***UPDATED BRACKETS*** Duel Tournament

85 Human Rogue
***IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ***

Check out this link for a screenshot of the bracket. It was a lot more complicated than I thought it would be, with the awkward number of people that signed up. I seeded everyone in the order they signed up, used a random number sequence generator to place the numbers in order, and then used an online bracket generator for 11 teams and filled it with the seeds in order. Confusing, I know, look at the link but most importantly, the finished bracket!

Edit: Realized 5 minutes after I posted the bracket there's a mistake already, Gior is seed 11, he fights first and gets the bye. Tails cannot fight twice obviously. Sorry for any confusion.

http://postimage.org/image/s7pfs9hd9/ <-------- Bracket details

http://betterbracketmaker.com/#!/37ee2a25804f4 <-------- Actual Bracket

It's been awhile since we've had one of these, I remember Slovenly's as one of the real cool challenges that he did that I actually really enjoyed so basically I just want to host another one. I'll give 5k to the winner, but I'm also going to be participating unlike Slovenly. Just post here if you want to be a part of it.

-Everyone will be randomly seeded and I'll use a random number generator online to determine the bracket and match ups.
-5k to the winner, 2k to the runner up and 1k to the third place finisher.
-Each round will be best of 3 duels.
-Stealth Classes cannot stay in stealth for more than 15 seconds from the time they enter stealth. This only applies after they make their opener, use common sense and don't spend 30minutes in stealth before you open.
-In any rogue vs rogue duel the rogues will trade openers in the first two duels, and start the third duel (if needed) out of stealth and cannot vanish until some kind of melee attack has been made. A /roll will determine the rogue that gets to choose who gets the opener first.
-No healers, obviously, don't be stupid.
-No tank classes, obviously, don't be stupid.
-You can change specs after every duel, its up to you to try and do it discretely if you don't want your opponent to know what spec you are.
-If you DC and you lose, it's a loss.
-All final decisions on any rule infractions will be made by me, even though I'm participating. If you don't like this, don't sign up. I'm strict and I'm fair.
-All duels will take place in Dalaran Sewars so spectators can enjoy the fights.
-No use of the Underbelly Elixirs to change into a firefly.
-Anything else goes, do research and find the craziest and most amazing on use items that can be used in duels. LoH, Bubble, Prep whatever if you have it you can use it. Same goes for buffs prior to the duel, use whatever you can get your hands on.
-We will use Ve Co Realm vent for coordination of the fights and all of the fun, playful banter that goes along with an event like this. If anyone feels comfortable commentating, that would be really awesome and feel free to contact me about doing so. During the duels only the commentator would be given access to speak on vent.

The Tournament will be Sunday, Feb. 19 at 6:30 Server Time. Deadline for entry will Saturday at 9 AM server time so that I have time to make the bracket and post it for everyone to see.

Participants:
Rhythmic
Jabberwock
Marhaus
Tails
Mirand
Nyke
Thrashr
Coldsnap
Ninjaz
Aztepik
Gior

Edit: Added the stipulations about rogue duels.
Edit2: Updating the list of participants
Edited by Rhythmic on 2/18/2012 9:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
9 Human Warlock
Let's all remember the great Zihela won by a landslide last time.

Edit: However, I am a benevolent ruler, and as such I will not be participating. I will allow another to claim the prize.
Edited by Scolly on 2/15/2012 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
It sounds pretty sweet. The only 'rule' I disagree with is this one:

Anything else goes, do research and find the craziest and most amazing on use items that can be used in duels. LoH, Bubble, Prep whatever if you have it you can use it. Same goes for buffs prior to the duel, use whatever you can get your hands on.

I mean... I could just flask, eat food, and bring my entire raid group to provide me with all buffs. Engineering bombs can be gamebreaking, etc... It makes it kind of cheesy IMO. It should follow the same rules as Arena and RBG's. You can use the buffs that your class provides. Pots, or anything else should be DQ.

