I remember when....

100 Night Elf Priest
I remember when Blizzard gave out those tabards for the "top pvper" in a server.

Oi albeit I don't remember the name of the rogue who won it. Though I do remember he always rolled with the Warlock Phyx and the Shadow Priest/Druid Sminty.

Those tabards though are legendary, 1 per a server and they were only given out back in 2005!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Smicky and Phyx, the rogue I believe was Pracdegalou or Iranon, one of those 2!!!

It was Prac that won, I remember taking a silly SS of him in it!!

yeah I'm old and my memory is slow
Edited by Bearbutt on 3/31/2012 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
I remember when, I remember...I remember when I lost my mind! There was something so pleasant about that place, Even your emotions have an echo in so much space!

No seriously, I remember all my old friends, which not many are around anymore :(
back when I was Human! /gasp!
Edited by Karnac on 4/1/2012 3:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
i remember when tastyhamster sold stuff in the auction house

i remember when erylith tanked stuff

i remember when kazzak hurt me when i was checking the mail.

i remember when talent points were discovered long after we actually had them

i remember when a warrior could fear and literally ruin a whole AV

i remember when BWL kiting on the first boss was scary

i remember when those asian hunters would farm darkwhisper gorge and burning steppes all day long

i remember when arcane crystals were like yellow gold.

i remember when lornath was scarab lord and not me

i remember when hellwalker and yohan didnt know english (final countdown)

i remember when "the friendly fisherman" "illuminati" and "the robot mafia" were guilds

i remember when priests werent allowed to be shadow and warriors werent allowed to mortal strike

i remember when my name was BESTBUY

i remember when naxxrammas existed in its 60 form

i remember when dark iron gear was only made by blacksunn

i remember when szewei was a man

i remember when sixyp didnt have a badukadunk

i remember when stratholme was a big deal.

i remember when the highest level was a warrior named crimsontider at level 14

i remember dishonorable kills

i remember saving up for 2 weeks to buy a longsword for a few silver.

i remember skullflame shields

i remember the alamo
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I am not a veteran of this server myself but for anyone that wants to feel a bit nostalgic about the old days I would recommend reading through these, they were originally posted on MMO-champ before Cata I believe so some of the comparisons to "today's" mechanics might be outdated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3053676105
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Wow tis great to see some names from the past since I have been off this server since 2008 I believe....Prior to that was in Playground Bullies and then Grand Theft Kodo (Still awesome name!). I remember a lot of the old content and still run it on my DK Main (Darkguns) over on my server that I been playing on since I left here!

I remember the days of Iltendi (spelling I know sux...) and others being tops and having a lot of friends from there and other top guilds and just having fun in BG's or World PVP'ing in Tauren Mill!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I remember when i had to make blessing of protection macros for Autogun to keep him alive in MC and ZG cause he always got aggro :)tell boros i said hey too :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I remember:

Snowfur in his T0 shoulders in WPL...the first time I was jealous of someone's gear.

Not spending a talent point until level 50 because I had no idea they existed.

Exodus imploding because of The Battle Shout Method and Staff of the Ruins going to a healer.

Gattsu and the volcano.

Sixy's Birthday Massacre

OMG Tunnelers and hanging out in Silithus with Phyx before it was cool.

Chigau STILL owes me a flower picking date.

Pirate Channel and never letting Durona come with me, Skarsnik, Khahn, and Hellrage to Pizza Hut.

Stealing Blues's name

My 3 favorite ladies Nightseer, Gadeval, and Pauliskhan quitting :(

Wiping for over an hour on the first trash pull in MC.

Having to take turns between Alliance attempts and other Horde guild attempts on Vael.

Erylith...nuff said.

Vkone and Dukegats...it's because of them that these forums once had a reputation for being entertaining.

Sixy and her giant !@#...come to think of it...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
"Stealing Blues's name"

Hahahah I remember that one!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/freakuancy/?action=view&current=Org-wave.jpg
Edited by Taelus on 4/6/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I remember the first time I saw a red nameplate in full tier gear (nerf Gattsu!)

I remember spending hours, days, weeks and months farming for the Dusty Tome in Dire Maul West.

I remember Vendetta standing on the portals to MC and BWL and ganking anyone who mis-clicked.

I remember Boneface giving me a tanking complex that exists to this day.

I remember when Blacksunn was the richest man on the server thanks to Dark Iron FR plate.

I remember when 20s for a beastslayer enchant to make my lowbie weapons glow red was an OUTRAGEOUS price.

I remember when BC meant Blight Caller and the amazing PvP wars we had on that little hill.

I remember the very first time I visited Stormwind, and somebody was completing The Great Masquerade. I was wow'd by the guards bowing to his obvious greatness, and swore that one day it'd be me.

I remember an hour later someone trained Kazaak to Elwynn and I died. A lot.

