February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

100 Gnome Warrior
re: War Banner, level 87 warrior skill available in all specs

I really really really don't want totems as a warrior. It goes against the mobile nature of the class to tether us to a spot in the ground. Absolutely didn't like the mechanic when playing my shaman before deleting him.

That said, I see (Passive) next to the ability name now so it looks like it's being reworked. *crosses fingers*

Also excited to see Mass Spell Reflection. That was an awesome talent in WotLK. Will be fun to have it back.
Edited by Ro on 2/15/2012 5:11 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'm wondering if I'm going to log on sometime in the near future to the message "Please choose a new class, Priest class no longer exists" - because that's the message I get from this new talent build. "We don't care about giving you new interesting things...we might even kill some of your old abilities while we're at it!"

1) It seems to me that Phantasm is the lvl30 talent geared more to shadow priests (and Path of the Devout is only useful out of battle anyways) but why do we need another way to get rid of movement impairing effects? Dispersion already does that - with decreased damage as well. Not to mention, I use Fade in Dungeons to decrease my aggro so the tank can do his job and I can keep melting face - but in order to dps I almost always have to *stand still* because my heavy hitting spells do not facilitate movement...which brings me to...

2) Devouring Plague. It's gone. It was one of the only instant cast damage dealing spells - and no, I don't count chanelled spells since you have to *stay in place* to do appreciable damage with them. It's a pretty important spell when you deal with enemies who constantly cast silence or require mobility from the priest. Not to mention - it's a DOT! Hello versatile dps options!

3) I'm pretty upset that Vampiric Embrace - a critical passive imo - is gone, and then reappears at level 90 - and its replacement is only good for 3 people, rather than their party. Oh, and it's basically /giving us back an old, nerfed talent/, rather than giving us something new and exciting to look forward to with level 90. Why not let us keep the passive heals and give us a Shadowfiend upgrade for lvl 90? *Something* that lets us improve the way we dps?

I read the recent dev. watercooler blog about the 'role of role', and ended up sighing a little that priests (particularly shadow priests) were described as that class that brings utility but bland dps overall compared to other dps classes. Now, I love my priest, but I was looking forward to the talent revamp and hoping that someone might consider that priests - while we like utility - also like dps and might want to build our characters that way. But this not only doesn't seem to give us that opportunity to choose - it actively takes away from our utility as far as I can see, with the versatile moves being taken out across the board - and I'm not sure *why* you bothered making it so that talents aren't tied to a specific class since most of the talents you've placed there are of such limited utility that it's obvious you only want to pick them if you're a healer/dps.

I can only hope that the blues are right and that there is /heavy/ work being done on the priest tree, since I don't see the changes as of now interesting, exciting, or good for the way I play my class at all.
100 Night Elf Priest
I'm looking forward to the new selectable talent system, however I'm concerned about how my class will play with some of the other talent shifts.

Currently I heavily rely on Mind spike and Mind Blast as a discipline priest for self defense or adding pressure in BGs or Arena. Losing those has be casting Smite in its place... which has a longer cast time, lower damage, and lacks the stacking +crit chance for Mind Blast. I doubt I'll be able to clear anyone under this system.

Also, binding heal is one of my most used battleground healing spells. I'm going to feel absolutely lost without it.
02/15/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Megamagas
For mages, is temporal shield like an immunity to all spells in the next 6 seconds?

I think it's kinda like a reverse Cauterize. You pop TS, you take damage, and the damage you take during those 4 seconds is undone (basically healed) over 6 seconds.
thats what it sounded like to me.

02/15/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Megamagas
Probably a silly question, but the level 80 shaman skill Grace of Air says it grants "5 Mastery" to party and raid members. Is it supposed to be 5%?

I'm pretty sure they do in fact mean 5 points of mastery. So for Mages, Mana Adept increases damage by up to 1.5% per point of mastery, meaning that 5 mastery will increase our damage by up to 7.5%. My question is though, does Grace of Air stack with Mage Armor (which also gives 5 mastery)? An extra 10 mastery (up to +15% damage) would be amazing.
o-0 oh jeeze.... lol yeah it would be amazing!
90 Goblin Mage
I did notice one ability that threw me off: how on earth is the new DK 88 ability going to balanced in pvp?
100 Human Warlock

Also, binding heal is one of my most used battleground healing spells. I'm going to feel absolutely lost without it.

This - please give binding heal back to disc priests. I use it in pvp and pve, it's a incredibly useful spell.
Community Manager
Mostly taken from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4063167982 --

Question: What is "base mana regeneration"? How does mana regen work for casters (or mages)?
Answer: Healers get a significant amount of mana regeneration from Spirit, even during combat. Additionally, all mana users have a small amount of mana regeneration -- currently about 1% of maximum mana per second. With Invocation, that 1%/sec is removed. Things like Innervate will still allow you to regenerate mana, but you won’t passively regenerate any with Invocation.

