Holy Bejeebuz 69K Instant SPriest

85 Orc Shaman
Its because of PvE. Crap like that is not broken in PvE and that is what this game is balanced around. Do not forget that. Also, DoT damage was nerfed and MB/MS damage buffed because of PvE as well. Players were spamming dots on trash pulls and pulling better numbers than they were if they had been using their AoE intended abilities (i.e. Mind Sear). No Priests wanted a DoT nerf and a MB/MS buff.. but Blizzard felt that trash pulls, which are incredibly insignificant in PvE btw, were more important that PvP balance.

Let me map a priority list out for you so that you can refer to it in the future:

1. Money
2. Money
3. PvE
4. Mages
5. Companion pets
6. PvP
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why weren't you training the Priest so hard he couldn't cast MB in the first place? I mean... you're a Warrior.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
So doing 3s tonight at around 2150mmr we happened across a Shadowplay team and I documented being hit as hard as a Frost Mage's Shatter:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5281/69kspriest.jpg

Instant 68,862 damage through 4635 resil (44.5% damage reduction). I have seen mastery stacking Mages hit for these sort of numbers in a Shatter but a SPriest? I wish Warrior could hit that hard with full LttS, all CDs popped and a full rage-bar execute... but sadly I have never seen HALF that amount of damage even on targets with less resil.
Too bad warriors don't have spell reflect, or a way to jump behind LoS.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
02/14/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Gamegenie
, wasn't instant damage, MB is a cast time,

IIRC spike x3 makes MB instant.

So there was casting going on and it is avoidable but the MB would be instant.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
03/08/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Xiun
, wasn't instant damage, MB is a cast time,

IIRC spike x3 makes MB instant.

So there was casting going on and it is avoidable but the MB would be instant.

2 spikes make it instant, but 3 gives it the 90% crit chance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
y so many people fall for necro... :<

3 weeks old is a Necro?

Kids these days...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/08/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Vysh
Too bad warriors don't have spell reflect, or a way to jump behind LoS.

Zero experience lock says 25s Spell Reflect & LoS is the solution for a Warrior vs Shadowplay?

lol

Mabad; must have been a L2P issue on my part since I was interrupting a lock fear at the time and my healer was deathcoiled. I'll see what I can do, thx for the invaluable information...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
02/14/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Gamegenie
Not nit pciking here but, wasn't instant damage, MB is a cast time

umm do you know a spriest rotation because from your comment you dont ....3x ms into instant mb....ring a bell?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/14/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Squirrelnut
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5281/69kspriest.jpg

02/14/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Laurelle
Been an issue for a while - if you're familiar with shadow mechanics you'll usually have a decent idea of when this is coming, but that doesn't really change the fact that mind blast is too much burst. No idea what blizzard were thinking nerfing dots and buffing mind blast halfway through cata...

but cata pvp will be less burst and more "wounded" state

lol mop will fix it
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Not nit pciking here but, wasn't instant damage, MB is a cast time, one that could possibly be avoided with LoS, Pummel, Spell Reflect (Which would have reflected both spells).

Other than that ya hard hit, perfect world scenario for that priest. Shadow Orbs + Trinkets = KAPOW!. Whereas us mages can do it quite often =/

Often = Every 2 minutes with a Mastery trinket proc'd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]