Holy Bejeebuz 69K Instant SPriest

90 Orc Warrior
So doing 3s tonight at around 2150mmr we happened across a Shadowplay team and I documented being hit as hard as a Frost Mage's Shatter:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5281/69kspriest.jpg

Instant 68,862 damage through 4635 resil (44.5% damage reduction). I have seen mastery stacking Mages hit for these sort of numbers in a Shatter but a SPriest? I wish Warrior could hit that hard with full LttS, all CDs popped and a full rage-bar execute... but sadly I have never seen HALF that amount of damage even on targets with less resil.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Not nit pciking here but, wasn't instant damage, MB is a cast time, one that could possibly be avoided with LoS, Pummel, Spell Reflect (Which would have reflected both spells).

Other than that ya hard hit, perfect world scenario for that priest. Shadow Orbs + Trinkets = KAPOW!. Whereas us mages can do it quite often =/
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Been an issue for a while - if you're familiar with shadow mechanics you'll usually have a decent idea of when this is coming, but that doesn't really change the fact that mind blast is too much burst. No idea what blizzard were thinking nerfing dots and buffing mind blast halfway through cata...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My HPally was CCed at the time and as a Warrior... LoS vs Shadowplay is sort of a moot point 95% of the time. I died soon after considering I went from over 100k health to 14k in a little over 1 second lawl.

Not calling for SPriest nerfs or anything, just surprised to see that kind of a number come from something other then a Frost Mage shatter. Not exactly what Bliz previously stated as the goal of Cata PvP where health pools would slowly decline is it?
Reply Quote
02/14/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Laurelle
Been an issue for a while - if you're familiar with shadow mechanics you'll usually have a decent idea of when this is coming, but that doesn't really change the fact that mind blast is too much burst. No idea what blizzard were thinking nerfing dots and buffing mind blast halfway through cata...

pvp sentiment was that they wanted to distinguish them from ua locks after they took away their friendly dispel so that the community didn't perceive them as just a crappy version of a warlock.
as for 60k mind blasts, doesn't surprise me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
02/14/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Valafar
Not nit pciking here but, wasn't instant damage, MB is a cast time,

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33371

Pay attention to the time stamps on the recount log, MB and Imp DP hit at the exact same time which means it was casted. Otherwise it would have had a GCD causing one to be at a different time than the other.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
02/14/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Valafar
Pay attention to the time stamps on the recount log, MB and Imp DP hit at the exact same time which means it was casted. Otherwise it would have had a GCD causing one to be at a different time than the other.

mmmmm. That is true.

And don't get me wrong here, I think it's absolutely silly that it can be done with any class. Shouldn't be bursting for that much at all when the opponent is in full PvP gear.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I think a spriest slapping together some orbs, popping wings and getting trinkets proc'd takes a hair more work than a mage popping a mastery trinket, slapping a deep on someone and freezing them for a 100K.

But just a hair more. Just a tiny bit.

These numbers are so insane. I just can't begin to fathom what the developers are smoking. It's got to be some strong stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
And don't get me wrong here, I think it's absolutely silly that it can be done with any class. Shouldn't be bursting for that much at all when the opponent is in full PvP gear.

They would have to rework healers if they stopped this insane dmg.

Indeed, burst healing would need to drop as well as burst damage. Which is what they were originally intending for this expac but lost sight of that very quickly.
Edited by Gamegenie on 2/14/2012 1:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
did you have reck up? that seems like 15k dmg higher than what I think is reasonably retarded mind blast damage
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
02/14/2012 02:16 AMPosted by Nephthyz
did you have reck up? that seems like 15k dmg higher than what I think is reasonably retarded mind blast damage

It's just procs/wings etc, it can easily be more than this, letalone more than 45k.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
One
Hah Xoid, this guy is on my server vs'd him few times in 3's and 5's. He hits super hard if hes able to get casts off, best just to train him all game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
My guess is that he is fully mastery reforged, because my highest mindblast crit on a resi target has been about 52k. That being said this happening is so rare, spriest have very low crit chance. I get a good mindblast crit like that maybe once every 25 games, however that it can happen is pretty silly, ill admit. My average mindblast hits for 15k by itself, and like 25k-30k with cooldowns. having only 4-5% crit sucks sometimes.

edit 14-15%
Edited by Recitative on 2/14/2012 4:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Priest
I don't think any class should hit this hard and not a class that is a hybird shadow preists should get nerfed. There would be alot more healers in bg's if blizzard nerfed shadow and ret why thease classes get better surviablity and damage then warriors is beyond comprehension. If people want to do damage play a damage class why is that such a bad thing you don't see rogues complaining that they can't heal a raid.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
02/14/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Holymoleey
I don't think any class should hit this hard and not a class that is a hybird shadow preists should get nerfed. There would be alot more healers in bg's if blizzard nerfed shadow and ret why thease classes get better surviablity and damage then warriors is beyond comprehension. If people want to do damage play a damage class why is that such a bad thing you don't see rogues complaining that they can't heal a raid.

they complained they didnt have enough surv, and they have it. They have stronger heals than most hybrids. Bad example. Also who said priest is a healing class? perhaps they should just remove the holy and disc tree, if they want to play a healing class they should, not a damage class. Right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]