by this pairing since they had become separated by death, it was a very tragic questline that's still held up well since Vanilla WoW. One would think death is the end of all things. However, it was not so, because Anaya's love for Cerellean could not hold her back from arriving to him in her spiritual form and telling him that they would unite once again soon. Having to wait thousands of more years to be reunited with your love in the afterlife is a pretty sad story in my opinion, but the happiness that would ensue would surely pay off, right? For Cerellean Whiteclaw, we can only hope so and salute him for spending the rest of his days yearning to be with his Anaya once more.

Desired pairing: Ivar Bloodfang/Lorna Crowley

Reasoning: Ivar Bloodfang is known as the perfect example of how savage, bloodthirsty, and underhanded the Worgen can be. Beneath that savage beast of a wolfman lies a beating heart that yearns for familiarity. Lorna Crowley represents the strongest aspects of the Gilneans, encompassing strength, ferocity, and wit in battle. These two would possibly make the most fruitful pairing, as they share common ideals in war as well as portraying the more aggressive tendencies of their respective sides. Lorna could possibly help Ivar understand his more Gilnean side, while they work together as a team to slaughter their enemies through Ivar's cunning. It would be a glorious pairing, indeed.
85 Worgen Rogue
02/13/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Donahue
Favorite pairing: Cerellean Whiteclaw/Anaya Dawnrunner

Oh man I totally forgot about those. Completely heartbreaking :(
85 Tauren Shaman
02/13/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Jaelara
SECOND DESIRED PAIRING (Yeah, I'm breaking the law BREAKING THE LAW): Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth/Lieutenant General Andorov

How can you have something this awesome yet support the attrocious Jaina/Varian match?

Dwarves /sarcastic eyeroll
100 Human Paladin
I have to go with Mograine/Whitemane. They've got such devotion to each other that I damn near swoon every time I run into them. After all, every girl wants a studly blonde knight ... at their side!
100 Dwarf Warrior
Favorite Pairing: Keegan Firebeard/Fanny Thundermar
Reasoning: Best. Wedding. Ever. This was by far one of the most humorous and sweetest things to come out of Cataclysm. As much as everyone complains that we spent our time with a wedding and Fargo Flintlock in Twilight Highlands I wouldn't have it any other way Dwarves are by far the most entertaining group to do anything with. Seeing more of Fanny and Keegan would be great.

Desired Pairing: Any Traveling Pandaren Brewmaster/Any Traveling Dwarven Brewmaster
Reasoning: You know this would be great on so many levels, I'm not talking about needing anything Romantic but just two wondering lovable drunks always looking for the next big brew, especially if this led into some sort of epic Brewfest questline. Dwarves and Pandas make it happen!
02/13/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Skytotem

How can you have something this awesome yet support the attrocious Jaina/Varian match?

Man, they are both awesome ideas. >:|

But Jes-Tereth/Andorov is like 1000000x more awesome, won't lie.
90 Human Paladin
02/13/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Jilara
I have to go with Mograine/Whitemane. They've got such devotion to each other that I damn near swoon every time I run into them. After all, every girl wants a studly blonde knight ... at their side!

Renault's voice is just awesome.

No one's perfect.

02/13/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Jaelara
But Jes-Tereth/Andorov is like 1000000x more awesome, won't lie.

Indeed. They'd make a great pair. Plus, actually seeing Andorov again would be awesome.
Edited by Sternbridge on 2/13/2012 5:47 PM PST
100 Human Priest
Non-serious pairing: Calia / Sylvanas
Reasoning: Just for peoples reactions, it'll be priceless

02/13/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Jilara

And every man would want a woman who can make their champion arise.
Edited by Vicara on 2/13/2012 5:45 PM PST
85 Tauren Shaman
02/13/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Donahue

Especially if Lorna can't get the worgen-curse from her dad, and Ivar and Darius don't get along...

OH THE DRAMA

You're a genius Grim.
02/13/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Skytotem

Especially if Lorna can't get the worgen-curse from her dad, and Ivar and Darius don't get along...

OH THE DRAMA

You're a genius Grim.

Man, it's like Lorna gets a tattoo to spite her dad, but instead of a tattoo, it's a BLOOD CURSE.

...I love it.
100 Orc Warlock
Desired Pairing: Illidan and Tyrande
Reasoning: The role player in me wants to see the night elves torn apart by this pairing but really I just think Illidan deserves Tyrande more than his brother. I think the guy who's willing to do anything even if it's a bit evil is just better. And hell, Illidan deserves to put one down in the win column.
90 Tauren Druid
D --> I think
D --> I need a towel
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]