Ironmen & Ironladies

50 Troll Druid
*~* THE BASICS *~*

For those not in the know players have joined a massive personal achievement/challenge called the "Iron Man Challenge". For some reason the alliance have been encouraged to roll iron men on this realm, horde on moon guard.

For information head over to : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4452527

*~* THE IRON MAN RULES FOR WYRMREST ACCORD *~*

You know the basic universal rules (listed below just in case) but if you want to be an ironman on Wyrmrest Accord you need to understand there are a whole set of special rules for game play on this realm. What happens if you don't want to follow the extra rules? Well worse case scenario is you will be reported so many times that you will get a temporary play ban, I'm not joking. If you read deeper there are enough players that are more then ready to report you. It could be your name, it could be RP disruption, the bottom line is you need to follow the Wyrmrest Accord rules as diligently as you are following the ironman rules.

The Universal Ironman Challenge Rules

Get from level 1-85 using the rules below.

1. All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
2. No transfer of gear, items or money from any other character (yours or others)
3. No gear enhancement(s), thus no Socket Gems, Enchanting or Reforging. Exceptions exist for class abilities. (example: Rogue poisons)
4. No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.
5. No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
6. No potions/flasks/elixirs (except those labeled as Quest Items)
7. No food buffs or other external buffs (this includes buffs from items and other players).
8. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
9. No dungeons/raids. No battlegrounds/arenas.
10. No guilds. An exception is made for Ironman guilds (no perks)
11. No Refer-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
12. No add-ons that assist in combat (try to challenge yourself and do the most with the least).
13. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.

The extra Wyrmrest Accord Rules

This is after all a RP realm you've rolled on. Not PvE and unlike other RP realms where they used to be PvP or PvE realms and not many actually RP, this is still a very active RP realm. There are a whole load of other RP rules you need to consider with the iron man rules.

Official RP Policy: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/roleplaying-policy

To be a part of ironman and to follow the RP policy set by Blizz please keep to these additional rules:

1. No non-RP names. This mean names containing 'Iron'. 'Iron' names that can be justified with a IC heritage is allowed but unless you're a dwarf it's going to be hard to convince players & GMs.

2. In character (IC) game play. Create a history/personality/physical type for your toon and play it out every time you log in. A great idea from player Aghleann is:

Maybe it's a secret order that literally trains all their recruits in such a matter? I mean it wouldn't be hard to come up with an in character explanation but I would want to see people actually embracing it.

Maybe you've been tossed out of home with nothing but the shirt on your back, perhaps you want to live a more free life after the struggles of combat.... doesn't have to be elaborate.

3. Unless invited, don't disrupt any RP scenarios/events. It's rude.

4. RP does NOT mean sex related interaction. Don't be a child, keep it clean. Harassment is NOT WELCOMED!!

5. RP addons. Please download a RP addon, like TotalRP2, and use that as a means of announcing your ironman title. This will allow you to free up the 'iron' from your names.

With regards to iron name. For kicks and giggles I started with a lame non-RP name, toniestark (hence some of the replies) and I ended up just deleting my character and I re-rolled with a RP name. If you've already rolled a toon with 'iron' in your name and you don't want to restart but you do want to play by the rules, submit a ticket to GM and report your name. There is nothing wrong in saying "I didn't know there was name guidlines, I'm reporting my name." If accepted, when you log on next you'll see a toggle button and once you press that it'll allow you to change your name. Alternatively you could always pst someone who reports non-rp names and they could report your name.

Anyone like to add something here?

*** Please be respectful of all players on this realm ***

*~* HOW ARE YOU GOING? *~*

What's your Ironman/Ironladie's name?
How are you going?
What hairy situation have you faced?
Is this your first or second attempt?

Best of luck Iron peeps
Edited by Congo on 2/16/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
The mass amount of non-roleplay names angers me to no extent.

Well, this tiny extent ---> [ -- ]
But anger nonetheless!

I can't really talk though, seeing as most people don't see my own name as a roleplaying name.
Reply Quote
The mass amount of non-roleplay names angers me to no extent.

Well, this tiny extent ---> [ -- ]
But anger nonetheless!

I can't really talk though, seeing as most people don't see my own name as a roleplaying name.

What's not RP about Bobbs?
Edited by Aneve on 2/15/2012 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, I could never do that challenge. I die through stupid things. xD

Good luck to those who are, though I would wish that they would RP a little bit. I agree with Aghleann on this, it would add a bit more of a challenge that your Ironman contender be completely IC while he/she undertakes the challenge.

Reply Quote
86 Human Mage
02/15/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Aghleann
Glad to see I'm not the only one confused as to why they pointed people here. I hope for the creator's sake it wasn't just to mess with us. That would be uncool. It's one thing for a PVE player to randomly come here. It's another for them to be funneled here with PVE in mind.