I remember 12 hour AV queues and 6 hour battles.

I remember taking Fear off my bar so it couldn't be triggered during a mind control.

I remember The Playground Bullies raiding Undercity every other weekend and never being able to resist jumping to their collective doom from the zeppelin.

I remember when Divinity's guild leader forced their MT to ticket a GM because he wanted the raptor mount the MT had won.

I remember Joemama running UBRS on his fury warrior and trying like hell to break 1000 DPS (!) every time he killed Rend.

I remember IF being full of naked people on patch day.

I remember Velv refused to control her aggro. Ever.

I remember when Jaecyln realized she'd spelled her name wrong. Around level 30.

I remember some weeks where we never made it past the "around-the-corner Imp pack pull" in MC.

I remember keeping a Paladin out of combat.

I remember naked runs through Furbolg tunnels.

I remember Tobyness being insane and stalking my then-fiancee.

I remember Dino wall-hacking AQ and stealing the chest mount.

I remember wall-hacking Org and visiting my Horde buddies with rooftop /rude's:
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/freakuancy/?action=view&current=Org-wave.jpg

I remember IF being littered with floating skeletons for weeks during the Blood Plague event.

I remember very carefully running down the rigging on boats and dropping precisely onto the crate in the corner so I could mount.

I then remember falling through the boat to die from exhaustion in the water.

I remember wall-hacking into Caverns of Time to look at the ceiling textures.

I remember farming for the Eye of Shadow every weekend for months so our GL could have Benediction. Then he switched to playing a warrior full-time.
Edited by Taelus on 4/6/2012 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember battles in AV that lasted so long I fell asleep at my keyboard, a few times.

I remember being an alliance lock (Jaecyln), one of the few before they were popular and being drug around to summon people and for soul stones.

I remember Playground Bullies and raids in MC and summoning people into the lava because the lag was terrible and you could!

I remember a lot of the people in this thread too and miss a lot more who aren't :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

My sound won't work!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
04/08/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Zhukii
My sound won't work!
Hahaha I didn't even see that in the chat text. Miss PGB :) Glad you're still around buddy.

Edit: Didn't you used to be a hunter??
Edited by Taelus on 4/9/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hi Jae!!

<---- Iyllwei

I remember battles in AV that lasted so long I fell asleep at my keyboard, a few times.

I remember being an alliance lock (Jaecyln), one of the few before they were popular and being drug around to summon people and for soul stones.

I remember Playground Bullies and raids in MC and summoning people into the lava because the lag was terrible and you could!

I remember a lot of the people in this thread too and miss a lot more who aren't :(
--
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I remember running for 20 minutes to an instance before I got my mount.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/05/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Baloran
I remember when i had to make blessing of protection macros for Autogun to keep him alive in MC and ZG cause he always got aggro :)tell boros i said hey too :)

I wasn't called "Aggrogun" for nothing. And remember I played Lock since beta so I knew the best way to lose aggro...was to die! I remember being the first one to every raid and sitting outside summoning 37 other slackers, or guildies call it what you will! LOL

I remember knowing the name of the majority of other players from the top guilds and speaking with them and doing instances with them. So much better then the just random groupings we get now!

I remember doing many PGB fun PvP events when bored "Lets do....." and we did it LOL.

I still remember the day I saw Jaeclyn going Horde on us....(Tears are still in the eyes...hehe) and leaving us Locks for the Horde! I remember having to bring multiple Locks to a raid so that you could speed up the process of handing out a Healthstone to each and every member of the raid after each and every wipe....or 5 Minute Pally blessings LOL!

This is my new toon that is my main since Cata...still have Autogun around as you saw but only as my fun tooling around character! I have turned to the Darkside and melee! Way less downtime and less ramp up time. Boros is still playing along side me here on Proudmoore as well so will definately let him know you are still around Bal!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I remember when I got a 3 day suspension in the middle of clearing Blackwing Lair because some prude priest reported me for making a friendly comment to a certain warlock.

Also, did you ever see how the SRA finally broke up? I remember when that happened too!

I also remember when we'd just called Iyllwei "Guy" because his name was too complicated for Drucilla. She likes things simple. Oh by the way, apparently Erylith and Vixx are engaged now.

EXCALIBUR!

P.S.
< Starfire/Andeval
Edited by Physique on 4/10/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember when I got a 3 day suspension in the middle of clearing Blackwing Lair because some prude priest reported me for making a friendly comment to a certain warlock.

Also, did you ever see how the SRA finally broke up? I remember when that happened too!

I also remember when we'd just called Iyllwei "Guy" because his name was too complicated for Drucilla. She likes things simple. Oh by the way, apparently Erylith and Vixx are engaged now.

EXCALIBUR!

P.S.
< Starfire/Andeval

Ha I remember you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]