February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

90 Gnome Death Knight
What happened to the new warlock spell "Wild Imps?" :((
90 Night Elf Rogue
One of these bits we already know the answer to, Zushiba:

02/15/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zushiba
Shuriken Toss, will this apply poison from the ranged weapon slot?

Don't forget, ranged slots are being eliminated in Mists. And all poisons are applied to *both* weapons. (I do wonder whether Shuriken Toss or Deadly Throw will have a chance to apply poisons, though.)

I share your question about Instant Poison, though I'd imagine using IP over DP could have benefits for PvP if you want to be sure that a ticking poison DoT doesn't break your stun.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Looking at the Warlock demonology tree, they seem to be tanks, or atleast a melee spec. Is this intended?
90 Troll Priest
Please give us more information on the new Holy Nova mechanic (assuming there even is one.. O_O)

We don't care if it's going to be more powerful, you might as well be telling us water is still going to be blue in MoP. Tell us how it works -- because right now, it's looking terrible.

Imagine healing with a spell like Theralion's Engulfing Magic. BAD.
Edited by Lôthrik on 2/15/2012 3:34 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
I'm jealous of the update to rogue poisons and, yes, even mage armors. Why do seals still exist in their current state? Censure can easily be baked into baseline single-target attacks. Seal of Righteousness isn't needed now that Ret has a real AoE rotation. AoE attacks can apply Censure as well.

Seal of Truth and Seal of Righteousness are based on melee attacks -- now that Holy rightfully has a spammable, 30 yd range nuke, a Holy Paladin will never be in melee range, even when questing. Seal of Insight is a glorified passive buff for Holy, and useless for Prot and Ret. Seal of Justice has many of us worried because swapping back and forth between seals feels very clunky in PvP; it takes one GCD to apply the snare, and one GCD to go back to maximum damage mode.

I love all the changes to Ret's combat-system, the updated paladin talent calculator looks great, and auras have rightfully been cut. Why, then, do the developers cling to the seal system? It's a relic of Vanilla which, as often as it's updated, never feels quite right. Please either update seals or remove them entirely.
Edited by Hofleurette on 2/16/2012 6:54 AM PST
90 Orc Warrior
Idea for protection warriors: When warriors select protection as their primary talent tree, give them an additional resource to use for defensive abilities, like the current model for protection paladins. Rage would be used for offensive abilities still, but this "new resource" would be used for defensive abilities. I would probably call it something like "Courage" or "Pride." I know it's not a lot to work with, but it is a start.
85 Night Elf Rogue

Shuriken Toss, will this apply poison from the ranged weapon slot?

Don't forget, ranged slots are being eliminated in Mists. And all poisons are applied to *both* weapons. (I do wonder whether Shuriken Toss or Deadly Throw will have a chance to apply poisons, though.)

I share your question about Instant Poison, though I'd imagine using IP over DP could have benefits for PvP if you want to be sure that a ticking poison DoT doesn't break your stun.

Ah you're right. As for the second part you can spec in to ignoring damage from DP Dirty Tricks which any serious PVPer would consider.
90 Orc Warrior
Why did you take out throwdown for warriors??
90 Blood Elf Priest
Please reconsider Holy Nova as Disc's only AoE heal. I really hate the concept of a 10 yard heal from the player. That mean A. Disc has to be moving around a lot, which Disc is bad at or B. We have the worst AoE in any fight where people are not stacked at all. At a minimum it needs to be able to target a person and explode from there, if not have a 40 yard range and just hit the whole raid...

Also, spamming a button as hard as you can is not a fun healing mechanic
85 Dwarf Paladin
Why do seals still exist in their current state? Censure can easily be baked into baseline abilities. Seal of Righteousness isn't needed now that Ret has a real AoE rotation. AoE attacks can apply Censure as well.

Seal of Truth and Seal of Righteousness are based on melee attacks -- now that Holy rightfully has a spammable, 30 yd range nuke, a Holy Paladin will never be in melee range, even when questing. Seal of Insight is a glorified passive buff for Holy Paladins, and useless for Prot and Ret. Seal of Justice has many of us worried because swapping back and forth between seals feels very clunky in PvP; it takes one GCD to apply the snare, and one GCD to go back to maximum damage mode.

I love all the changes to Ret's combat-system, the updated paladin talent calculator looks great, and auras have rightfully been cut. Why, then, do the developers cling to the seal system? It's a relic of Vanilla which, as often as it's updated, never feels quite right. Please either update seals or remove them entirely.

I actually agree in this regard, with the exception of the Healer Seal, which is actually fairly useful during damage lulls where you can melee the boss for mana returns.

But yes, she is correct, seals have no synergy with anything except judgement and only in the sense that you're arbitrarily allowed to use it.

