February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

Community Manager

Does that mean holy priests will be glyphing for evangelism so they can make use of the archangel talent? Current that talent has no purpose for holy priests, and I was under the impression that talents were no longer spec dependent.

Evangelism is a spec spell for both Holy and Disc (at least for the moment – things could still change). The talent calculator appears to be incorrect on this.

Shadow has Dark Evangelism.
90 Human Mage
I like the final tier of mage talents; they look more like the sort of game-changing talents that the final tier druid talents appear to be, and that gets me excited about the talent system.

Where'd Blast Wave go? Glyph on Flamestrike?
85 Blood Elf Rogue
time to troll the forums! jk
90 Draenei Shaman
Far be it for me to announce im leaving the game but honestly looking at those talents, thats it for me. I accepted the fact WoW is catering more and more to casuals and spoon feed you everything, but taking out all talents to have those options, screw that, I love the current talent system and will not be playing when MoP comes out.

For shame, had some fun during those 8 years, but thats that.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I'm excited. Feedback at work!
90 Human Paladin
I really hope You guys did not forgot the old Divine sacrifice the one that used to redirect party dmg to the paladin... that was seriously an amazing ability blizz should put it back somewhere between the new talent points for real... :D
86 Night Elf Druid
These changes are great. It definitely feels that you could bring 3 resto druids and each would have something they could offer that is unique to the raid.

Good job Blizzard!
Community Manager
Question-that's-actually-an-exclamation: But we loved Corpse Explosion!

Answer: Yes. You do. So do we. Unfortunately, requiring a corpse felt like too steep a requirement for a competitive talent. We would like to still add Corpse Explosion in some form as a glyph. In the meantime, hey presto! - Unholy Blight is back.
90 Draenei Shaman
Where's Telluric Currents? I live by that spell. It would have worked nice with Ancestral Guidance.
Why do Druids and Paladins have a 400% mana pool increase, but shamans and priests (that I can see) don't? And while on the subject... 400%?!?!? That's a whole lot of mana!
85 Human Paladin
Question-that's-actually-an-exclamation: But we loved Corpse Explosion!Answer: Yes. You do. So do we. Unfortunately, requiring a corpse felt like too steep a requirement for a competitive talent. We would like to still add Corpse Explosion in some form as a glyph. In the meantime, hey presto! - Unholy Blight is back.

Still no eyes of the beast though and as I said before the awesome concept of ammo is gone too =(.
While it looks like we're getting some blue posts, let me ask some Priest questions.

How exactly will Shadow Orbs work? I didn't actually see the Shadow Orbs themselves in the Shadow skill list, I only saw the mastery that affects Shadow Orbs. Will they still have their horrid proc chance, or will it be higher? Will there be a cap to the number of Shadow Orbs that will be consumed by Mind Blast? Is Empowered Shadows (the DoT buff after consuming an orb) still there? I hope not, cause it led to really obnoxious rampup times for Shadow. And with Mind Spike working the same as it currently does, extinguishing DoTs, how will Mind Melt even compete with Power Infusion or Twist of Fate? Is Mind Spike's niche still only killing adds that won't live long enough for DoTs? If so, then Mind Melt is way too situational unless every fight is going to have adds like that.

Holy still doesn't have a way to use Archangel. Will Evangelism become baseline for all Priests, with Shadow getting Dark Evangelism (the tooltip for Archangel has changed back from Shadow Orbs to Dark Evangelism)? Divine Aegis still has Prayer of Healing listed on it, is that just a tooltip error from using an outdated tooltip?
Community Manager
Question: Does Holy Insight mean Intellect plate is going away?

Answer: No. That passive (and appropriate classes should have an equivalent) gives casters larger mana pools than non-casters of the same class. Mana no longer increases with Intellect, but we still want to make sure that, for example, a Holy paladin can cast more heals than a Retribution paladin.
90 Troll Warrior
02/15/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Inek
Why do Druids and Paladins have a 400% mana pool increase, but shamans and priests (that I can see) don't? And while on the subject... 400%?!?!? That's a whole lot of mana!

Hopefully this will tie into a removal of plate/leather int gear.
85 Tauren Druid

We are moving to a static mana model so many speculate that Shamans, Priest, Mages, and Locks will be getting the bigger mana pools at base as their specs are more magically inclined and use mana exclusively whereas Paladins and Druids have more or an equal number of melee-ish specs.

Edit:
Shaman may be an oversight.
Edited by Koaleaf on 2/15/2012 5:53 PM PST
87 Human Mage
Frostbolt still needs a cast time reduction. I like that FoF stacks to 3 now, although admittedly I don't know if it was like that in the previous build and I just didn't notice it.

Cold Snap doesnt seem worth it over Greater Invis for PvP simply because the extra roots won't really assist too much. I don't see Imp CoC anywhere, but I could be blind.

Overall, I think you're moving in a great direction. Nice work Blizz.
90 Draenei Death Knight

My best guess is that your base mana pool will vary by class. Because priests and shamans are basically caster classes, their natural mana pool will be larger than that of druids and paladins. Otherwise, you'd have ret paladins and guardian druids with healer-size mana pools. However, because balance and resto druids and holy paladins need more mana to function, they get a huge increase to mana pool size to make up for it.

Remember, intellect won't give you mana in Mists. What you have is what you have.

As a concrete example, say a paladin has a base mana of 100, while a priest or mage has a base of 400. That would mean that the holy paladin also has 400 mana.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]