How is the server?

1 Troll Mage
I'm looking to get back into WoW after a hiatus and decided I'd like to move a couple of higher levels (80+ priest and hunter) to a new server for a fresh start.

This server seems to meet my PST, PVE, POP requirements, but I thought it'd be a good idea to ask you lovely folks how you feel about playing here. I could basically move my toons anywhere for casual play, but I am interested in raiding again.

How is the:

raiding (is finding a spot as an experienced player in a mature, competent, but totally awesome guild going to be realistic)?

PVP (mainly BGs)?

realm comradery?

server stability?

In your opinion, is Horde or Alli side better here, and why?

Thanks in advance to those who take the realm-downtime to respond!
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
1. Raiding, especially 25m, is practically dead. Honestly if you're really into raiding, look elsewhere.
2. Can't really comment on the PVP side of things, the extent of my pvp experience is cross server random bg's.
3. There isn't much of a community outside of what few guilds are left.
4. What kind of stability? Server has never crashed since I've been playing if that is what you mean, if you mean people, how's the AH, I'd stay it's between average and dying.
5. It swings back and forth but I think the Ally side seems more active overall, however, both sides really have people sticking with
Edited by Brookel on 2/14/2012 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Orc Warlock
02/14/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Chemic
raiding (is finding a spot as an experienced player in a mature, competent, but totally awesome guild going to be realistic)?

No one does 25m. Other than that, not bad.

PVP (mainly BGs)?

Completely dead. 99% of people on this realm keyboard turn and click. The only good PvPers realm transferred and their guild is now dead.

realm comradery?

Ehhh...pretty poor. I know like 80% of people Horde-side. A few of them are alright.

server stability?

Doesn't crash often. Crashed like...2x total this expansion. Maybe 6 times in WotLK.

In your opinion, is Horde or Alli side better here, and why?

Used to be Horde. Now we're roughly even.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it. I'd find a higher populated realm. Nord is going downhill quickly.
Reply Quote
66 Troll Priest
PvE- Slow. Nobody has downed more then 4 heroic DS bosses so far, and it was about 2-3 months after FL nerf for Rag to get downed. Pugs rarely down more the Morchok.

PvP-Nearly non-existant outside of a few guilds. Ppl rarely break 2k on this realm.

Realm Comadry- Dead. It used to be a lot better, but then LFD happened.

Server Stability- Only good part to here. Server is extremely stable compared to other servers.

Horde and Alliance are roughly equal now.

All in all, this is a good realm to come and snag a bunch of server first if you are around 7/8 H DS, but otherwise, no good. The majority of players ask questions that can easily be answered by a few seconds of research, and do not attempt to strive to maximize preformance. The majority of good guilds in the server already have a strong core.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Warlock
PvE- Slow. Nobody has downed more then 4 heroic DS bosses so far, and it was about 2-3 months after FL nerf for Rag to get downed. Pugs rarely down more the Morchok.

I believe a few guilds have downed more than four bosses, and a lot of guilds right on the cusp. The server is mediocre for progression on both sides. Other than that I agree with everything the above posted stated.
Edited by Tephil on 2/15/2012 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
30 Tauren Druid
Server is pretty bad. Only people who play are people who already have a little small group of friends who they play each other. Lots of wanna-be try hard trolls using old jokes and blindly argue on issues they have no idea about. All PvP on the server is pretty much dead, only duel heroes are on it. Rarely any of them reach 1750, let alone 2000. All the good PvPers server transfer off it leaving their guilds dead. Raiding is dead on it, hardly any guilds make progression. They can barely get a group for 10 man raiding, don't expect any 25 man going on.
If you get to know people on the server then lots of unnecessary drama happens on it, some of them shouldn't even be happening. List of them includes: Stalking, constant harassment, "e-dating", etc. Good players leave this server for a reason.
Glad you're trying to get a new start but Nordrassil is not for anybody.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Anyone ever consider the possibility that the task of improving the state of a realm might be furthered by not scaring people away with overly-negative assessments?

This is not to suggest that the criticisms made thus far are not warranted or accurate. But things like
Nordrassil is not for anybody.
is borderline trollish and not helpful.

Yes, the PvP community is not large; yes, realm-wide PVE progression is not the best .... but this is true of many realms. Come help change that, OP :)

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Anyone ever consider the possibility that the task of improving the state of a realm might be furthered by not scaring people away with overly-negative assessments?

This is not to suggest that the criticisms made thus far are not warranted or accurate. But things like
Nordrassil is not for anybody.
is borderline trollish and not helpful.

Yes, the PvP community is not large; yes, realm-wide PVE progression is not the best .... but this is true of many realms. Come help change that, OP :)

I like this, Nord seem to around 150 server ranking. There is no reason nord can't break the 100 mark!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My god there should be a sticky like this on every server forum... =) exept fer the trolls ofcourse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]