Everything else sounds good!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
save yourself the time and energy and just have the frost mages duel, they will win anyway
Reply Quote
9 Human Warlock
If you're a good rogue, you can probably beat any mage on this server who isn't me. /shrug
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
02/15/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Scolly
If you're a good rogue, you can probably beat any mage on this server who isn't me. /shrug
I think technically a "good rogue" can probably handle a 2k mage... just sayin
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Hi
Edited by Orson on 5/18/2013 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
@ Faint: That's the idea, I personally enjoy the creativity of seeing what people can pull off when it comes to using anything they can find. It's really a shame how many cool things are out there, Free Action Pots, Bombs etc., that used to be able to be used in PvP, but now you can only really use in a Random Battleground because it's not allowed, or looked down upon if you use it elsewhere.

@ Orson: If a rogue stays in stealth for 30 seconds with a recup up, they will heal to full and there is nothing the other person can do about it. There is no circumstance in arena where you can vanish and mess around for a minute in stealth without them killing your team during that time interval. Otherwise wee will have rogues endlessly resetting the fight until they win.

I appreciate all the comments, please let me know if anyone of you actually want to participate.
Reply Quote
9 Human Warlock
02/15/2012 03:33 AMPosted by Ûnknøwñ

You're rank 80 on the team you play. I'm rank 29 with a banned partner. Don't try to compare yourself to me on your crap easy battlegroup :]
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
02/15/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Scolly

You're rank 80 on the team you play. I'm rank 29 with a banned partner. Don't try to compare yourself to me on your crap easy battlegroup :]
Lol? What team are you even talking about? I haven't done arena in so long. I pretty much got my t2 and stopped doing arena for the most part... aside from that I didn't even reference myself, I simply said "a good rogue" and you assumed I was referring to myself. Thanks for the compliment. While I do believe a good mage owns a good rogue 1v1, a good rogue would stomp you. You genuinely believe you're this amazing mage and you can't even get t2, it's hilarious.
Reply Quote
9 Human Warlock
9/10 times even the best rogue in the world wouldn't beat me.

Also, you'd be 1900 if you were still on this battlegroup. Or maybe not even.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
02/15/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Scolly
9/10 times even the best rogue in the world wouldn't beat me.
Lol... How do you take yourself seriously? Do you honestly believe they dumb crap you say?
Also, you'd be 1900 if you were still on this battlegroup. Or maybe not even.
Except that I've been 2200+ on every team... every season... but ok.
Reply Quote
9 Human Warlock
The battlegroup is vastly different from what it was last season.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I will be participating as well.(lol dalaran for hunters)

I agree with what zihela said, you fight gladiators from 1900+, no lie.

Refer to the screenshot below from some games we ran, armory any of them and you will see what I mean. This is very typical of this battle-group now since NAO is now on KT. I have not seen a team around 1900 that does not have at least 2500+ players on it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/wowscrnshot020412231547.jpg/
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
You fight gladiator's at low rating in any bg. Nothing about the title "gladiator" equates to "only can play at high mmr". If I dig hard enough I can show you a screen shot of a glad player in the 1700s. If you were half as good of a mage as you thought you were you would have t2 by now, plain and simple, and you don't. Erbvirus #1 PALLY ED/VECO hate on it
Reply Quote
9 Human Warlock
Honestly you'd probably be 1700 with the same team if you were on this server instead of ED lol.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
02/15/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Ûnknøwñ
You fight gladiator's at low rating in any bg. Nothing about the title "gladiator" equates to "only can play at high mmr". If I dig hard enough I can show you a screen shot of a glad player in the 1700s. If you were half as good of a mage as you thought you were you would have t2 by now, plain and simple, and you don't. Erbvirus #1 PALLY ED/VECO hate on it

This is completely true. All BGs have glads playing low MMR now. The only difference is people arent capping out @ 3k so you dont have random garbage players with T2 like you did the past couple seasons. Last season I played 2500 wiz cleaves who literally keyboard turned.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
O and GL with the tourney, sounds like fun. Wish I were geared.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I really wish I could delete posts. Please continue your garbage argument on another thread.

I wish you'd participate Galaleo, there's no entry fee or anything like that. Who knows, you might actually win! At least show up and watch, it will be a good time!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Remember when I beat you in 3s Rhythmic?

edit for once being on Heltors side.
The Enclave downs Garrosh, hate on it tryhard mage # 42
Edited by Tweakk on 2/15/2012 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]