February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

89 Night Elf Death Knight
• If you don’t see a favorite spell or mechanic as a class ability, spec ability or talent, then there is a good chance it is becoming a glyph. Examples include Atonement (priest), Gag Order (Warrior), Rude Interruption (Warrior), and the Acts of Sacrifice Cleanse component (Paladin).

To ask, when will we be seeing the rework of the glyph system? I have asked several times before, hoping for some kind of feedback as best able on this; the game has pretty lackluster things for certain, current glyphs. The glyph system is rather new, to say it: what kind of hints can be provided at this point as far as the rework goes?

Having some abilities not listed in the other bullet points being turned into glyphed abilities is dependent upon what our glyph slot system looks like. As in, a Tank spec will need certain glyphs to tank effectively and properly.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Hooray for Soul Reaper! Now make it deal shadowfrost damage ;)
Edited by Lamprey on 2/15/2012 1:31 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't see tree form listed under the spells or spec :(

or is it tied in with:

Incarnation?

If so that kinda make's that talent mandatory for raiding resto druids (among other resto druids) as this is a big cooldown for us.

90 Orc Death Knight
Hunter and Shaman talents/new abilities seem amazing. Can't wait to turn into a Flame Ascendant as Ele :)
90 Blood Elf Rogue
So much awesome new rogue talents. SHROUD OF GG.

And Shurikens.

its like christmas!
Edited by Genibus on 2/15/2012 1:35 PM PST
- World of Warcraft
90 Undead Death Knight
The Death Knight changes are looking much better.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Step and prep still on same tier really sigh

Is the imp kick talent from combat now a glyph?
Edited by Alyx on 2/15/2012 1:35 PM PST
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I have so much to say about the priest talents but let me sum up how I feel in a single word:

Disappointment.

First of all, it looks like it was barely touched since you last put the talent trees up. Okay, that's fine. Maybe it didn't get the fine-toothed comb treatment like the other classes got. However, from what I saw of the last thread there was a -ton- of great priest feedback regarding these talents and not a single thing was really changed based on it.

Why is the levitate talent even still there? How is that going to be a useful skill? You cannot use levitate in combat because if you get hit, it removes the effect. So essentially this is going to be relegated to those few times you're fishing on darkmoon island and want to run more quickly to some floating wreckage to get there before the rest of the crowd.

I'm really sorry but when I look at the paladin tree and then back at the priest tree all I can do is frown in disappointment. You're doing so much to help the other healing classes seem new and fresh again and priests are clearly going to be more of the same. I see more POH spamming, I see more bubble spamming related stuff. That's totally fine, I enjoy playing my class enough so that keeping it the same is fine and familiar to me. But it does seem a little, I don't know, unfair when you see all the great stuff coming to other healing classes.

Also with regards to void shift, how is this going to be manageable when it comes to people using it to grief? People complain enough as it is with lifegrip and that's a party-based tool that doesn't actually take HP away from anyone. Now you're putting something in where, for example, in PVP a priest with low health can swap with a higher health mage standing next to them. Mage dies, priest survives because of it. How is that fair to the other person on their team? I'm not saying that it's purely a griefing tool because I see uses for it outside of that - obviously - but you have to consider the worst when you put things like that into action.

I just don't know. I have a lot of feelings. I would actually like to test these changes to get a feel for them before I really make a judgment one way or another, but this is disheartening. I know it's still pre-alpha and it's possible that resources were too busy elsewhere, but still. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt though and I'll be patient for the next release and the beta so I can actually play without making a 100% judgment one way or another.
Edited by Alona on 2/15/2012 1:36 PM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
Glaive Toss looks soooo awesome! Hopefully...it stays!
100 Orc Shaman
I'm extremely excited for all of these changes. Awesome work dudes.

That said, you mentioned glyphs taking over passive abilities like Atonement. I love that design as well, but could you guys go ahead and toss up a potential glyph list when you get a chance?

I love being able to watch along as you guys go through all of these changes, but not being able to see the changing glyphs is kinda like a missing piece of the puzzle that we're watching you guys put together.

<3
100 Tauren Shaman
Here is hoping for a cool animation for Ascendence. I want to be made of water.....
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't see tree form listed under the spells or spec :(

or is it tied in with:

Incarnation?

