Funny wow memories?

85 Tauren Shaman
Back in the Throne of the Tides on the elevator where you could mount up and your friend could click your mount and stand on its head? Bags of fun was had by me and my silly friends!

Do you have any funny memories to share?

Edit: Yay, my first blue post :)
Edited by Ramenshaman on 2/16/2012 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I remember being in the barrens leveling my warlock when all of a sudden two alliance priests came up to me.

I was a little scared of being mind blasted to death, but they just said /wave. /wait.

One of them mind controlled me and the other one while I was MC'd gave me power word fortitude and shadow resist.

Then they just /giggled and ran away. Nice night elves, EVER.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Way back in my noob days, I rolled a Shaman. I didn't know how everything worked and just assumed that I should melee everything to death. I did. With literally WHATEVER I could get. A dagger? A staff? I'd kill someone with it. I didn't know how specs worked, either, so.... yeah....

Me: A thing I can kill! I'll beat it to death with my staff!
*Starts attacking*
Me: Uh oh, I'm low on health. I better use this healing spell I have!
*casts healing spell*
*continues to melee*
*mob is dead*
*repeat*

Yes, that's how I was when I started.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It’s not so much funny as it was frustrating but several years ago some friends and I were running Stratholme to gear up a few of our characters. We had just cleared the ziggurat that Nerub'enkan resides in. Once we gathered our reward, we repeated loud and clear to hug the right side when exiting to avoid the creatures waiting outside. So of course, our friend runs out hugging the left side, pulling every single one of the remaining creatures. We try fighting through the mob but our friend keeps pulling more and more of them trying to avoid getting hit. Eventually we wipe. After yelling at our friend a few times, we finally just start cracking up over the situation. I guess if you knew the person, you’d probably find it as comical as we did. We still even talk about that incident from time to time and have a laugh. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Running LFD, and a mage makes a portal to Theramore in the spot another portal is supposed to spawn. Of course, we all clicked it.

Haha, a great way to make everyone feel akward about the Go-Go mentality we have in PuGs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have many an amusing tale to tell, here's one from mid-Wrath!

I was dueling a friend for once (I never duel)... But I picked the spot.

We dueled on top of a tower in Hellfire Peninsula.

I had cast fear of my Pally friend, & he ran all around the roof of the tower. He said on vent "Well at least you can;t fear me off! Haha!"

No sooner had he said it, the fear wore off & he fell off the tower to his death. (He moved in the wrong direction)

It was like watching Wile E. Coyote fall.

I cackled the entire time of course.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Back when throwing snowballs at someone riding a gryphon caused them to get to their destination immediately, I took like two stacks of snowballs and stood at the stormwind gryphon rider and threw snowballs at people taking gryphons somewhere.

It was actually not at all easy to hit them in time.
Reply Quote
I was camping JadeFang in Deepholm and while sitting in the cave he spawns in this Undead rogue kept /spitting and /laughing at me. I ignored him at first the noticed he went afk. I then used the bomb to literally blow him out of the cave, yes it works on other people near you.

About five minutes later Jadefang spawned and I got the pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
My brother and I went on an achievement spree during the November Isles of Conquest weekend but were having a hell of a time with Isle of Conquest All-Star - especially the "defend a base" portion. Then he struck upon this genius idea.

We went to the quarry and capped the flag on the ship. I climbed onto the bow and went into camo while he jumped down onto the ledge across the water in front of the bow. He's a Death Knight...

We waited a few when a pally showed up. We let him cap the flag, I came out of camo and auto-shot him. He immediately jumps onto the bow to come pound me silly - and he would have had my brother not death-gripped him across the water to the ledge. I hopped down to the flag and quickly defended it while my brother went to town on the undoubtedly startled pally.

I still crack up at the sheer genius of this plan whenever I think about it! (Yes, I got my achievement, too!)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

I had cast fear of my Pally friend, & he ran all around the roof of the tower. He said on vent "Well at least you can;t fear me off! Haha!"

No sooner had he said it, the fear wore off & he fell off the tower to his death. (He moved in the wrong direction)

It was like watching Wile E. Coyote fall.

I cackled the entire time of course.

I was one of those priests crazy enough to (try for a time) pvp as holy/disp back in Vanilla. Mostly this involved sticking to the flag carrier on the roof in WSG while waiting for someone to get our flag back to score. I got into the habit of shadowmelding and then MC'ing a person off the roof when they came to kill our flag carrier.

I did to a mage one time, and he iceblocked out of the MC, but a moment too late. He turned into a block of ice in mid air, and finding this funny, I walked up to the edge, waiting until the iceblock wore off and hit psychic scream. He fell and spent the duration of the psychic scream running around the flag area feared.

Troll mage who's name I no longer remember, thank you for the lols.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Back in the good old days, my guild and I were in Onyxia, after killing her one of the mages made a portal, stating in vent "Port to Stormwind going up now" as soon as the portal went up over half the raid clicked it immediately, turns out it was a port to Darnassus, the only words out of his mouth were "Hope you like trees Bi...es".

Between that and the instant rage of 30 some people on vent it was hilarious, I think I laughed for a good 10 mins after that.

And yes this was back in the day of 40 man raids, when Ony was a 25 min raid, hearths had a 1 hour CD, and getting back to anywhere from Darn took forever. He also happened to be the only mage we had that night.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah once I was "camping" the enemy's graveyard in WSG by myself, as a holy paladin.

Actually what I did was just stand there and bait the opponents into jumping down, where three rogues where hidden waiting for them. Each one would jump and insta-die.

It lasted maybe 10 mins ? That was really funny.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Back when throwing snowballs at someone riding a gryphon caused them to get to their destination immediately, I took like two stacks of snowballs and stood at the stormwind gryphon rider and threw snowballs at people taking gryphons somewhere.

It was actually not at all easy to hit them in time.

Oh yes, I remember the snowballs on AV bridge. Tons of fun were had before it was hotfixed.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Mage
Back in MC days we had two hunters who would play chicken. They would see how close they could get their pet to a boss without pulling.

One time, one of them got too close.

Gehennas ate us like a turkey dinner that day.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
I was once ganked in Elemental Plateau during BC. I went AFK for a quick moment, came back to see a druid killing me. I rezzed and attacked said druid. She ran off, went into flight form, and flew into Zangarmarsh. I followed. We landed on a large mushroom, and began fighting there. Right when we had nearly killed one another, we started fist fighting because we were both oom. Then we proceeded to fist fight for roughly 20 minutes.

Later on in my life, I rerolled alliance on that server, and it turns out she was in my guild. We had a good laugh.

Edit-- also a funny BC memory is watching a Holy Paladin and Bare Durid dueling outside of org. The durid said "brb, need to brush my teeth" in the middle of the duel. Came back and was still alive. He was rocking about 24k HP, which was pretty unbelievable at the time.
Edited by Veega on 2/15/2012 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]