PvP Transmog

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok i bought a set from the lvl 60 PvP gear and i went to trangmog my gear to look like it. But the game wouldnt let me. Anyone know why?
Reply Quote
02/15/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Dathkenar
Ok i bought a set from the lvl 60 PvP gear and i went to trangmog my gear to look like it. But the game wouldnt let me. Anyone know why?

60 pvp gear cannot be mogged unless you had the appropriate vanilla rank.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/15/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Stax

60 pvp gear cannot be mogged unless you had the appropriate vanilla rank.

What do u mean rank?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dath in Vanilla you actually gained ranks...i.e General, Warlord, etc
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
You can't use the lvl 60 pvp gear unless you played vanilla and got the rank you had to have back then to get the gear.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
If you go to nether storm....i dont actually know the name of the npc. But theres an npc that sells replica 60 items you can use to transmog. thats about as close as you are going to get....atleast you didnt waste too much honor on the 60 stuff :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/16/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Theholyangus
If you go to nether storm....i dont actually know the name of the npc. But theres an npc that sells replica 60 items you can use to transmog. thats about as close as you are going to get....atleast you didnt waste too much honor on the 60 stuff :P

Where is he in nether storm?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
you dont have the rank, you wont be eligible for the replica gear. Eventually they will let you transmog into it, they are just letting old school players have their moment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
its rather unfair to PvE players form vannila, its like saying "if you didn't do scarlet monastery when in vanila you can not transmog Herod's shoulder." its just amazing looking gear! why take that away? so the people that grinded for it get a reward while the rest of us who just didn't like PvP get screwed over. had i known that i would get a ability such and transmog and the "privalige" tho transmog it, i would have grinded the hell out of PvP!

Just stupid blizz, just plain out stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
its rather unfair to PvE players form vannila, its like saying "if you didn't do scarlet monastery when in vanila you can not transmog Herod's shoulder." its just amazing looking gear! why take that away? so the people that grinded for it get a reward while the rest of us who just didn't like PvP get screwed over. had i known that i would get a ability such and transmog and the "privalige" tho transmog it, i would have grinded the hell out of PvP!

Terrible analogy.

Rank 10+ required significantly more effort than a lvl 30 instance.. without starting a pve vs pvp debate, i'd equate it to t3 - which is no longer available (outside of bmah).

"so the people that grinded for it get a reward" ...yeh how dare people feel entitled to something they EARNED.

Keeping lvl 60 xmogs exclusive is one of the best calls blizz have made, although I wouldn't complain if they made it account-wide.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
the 60 gear in Org cannot be transmogged at all the
replica gear in Netherstorm Blizzard put in so people with THE APROPRIATE rank in vanilla can transmog there gear.. from what I understand BLizzard has also reinstated the Titles from Vanilla by getting the appropriate RBG rating which is nice

on a side note have you seen the PALLY horde level 60 gear OMG its terrible when compared to the Allie gear nomnom

I agree with Elduster Bliiz was smart doing this.. I only wich I had played my warrior more in Vanilla I only got to GRUNT lol hmm i wonder if I change the name to Forme or Lkapig would I get into trouble o.O
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Please say you have the Jeeeennkkkkkins title

IT would be far more unfair if new,( wotlk etc) players could transmog the SAME warlord/high marshall gear that Vanilla player could Now that would be UNfair
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Terrible analogy.

Rank 10+ required significantly more effort than a lvl 30 instance.. without starting a pve vs pvp debate, i'd equate it to t3 - which is no longer available (outside of bmah).

"so the people that grinded for it get a reward" ...yeh how dare people feel entitled to something they EARNED.

Keeping lvl 60 xmogs exclusive is one of the best calls blizz have made, although I wouldn't complain if they made it account-wide.

Eh, I made the grind to rank 10 and I'd rather it have been available to all people anyway - the change screwed any Rank 10ers who ended up rerolling Blood Elf or Draenei characters during BC, before faction transfers.

Account wide I guess would be an okay alternative, but again, meh.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You can't transmog the armor unless you have the appropriate rank from the original level 60 honor grind.

If you have the feat of strength for at least Knight-Captain in the old honor system you can visit the arena vendors in Netherstorm for replicas that you can transmog.

Blizzard has made the level 60 PvP gear special in this regard. I love them for it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You can't transmog the armor unless you have the appropriate rank from the original level 60 honor grind.

If you have the feat of strength for at least Knight-Captain in the old honor system you can visit the arena vendors in Netherstorm for replicas that you can transmog.

Blizzard has made the level 60 PvP gear special in this regard. I love them for it.

Meh. The only character I have that can use it is this guy, and I don't play him anymore. =(

WTB it at least account-wide! QQ.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I be struttin'. Don't be hatin'.

But yeah. In defense of this decision on Blizzard's part, reaching those ranks and MAINTING them until they were locked out was a nightmare. That is the part nobody ever seems to consider. You could LOSE rank if you took a break from PvP back in Vanilla. If i wasn't raiding MC, I was PvPing. If I wasn't PvPing, I was raiding MC.

Then there were the wait times. A time before cross realm PvP. Anybody remember those frighting wait times? lol Sometimes went on for 30 minutes to over an hour? Sometimes longer! lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I don't understand why Blizz chose R8? All you could get at that rank was some blues not epics....I don't think Blizz should make it R8 it should be if you had a rank in vanilla...idk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]