Question: What is the range for Alter time concerning the "moves too far away" part?
Answer: 100 yards. It’s mostly just to indicate that it won’t reverse taking a portal to Dalaran or something.

Question: Is AM a proc?
Answer: Yes, Arcane Missiles is still activated via a proc from your other direct damage spells.

Question: Does Arcane Bomb have a target limit?
Answer: Currently, no. We’re hoping it won’t be needed.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
It seems like Crusader Strike, which has been the primary source of Holy Power for Ret since HPs introduction, no longer gives HP based on the tooltip. However, according to a recent blue post, CS will still be sharing a cooldown with it's AoE couterpart, Hammer of the Righteous. HotR does give a charge of HP.

Is Crusader Strike's lack of HP granting intended, or an oversight?
Edited by Bloodsmash on 2/15/2012 5:16 PM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
We’ve just updated our [url="http://ow.ly/94f5N"]Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator[/url] to reflect many of the most recent changes and renovations currently being made to the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

We’d like to discuss these and other changes to talents and specializations in this thread. Here are a couple of thoughts to start with:

• For shaman and hunters, we still have a ways to go with the revamp of talents, and this latest calculator doesn’t have some of the changes that we’re currently working on.
• If you don’t see a favorite spell in the talent list, there is a good chance it is something you get automatically for choosing a particular spec. For example, all Fury warriors learn Raging Blow without having to choose it as a talent. All Discipline priests know Divine Aegis. Chances were almost certain that you were going to choose those anyway so we just gave them to you.
• If you don’t see a favorite spell or mechanic as a class ability, spec ability or talent, then there is a good chance it is becoming a glyph. Examples include Atonement (priest), Gag Order (Warrior), Rude Interruption (Warrior), and the Acts of Sacrifice Cleanse component (Paladin).

Feel free to have a look at the updated calculator, and then discuss it there!
Will druids still have tree of life?
85 Tauren Druid
02/15/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Targetkills
Will druids still have tree of life?

Tree of life is part of the Incarnation talent for restoration druids.
100 Tauren Death Knight
02/15/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Terrorific
I did notice one ability that threw me off: how on earth is the new DK 88 ability going to balanced in pvp?

Well, you have to be under 35% health first before it does that kindo of damage. Anyways, I think clothies will be the only ones who end up getting wrecked by this.

Another point: most classes are getting huge pvp buffs. Look at the rogue ability, for example.
90 Night Elf Warrior
The warrior talents are much improved... the biggest concern still remaining... why must storm bolt replace heroic throw? At least with gag order as a glyph there aren't conflicting talents any more, but the better solution is to make storm bolt at standalone ability... if needed have something like a 10 second shared cooldown in addition to the overall cooldown of each ability, this would preserve the ability for warriors to pull with heroic throw while using storm bolt as a concussion blow replacement. As it stands now prot warriors who spec storm bolt to replace the loss of concussion blow must give up heroic throw to do so... it seems an odd tradeoff, one I suspect is only being made for pvp purposes despite its PvE impact.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey, can we do away with the [name's] [noun] abilities? Omfg trite and poorly done. Archimonde's Vengeance, Malfurion's Gift, Fury Of Stormrage, Rage Of Rivendare, and those are just off of the top of my head. Please discontinue naming stuff like this, this isn't RPG Maker 2000 designed by teenagers.
85 Tauren Warrior
... shamans can't even see their level 90 talents yet.

Of course everybody thinks their own class/es should have priority, but don't say our trees are 'fine' when they're not even complete yet.

"As it stands" are my exact words, I believe. A decent balance of what shamans have already, is there- Despite being incomplete. Where as warlocks don't have that.
100 Human Warlock
The description for spirit sheel seems contradictory. It says that the shell lasts until cancelled, but then goes on to say if the shell is untouched and expires it will heal back 80% of the aborb value. How can it expire if it lasts until cancelled? Does the healing only occur if the shell is cancelled by the target?
02/15/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Kaivax
Healers get a significant amount of mana regeneration from Spirit, even during combat. Additionally, all mana users have a small amount of mana regeneration -- currently about 1% of maximum mana per second. With Invocation, that 1%/sec is removed. Things like Innervate will still allow you to regenerate mana, but you won’t passively regenerate any with Invocation.

Well, I'm relieved. The fact that dps get a small amount of mana regen at 1% max mana/second means that as a healer, my regen will be significantly higher, assuming that I'm interpreting these adjectives correctly. Would 10% max mana per second in fresh level 90 gear with mediocre levels of spirit be too high an estimate? Because that seems like it'd be reasonable for healing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]