February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

85 Dwarf Paladin
02/15/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Frreeze
For mages, is temporal shield like an immunity to all spells in the next 6 seconds?

Basically, all the damage you receive is turned into a HoT on yourself, you still take the damage but you theoretically restore all of your health after the end of it. You can still be bursted through the HoT and it's not going to save you if your health is already low.
Edited by Diatenium on 2/15/2012 4:53 PM PST
Why did priests get such drastic mana changes while other healers are stuck with exorbitantly high costing spells in comparison?
90 Human Warlock
If you don’t see a favorite spell or mechanic as a class ability, spec ability or talent, then there is a good chance it is becoming a glyph. Examples include Atonement (priest), Gag Order (Warrior), Rude Interruption (Warrior), and the Acts of Sacrifice Cleanse component (Paladin).

Feel free to have a look at the updated calculator, and then discuss it there!

Does that mean holy priests will be glyphing for evangelism so they can make use of the archangel talent? Current that talent has no purpose for holy priests, and I was under the impression that talents were no longer spec dependent.

Does this mean Disc priests can glyph for Divine Hymn?
85 Tauren Druid
02/15/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Ciruela
Why did priests get such drastic mana changes while other healers are stuck with exorbitantly high costing spells in comparison?

Numbers are irrelevant at this time. The costs will be looked at eventually.
90 Worgen Mage
OOB
Mages lose Flame Orb and the once new Arcane Orb but Frost Orb stays, what is the reasoning behind that?
85 Human Mage
Got a question regarding Protection Paladin and Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous

In cataclysm, both abilities are linked and thus share their cooldown, what's more, they have an invisible haste buff baked into them when you choose the Protection spec that reduces their CD from 4.5 sec (which is what normally is for Retribution paladins) to 3.0 secs.

My questions are as follow, is this invisible haste buff still present for Protection Paladins going forward to 5.0, as the new talent tree update currently shows both CS and HoTR having 4.5 sec CDs and thus, actually in game they have a 3.0 sec cooldown -- or do they actually have a 4.5 sec cooldown? And if they have a 4.5 sec CD now, are they still linked or are they now unlinked?

Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous still share a cooldown, with a base of 4.5 seconds for both specs. Sanctity of Battle can lower this cooldown for Retribution.

Edited to add: Protection has a lower cooldown on Avenger’s Shield and Consecration, which will also be used rotationally. Retribution paladins can again use Exorcism at all times (not just when Art of War procs). Holy Power should be more regular for both specs. Our intent is that both Retribution and Protection reach their finishing moves more frequently. Both specs may have the occasional unused GCD, but should have fewer occurrences of such than they do today.

I know that rotation is important to you guys, but not only should you have left Inquisition alone (available for all specs), but you should have given Prot another offensive ability to spend HPs on. :*(

85 Tauren Warrior
• For shaman and hunters, we still have a ways to go with the revamp of talents, and this latest calculator doesn’t have some of the changes that we’re currently working on.

Hunter and Shaman talents, as it stands, are fine in comparison to the GROSS overworking of PvP talents for warlocks. Focus on that first, please.

The first four tiers of warlock talents are almost primarily PvP oriented. The first tier selection is all health improvement. Via a buff or or spell casts healing you, almost entirely PvP.

The second tier, again primarily PvP, with Shadow Fury being the only partly viable skill if adds in a PvE scenario get out of hand.

The third tier, damage reduction or immunity- not a bad selection but again, Sacrificial Pact and Dark Bargain hold little true usefulness in PvE. It does have -some- merit, so I am not entirely discrediting it.

The fourth tier is, once more, of little use in PvE compared to other classes selections. Burning Rush I can see as not actually being of PvP value for the simple fact that it causes damage to one's self as long as it's active. Blood Fear, a 20 second fear- not a whole lot of need for that unless solo. Unbound Will does have some use in PvE when its user hits a snag. But once again... a vast majority of merit lies in PvP scenario.

As it stands, the current talent choices for warlocks -will- make them monsters in PvP. While hindering them in PvE. As I recall, this is intended to be a dual-effort.
90 Goblin Warlock
02/15/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Megamagas
Probably a silly question, but the level 80 shaman skill Grace of Air says it grants "5 Mastery" to party and raid members. Is it supposed to be 5%?

