This is a challenge and not a race to see who gets to level 85 first. This is a personal challenge.
Get from level 1-85 using the rules below.
Ironman Challenge Rules
1. All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
2. No transfer of gear, items or money from any other character (yours or others)
3. No gear enhancement(s), thus no Socket Gems, Enchanting or Reforging. Exceptions exist for class abilities. (example: Rogue poisons)
4. No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.
5. No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
6. No potions/flasks/elixirs (except those labeled as Quest Items)
7. No food buffs or other external buffs (this includes buffs from items and other players).
8. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
9. No dungeons/raids. No battlegrounds/arenas.
10. No guilds. An exception is made for Ironman guilds (no perks)
11. No Refer-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
12. No add-ons that assist in combat (try to challenge yourself and do the most with the least).
13. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.
- All mounts
- All bags/containers
- All quests (including holiday and daily quests)
- You may train and use all your class skills (including your own buffs)
If you want to read up on the challenge, here are the threads so far:
1. Another player helped me randomly! Don't worry, you're still in the challenge. So long as the the other player isn't constantly helping you this is not an issue. If you receive a buff/heal/help with a kill, simply thank the player and continue on. Remove the buff as soon as you notice it. Do not request help. If the player sticks around politely tell them you are attempting to solo and ask them to respect that play-style.
2. Use of the auction house is permitted. You can only use grey or white items, sell your greens, blues, etc. on the auction house for cash. You can buy white or grey items from the vendors to wear.
3. Bank alts are allowed as long as you send items one way. Your bank alt cannot help you in the challenge. You are better off selling your items on your main challenger until you get enough gold. You really do not need much gold, mostly for training and gear.
4. If you die, you cannot send your gold or items to your next challenge character. You can send it to the bank alt. Your bank alt cannot send gold to your challengers. You start with nothing and build upon that.
5. It says no guilds so how are there Ironman guilds? The ironman guilds are deleted when they level to 2 and recreated. They are mostly there for companionship since you are soloing in this challenge. At level 2, guild perks cause problems with the spirit of the challenge.
Remember everyone, use good judgement, common sense and - HAVE FUN!
There is now an Ironman Challenge guild available to join on Nazgrel. Type /join iron to join our chat channel.
Most challengers are on Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance).Type [/join iron] to join our chat channel!
If you prefer Horde there are quite a few on Moon Guard as well.Type [/join ironmanchallenge] to join our chat channel!
Both servers have <Ironman Challenger> guilds up and running.Type [/who ironman challenger] to see who is online and ask for an invite.
The main challenge servers are role playing servers. There are near a thousand members on Wyrmrest Accord.
We are tracking our progress with an automated website: (Thanks Casa!)http://wowironman.com/
HOW TO GET STARTED:
Create a character and level to 10 on the server of your choice, following the rules. Then sign up at http://wowironman.com. After you sign up, level to 85 following the rules.
HOW TO SIGN-UP:
1. Visit http://wowironman.com/
2. Select your region/realm and type in your character name using the search at the topSince this function pulls data from the Armory your character must be level 10 to participate. Deaths are automatically tracked and your character will be moved to the Honored Dead if they die. Huge thanks to Ironbraids and Aber for previously keeping our records.