If so that kinda make's that talent mandatory for raiding resto druids (among other resto druids) as this is a big cooldown for us.

All of the talents in that tier are big cooldowns, ideally they'll all be equal in power. I know, as a moonkin, each of the cooldowns will have their own niche in different fights. Incarnation would be great for a fight that requires burst, Soul of the forest would be better for longer dps races, treants are probably going to be in the same boat as the former.

I like what I see, hopefully the numbers keep the choices relatively equal/dependent on situations.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm really unhappy about the DK talents because Corpse Explosion seems to have been removed. I was really really looking forward to having an awesome spell like that again. It'd be cool if it was for unholy DKs only or something instead of being put back into the tree, since Vile Spew looks very good.
Edited by Velyndina on 2/15/2012 1:38 PM PST
100 Undead Priest
Holy gets Prayer of healing, Disc gets Holy Nova.

Hopefully Holy Nova gets a bit of a revamp.

And still no sign of Devouring Plauge.

Edit: And about Void shift and the worries about it being another griefing tool...they could go the way of the red mage and have it be an ability that swaps health and mana...like the priest has 100% health and 1% mana, uses void shift and has 1% health and 100% mana.
Edited by Psychomantis on 2/15/2012 1:40 PM PST
90 Pandaren Mage
New Mage stuff looks pretty awesome and actually interesting compared to the way it looks before. I especially love the lvl 90 talents.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Step and prep still on same tier really sigh

Is the imp kick talent from combat now a glyph?

Its not even a choice, and its pretty obvious which one to take.
90 Night Elf Druid
In the Druid level 60 tier, Force of Nature seems a bit lacking compared to the other two :/

I'm afraid they will have to get a massive buff to compete with the other 2 talents, that are straight up DPS boosts. It's a shame, because I like my treants; I hope I will still be able to pick them without gimping myself.
90 Orc Death Knight
02/15/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Velyndina
I'm really unhappy about the DK talents because Corpse Explosion seems to have been removed. I was really really looking forward to having an awesome spell like that again.

I imagine that Vile Spew will essentially be the same.

Though it seems a little weak. So maybe they should bring back Corpse Explosion.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I have so much to say about the priest talents but let me sum up how I feel in a single word:

Disappointment.

First of all, it looks like it was barely touched since you last put the talent trees up. Okay, that's fine. Maybe it didn't get the fine-toothed comb treatment like the other classes got. However, from what I saw of the last thread there was a -ton- of great priest feedback regarding these talents and not a single thing was really changed based on it.

Why is the levitate talent even still there? How is that going to be a useful skill? You cannot use levitate in combat because if you get hit, it removes the effect. So essentially this is going to be relegated to those few times you're fishing on darkmoon island and want to run more quickly to some floating wreckage to get there before the rest of the crowd.

I'm really sorry but when I look at the paladin tree and then back at the priest tree all I can do is frown in disappointment. You're doing so much to help the other healing classes seem new and fresh again and priests are clearly going to be more of the same. I see more POH spamming, I see more bubble spamming related stuff. That's totally fine, I enjoy playing my class enough so that keeping it the same is fine and familiar to me.

Also with regards to void shift, how is this going to be manageable when it comes to people using it to grief? People complain enough as it is with lifegrip and that's a party-based tool that doesn't actually take HP away from anyone. Now you're putting something in where, for example, in PVP a priest with low health can swap with a higher health mage standing next to them. Mage dies, priest survives because of it. How is that fair to the other person on their team? I'm not saying that it's purely a griefing tool because I see uses for it outside of that - obviously - but you have to consider the worst when you put things like that into action.

I just don't know. I have a lot of feelings. I would actually like to test these changes to get a feel for them before I really make a judgment one way or another, but this is disheartening. I know it's still pre-alpha and it's possible that resources were too busy elsewhere, but still. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt though and I'll be patient for the next release and the beta so I can actually play without making a 100% judgment one way or another.

Uh the pally tree looks pretty great.

SACRED SHIELD YEAHHHHHHHH

That's what I'm saying. Your tree looks amazing and the priest tree, by comparison, looks bland. And I'm not saying that to try and bring the paladin tree down - you guys deserve fun toys. But the priest tree is just...I don't even know how to bring it to words.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]