I noticed that someone mentioned that the Horde players are sent to Moon Guard and the Alliance players are sent to our server. I wonder why they chose two of the most active RP servers. Doesn't make much sense to me, given all of the regular old PvE servers there are.

Still, as long as the newcomers aren't obnoxious, I don't mind them.
Reply Quote
25 Gnome Warlock
To all of you who aren't happy we've invaded your server, I am sorry :(

I can't speak for all, but I can promise I will do my very best to not interfere with your play-styles and RP in any way and I will be as friendly as possible when I do interract.

As a side note, this is the first time I've ever been on an RP server (I'm an RP Noob and have zero idea how to even attempt it). It has honestly been exciting for me to see all the activity in even the lowest of areas. Quite refreshing to see players making use of what we PvE goobs never even go to.

Maybe this experience will help me to better understand the whole RP scene :)

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that your enjoyment of the game is incredibly refreshing and great to see!

What's your Ironman/Ironladie's name?
How are you going?
What hairy situation have you face?
Is this your first or second attempt?

Best of luck Iron peeps

And for the questions...

This is my Ironman toon (hope her name isn't too offensive for the server).

It took me 5 attempts to get to level 10 :( But once I passed that hurdle I've been doing great! Only level 20 so far, but hoping to get a lot of levels this weekend.

The worst quest for me so far was the one in the Gnome starting zone where you had to kill that one robot spider thing on the hill. Like 20 level 4 mobs came after little 'ole me and killed me 5 times! The 6th try was a go, though (ohh, I made a rhyme there) so I'm sll good now :)

And, thanks! :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It still bothers me that the person who publicized this is named Selenagnomez.
I'm not quite sure why they chose Wyrmrest Accord. As long as those who join in are capable of complying with the server's norm, I'm fine.

I'm just annoyed with every name that starts with Iron[insert something cliche here, or something that is completely silly].

I want my immersion, guys. Can I have my immersion? It's tough to roleplay in the blue recluse with all you PvPers and non-roleplay namers!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I've been debating doing it, I actually had no idea that we were the server being pointed to... But I have noticed more leveling characters with odd names lately.

Eh, report the bad ones and move on I suppose. Actually, the idea of doing it all IC makes it seem much more interesting. :|6 Hmmm....
Reply Quote
86 Human Mage
To all of you who aren't happy we've invaded your server, I am sorry :(

I can't speak for all, but I can promise I will do my very best to not interfere with your play-styles and RP in any way and I will be as friendly as possible when I do interract.

As a side note, this is the first time I've ever been on an RP server (I'm an RP Noob and have zero idea how to even attempt it). It has honestly been exciting for me to see all the activity in even the lowest of areas. Quite refreshing to see players making use of what we PvE goobs never even go to.

Maybe this experience will help me to better understand the whole RP scene :)

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that your enjoyment of the game is incredibly refreshing and great to see!

This makes me feel much better! I'm glad you're enjoying our server. :D

If any of you ever find yourself interested in learning how to role-play, we'd be happy to show you the ropes. Most of us are very eager to teach others how to RP.

I may try this challenge myself. It's probably a great way to experience ALL of the quests a place has to offer.

02/15/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Loreynna
Actually, the idea of doing it all IC makes it seem much more interesting. :|6 Hmmm....

You can do the entire leveling experience in a tuxedo and monocle!
Edited by Ansirem on 2/15/2012 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@ Raiyyn: Actually, that's a cute name, and could go for a gnome!
(totally not biased because her belf's nickname is Raine, nope, not at all)

Priests aren't very squishy. I think I made it to...
Oh nvm. I died in Ghostlands.
Maybe right before that in Eversong. I kind of lost count.
My bubble got popped a good few times. o_o

I'd hate to be the Ironman that makes it to Hellfire and then accidently aggros the Fel Reaver. I imagine there would be some throwing of the computer at that. o_o
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
02/15/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Raiyyn

Don't apologize! That's really all we can ask from anyone. And, like you said, maybe you'll better understand what goes on here and might decide to try it for yourself one day ('cause, hey, I wasn't always an RPer, either!).

After playing this game for seven years and going through God knows how many alts, I'm not really interested in participating, but I hope everyone who does has a lot of fun with it!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's amusing they chose Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance) and Moon Guard (Horde) servers for this.
Reply Quote
I can't help but wonder if they directed all these people to WRA on purpose to screw with RPers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm participating and taking in my first RP server with respect to the true RPers. I hope everyone else does the same. If you see a druid named Khalador, give him a wave and don't give him a buff!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I saw the name "TonieStark" pop up from an achievement when I was in SW the other day, and rolled my eyes. Now finding out it's a NElf?

Wowie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]