I'm not of the mind to remove them completely, though, just that seals need to do more stuff. For example, if I use Templar's Verdict with Seal of Truth, how about the stack is consumed to do additional burst damage, or perhaps add to the duration of my inquisition buff by 1 second per stack? And with Seal of Righteousness, how about have it a percentage of TV cleave onto a second, nearby target? That'd be an excellent improvement to a seal that, for the most part, has been left on the wayside.
85 Goblin Priest
The priest talent tree is bland, boring, has only ONE new spell graphic (divine star), and just looks pretty lame in general beyond that. I won't be playing my priest all in MoP if we don't get some seriously cool stuff like warlocks, mages, shamans, hunters, paladins, and ect get-, but that's not what pisses me off. What really pisses me off is the final tier talents are SO GOOD (vampiric dominance and vow of unity in particular) that they'll crippling raids that don't have people willing to sacrifice enjoyment for effectiveness by playing a priest.

I hold very little hope that this will change, either. It isn't as though other classes are lacking cool stuff in their talent trees, which makes me think that this is intended- giving priests the same crap they've always had with a few new passive effects along the way, and a few blatantly overpowered talents that will still keep people playing them.
59 Tauren Death Knight
So Necrotic Strike will cost 1 death rune? Not an unholy? You'd better make scourge strike worth using then. Thx.

(pvp stand point, I know "shut up pvp guy")
Community Manager
02/15/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Alona
I think it was the great feedback provided by paladins that got them to step up their game with the paladin trees. It's a shame the same wasn't applied to the priest trees.

Please note: the current iteration of the talent trees just shouldn't be viewed as the result of success or failure of player lobbying efforts or feedback.

I cannot overstate how much we appreciate all of the feedback we get. We spend a lot of time reading it all, and compiling it, and sharing it between teams here. Nonetheless, if the measurement of successful feedback is that the developers implement a suggested idea, then expectations are too high.

We are going to continue to work on all of the talent trees until Mists is released.
Edited by Kaivax on 2/15/2012 3:41 PM PST
85 Orc Warrior
`
Edited by Betka on 6/14/2012 4:38 PM PDT
Noooo! Corpse Explosiooooon!

*falls to knees*

WHYYYYY
85 Goblin Warrior
Warrior talents are just.. They cause me to want to drink, over the archaic throwback - the throwback that makes me want to regurgitate my lunch due to the insidious question of intelligent design come Mists with the current lackluster abilities warriors get compared to every other class currently listed in the calculator. (Yes this was a hyper sentence, Deal with it)

At 75 we get the real insanity of the class in it's whole. Not a single dps effective talent, and everything requires either defensive, shields or is completely worthless in raiding while having minimal impact in pvp.

Paladins at 90 get insanely good new abilities, we have to sacrifice deadly calm, if we want any sort of stun, or some bull crap bleed?

Do the dev's have any idea how to design warriors, or are we going to just be regurgitated feral druids with less abilities / design mechanics? Really?
Really?

As it stands now, DK's with current design implementation with remorseless winter get a free stun, since no one can effectively kite outside of the effect.

Dev's get the crap back to the design board and fix our worthless talent calculator, because right now looking at whats offered, you've turned us into a tanking joke and it is unacceptable.

Here's the killer. With the push on stances effectively meaning something, berserker stance giving 20% to aoe effects and arms giving a straight flush damage. Why do we still have stance dancing to be able to be effective? Why do we have the same mechanics as we did when Wow launched in terms of spell reflection / defensive stance being tied together. How come a fury warrior cant smack a fireball back at the caster with his weapon?

Antiquated mechanics are antiquated. Come back with better designs and bring us into the current incarnation of wow, instead of making us have to deal with crappy forms. If a dps warrior cant go defensive and still be able to do as much damage as a feral cat in bear. Then you have fundamentally flawed the games designs and systems. So fix it.
Edited by Gobnan on 2/15/2012 3:45 PM PST
90 Goblin Warlock
02/15/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zushiba
Anticipation: Will we be able to track the extra combo points that we'd otherwise have no way to track?

It says you gain an "Anticipation charge," so I'm assuming it would be a stacking buff of some kind.
90 Night Elf Rogue

Ah you're right. As for the second part you can spec in to ignoring damage from DP Dirty Tricks which any serious PVPer would consider.

Hmm. Consider, sure, but... it also looks very specific: It only applies to *our* poisons and bleeds. What about DoTs cast on your target by someone else?
90 Worgen Warlock
Warlocks

Can our demons get a definitive direction please?

Either our demons have a specific synergy with each spec, or balance demons so they all do the same DPS but with each having different utilities/buffs/debuffs.

If you are going to continue with a demon/spec, then just take out succy and VW.

If you go the utility route, can we just give the FG to all specs? The defining talent for Demo should me Meta. Demo should be the masters of all demons, not masters of fel guard.

This is something that has been a long time coming.

Cheers.
...... what the heck blizzard... what the heck...

nerfing the gnomish racial to the ground....

and giving it to rogues as a talent choice...

burst of speed talent, increases move speed by 70% for 4 seconds(not gnome talent)

if you are affected by any movement imparing effects, activating this ability will instead remove any such effects and grant immunity to their re-application for 4 seconds

^ that is totally the gnomish racial... (though I think it was only 3 seconds)

x-x
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]