I'm pretty sure they do in fact mean 5 points of mastery. So for Mages, Mana Adept increases damage by up to 1.5% per point of mastery, meaning that 5 mastery will increase our damage by up to 7.5%. My question is though, does Grace of Air stack with Mage Armor (which also gives 5 mastery)? An extra 10 mastery (up to +15% damage) would be amazing.

Ah, I didn't see that part of Mage Armor. I could chalk it up to a typo if it was just that one skill, but you're probably right if it's in more than one.
85 Dwarf Paladin

Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous still share a cooldown, with a base of 4.5 seconds for both specs. Sanctity of Battle can lower this cooldown for Retribution.

Edited to add: Protection has a lower cooldown on Avenger’s Shield and Consecration, which will also be used rotationally. Retribution paladins can again use Exorcism at all times (not just when Art of War procs). Holy Power should be more regular for both specs. Our intent is that both Retribution and Protection reach their finishing moves more frequently. Both specs may have the occasional unused GCD, but should have fewer occurrences of such than they do today.

I know that rotation is important to you guys, but not only should you have left Inquisition alone (available for all specs), but you should have given Prot another offensive ability to spend HPs on. :*(

I agree with you on this, but I think giving Prot Inquisition doesn't seem like the ideal choice, they should probably get Divine Storm instead--at least, I assume you're coming from the angle that prot needs more stuff to do with their holy power in an AE situation.
85 Tauren Druid
02/15/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Frreeze
Megamagas, does that mean if i get hit by a 20k frostbolt, i will be healed for 20k and take the damage? or not take the damage and get healed? Also, what if I have 30k health and get hit for 40k, will I die even with the shield up?

Hit for 20k.
Healed for 20k over 6 seconds.

Hit for 40k with only 30k life.
Dies.

This seems to be the way the 'shield' should work. It will not prevent you from taking the damage, but instead undo (heal) the damage dealt over 6 seconds. In this context it really should not be called a shield. Call it a cloak or something.
85 Dwarf Paladin
02/15/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Frreeze
Also i am loving rune of power! Evocation isnt needed with this since it lasts for a min with a 10 sec cool down. 15 percent more damage for all casters in the area. Love this spell

I'm fairly certain the spell damage increase only affects you, although it's unclear if you can put two runes on top of each-other and double the effect it does.
85 Human Mage

I agree with you on this, but I think giving Prot Inquisition doesn't seem like the ideal choice, they should probably get Divine Storm instead--at least, I assume you're coming from the angle that prot needs more stuff to do with their holy power in an AE situation.

Mhm. Or something that might compensate for losing Sacred Duty.
90 Troll Shaman
02/15/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Frreeze
Megamagas, does that mean if i get hit by a 20k frostbolt, i will be healed for 20k and take the damage? or not take the damage and get healed? Also, what if I have 30k health and get hit for 40k, will I die even with the shield up?

It means that as long as you don't die in the 4 seconds after using the spell, you will get all the health you lost in that 4 seconds back over the next 6 seconds. You can still die in that 4 seconds, and you can still take damage in the 6 seconds after that.

So if you cast the shield and take 20k damage in the next 4 seconds, you'll get 20k health back over the next 6 seconds, unless you had less than 20k health to start with, in which case you would be dead before the healing kicked in.
90 Human Warlock
Question: Why didn’t the priest tree change?
Answer: We are still in development. It is a challenge, when giving players a sneak peak at work in progress, to decide when to release what we have versus waiting to accumulate even more changes.

Q: Do Discipline priests have Prayer of Healing or not?
A: Our current design direction is this: Holy does AE healing with Prayer of Healing, and Discipline heals with (a much more powerful than today) Holy Nova. Divine Aegis would work with Holy Nova under this model. However, please see the question above. The priest tree is still in heavy development.

More accurately, holy prietss do AoE healing with Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing, Holy word Sanctuary and Divine Hymn. Disc priests are going to have just holy nova. That's a huge difference in the two specs and their ability to deal with aoe damage.

02/15/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Ironmauler
Hunter and Shaman talents, as it stands, are fine in comparison to the GROSS overworking of PvP talents for warlocks. Focus on that first, please.

... shamans can't even see their level 90 talents yet.

Of course everybody thinks their own class/es should have priority, but don't say our trees are 'fine' when they're not even complete yet.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]