For those not in the know players have joined a massive personal achievement/challenge called the "Iron Man Challenge". For some reason the alliance have been encouraged to roll iron men on this realm, horde on moon guard.
For information head over to : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4452527
*~* THE IRON MAN RULES FOR WYRMREST ACCORD *~*
You know the basic universal rules (listed below just in case) but if you want to be an ironman on Wyrmrest Accord you need to understand there are a whole set of special rules for game play on this realm. What happens if you don't want to follow the extra rules? Well worse case scenario is you will be reported so many times that you will get a temporary play ban, I'm not joking. If you read deeper there are enough players that are more then ready to report you. It could be your name, it could be RP disruption, the bottom line is you need to follow the Wyrmrest Accord rules as diligently as you are following the ironman rules.
The Universal Ironman Challenge Rules
Get from level 1-85 using the rules below.
1. All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
2. No transfer of gear, items or money from any other character (yours or others)
3. No gear enhancement(s), thus no Socket Gems, Enchanting or Reforging. Exceptions exist for class abilities. (example: Rogue poisons)
4. No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.
5. No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
6. No potions/flasks/elixirs (except those labeled as Quest Items)
7. No food buffs or other external buffs (this includes buffs from items and other players).
8. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
9. No dungeons/raids. No battlegrounds/arenas.
10. No guilds. An exception is made for Ironman guilds (no perks)
11. No Refer-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
12. No add-ons that assist in combat (try to challenge yourself and do the most with the least).
13. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.
The extra Wyrmrest Accord Rules
This is after all a RP realm you've rolled on. Not PvE and unlike other RP realms where they used to be PvP or PvE realms and not many actually RP, this is still a very active RP realm. There are a whole load of other RP rules you need to consider with the iron man rules.
Official RP Policy: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/roleplaying-policy
To be a part of ironman and to follow the RP policy set by Blizz please keep to these additional rules:
1. No non-RP names. This mean names containing 'Iron'. 'Iron' names that can be justified with a IC heritage is allowed but unless you're a dwarf it's going to be hard to convince players & GMs.
2. In character (IC) game play. Create a history/personality/physical type for your toon and play it out every time you log in. A great idea from player Aghleann is:
Maybe it's a secret order that literally trains all their recruits in such a matter? I mean it wouldn't be hard to come up with an in character explanation but I would want to see people actually embracing it.
Maybe you've been tossed out of home with nothing but the shirt on your back, perhaps you want to live a more free life after the struggles of combat.... doesn't have to be elaborate.
3. Unless invited, don't disrupt any RP scenarios/events. It's rude.
4. RP does NOT mean sex related interaction. Don't be a child, keep it clean. Harassment is NOT WELCOMED!!
5. RP addons. Please download a RP addon, like TotalRP2, and use that as a means of announcing your ironman title. This will allow you to free up the 'iron' from your names.
With regards to iron name. For kicks and giggles I started with a lame non-RP name, toniestark (hence some of the replies) and I ended up just deleting my character and I re-rolled with a RP name. If you've already rolled a toon with 'iron' in your name and you don't want to restart but you do want to play by the rules, submit a ticket to GM and report your name. There is nothing wrong in saying "I didn't know there was name guidlines, I'm reporting my name." If accepted, when you log on next you'll see a toggle button and once you press that it'll allow you to change your name. Alternatively you could always pst someone who reports non-rp names and they could report your name.
Anyone like to add something here?
*** Please be respectful of all players on this realm ***
*~* HOW ARE YOU GOING? *~*
What's your Ironman/Ironladie's name?
How are you going?
What hairy situation have you faced?
Is this your first or second attempt?
Best of luck Iron peeps