February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

85 Night Elf Druid
Changes look pretty good for druid, but I still wanna know what Force of Nature will do for each spec. I love my treants, but what they do will have an effect on wheather I choose them or not.
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
I'll break this down into sections for easier reading:

Mage

With the exception of the level 45 and level 60 talents, these all seem exceedingly tied to each spec, such that barring some bizarre PvP setup, most players are going to choose the talent that matches that spec (Scorch for Fire mages, Presence of Mind for arcane, and Ice Flows for Frost since frost has virtually zero mobility with regard to its spells). These are nice talents in and of themselves, but there really isn't a great feeling of "choice" between them other than the two tiers mentioned. This has the effect of making the talents for mages seem forced rather than fun.

Hunter

The talents here are a bit more choice filled, with only a couple tiers feeling like they're permanently attached to a spec (LV 30 and LV 60). From what I can see, these talent choices offer more variety, especially for PvP, than the Mage talents above do. I can see myself testing out quite a few builds to see which I like most. I can even see myself having two of the same specs with differing talent tree selections for AoE and single target scenarios. I have choice. This talent tree feels good, and just needs LV 30 and LV 60 to have more variety, as those talents are just too tied into their respective specializations.

Paladin

Tier 1 (LV 15): The talents, while nice, are all speed related, with PoJ winning hands down since all three specs rely on holy power for their abilities. There's really no contest between a once per minute 70% speed boost for eight seconds, a 45% speed boost for three seconds on judgement, or a permanent 10% speed boost with a bonus 10% per charge of holy power. This tier is not a fun choice, it's no choice.

Tier 2 (LV 30): Repentance available to any spec? Cool! Burden of Guilt? That's our gap closer for PvP we've been waiting so long to get. Yay! Fist of Justice...needs some clarification. It replaces Hammer of Justice, a ranged spell, and the talent does not indicate whether or not this version is melee range only or up to X yards away. It has half the duration of the HoJ ability, but without some tooltip clarification, it leads one to believe it's melee only which makes it rather subpar, especially assuming Rebuke survives into MoP.

Tier 3 (LV 45): All healing related talents, with different flavors. Could make for interesting setups for Retribution and Prot, but not really much in the way of a fun choice for Holy. Because Selfless healer requires judging, something Holy hates having to constantly do, it's a nonstarter. Sacred Shield, while nice on paper, requires a full 3 charge Holy Power, making it rather situational for Holy. Eternal Flame seems to win out here without much contest simply for ease of use and as a buffer to ease pressure on the healer.

Tier 4 (LV 60): Possible interesting setups, but only really for Prot or Ret. Again Holy really doesn't have much of a choice - Hand of Purity wins hands down as Unbreakable Spirit requires constant Holy Power expenditure to be even remotely useful, and only Prot and Ret spend Holy Power constantly - Holy saves it for when they need a big heal or a specialized ability to be used. Clemency's cooldown is much too long at five minutes, meaning that its only real use is going to be in Arenas as a one-off minor version of Cold Snap for Paladins.

Tier 5 (LV 75): What's going on with Holy Avenger? It is a LV 75 talent, but affects a LV 85 ability, making it utterly useless for ten full levels. A bit of an oversight somewhere. Divine Purpose is situational due to RNG, and not nearly as likely to be chosen as Sanctified Wrath, which grants each spec unlimited use of their primary spec-driven ability during Avenging Wrath's duration. I expect much back and forth balancing Ret and Prot with this one before it settles into something balanced.

Tier 6 (LV 90): The first two are really Holy-centric. Only the last one has any real use outside of Holy, for its damage aspect. There's some choice here, but it could be a little bit better.

Shaman

I can see these are a WIP. The choices seem relatively solid, if not a bit one sided in terms of mechanics, but appear fun. The LV 75 talents have me a bit worried though. They're all designed around healers, with only Ancestral Guidance having any use to either damage spec (Fortifying Waters has use for Enhancement's instant cast nature spells for Healing Rain's damage reduction, however). Here's hoping the LV 90 talents are more refined than the LV 75 talents.

Warrior

Tier 1 (LV 15): I see Double Time being far, far more useful than Juggernaut in the long run, and Warbringer only being really useful for PvP or specific PvE encounters where mobs are susceptible to stuns/knockdowns.

Tier 2 (LV 30): I can see tanks having to really make a choice between Enraged Regeneration and Second Wind. Impending Victory seems more suited to PvP or solo leveling and feels moderately situational.

Tier 3 (LV 45): I see Staggering Shout not being picked up by many since it requires prep (a snare) before it can be used, thus requiring either something like Hamstring first or another player's snares to be active on the target(s). Piercing Howl feels situational as well, being mainly useful for kiting, while Disrupting Shout has the most benefit, especially in PvP (expect to see it nerfed somehow for PvP).

Continued in next post...
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Continued from previous post:

Druid

Tier 1 (LV 15): Feline Swiftness has half the speed boost that its equivalant has today, so I don't see this being picked up much. Displacer Beast, while an interesting concept, requires too much setup to be useful in the heat of battle. Wild Charge, however, has massive utility for the Druid depending on their current form. I can see tanks shifting out of bear form to caster form, using WC and teleporting to their healer, and shifting back to Bear Form to peel the mob off the healer (etc.). Moonkin Form's activated ability however, needs something better than a Disengage effect. I would suggest charging the target, stunning them momentarily and rebounding behind the target by 20 or 30 yards. A Disengage isn't terribly useful for Moonkin since they typically cast at max range, and this puts them out of casting range.

Tier 2 (LV 30): These are interesting choices for Resto Druids, but almost worthless to the other three specs. This is bound to give the feeling of "what do I get out of this at LV 30 that sustains me until I reach LV 45?" to a lot of players.

Tier 3 (LV 45): I see Guardian spec picking up Faerie Swarm, and everybody else picking up Mass Entanglement, ignoring Typhoon. There's just too much utility in ME to bother with Typhoon as a choice.

Tier 4 (LV 60): I can see Soul of the Forest working for all but Guardian spec Druids, while Guardian spec Druids pick Incarnation (seriously, two extra rage from a mangle is nothing). Force of Nature....this one just plain pales in comparison to either of the other two and would be my last choice in any environment.

Tier 5 (LV 75): These all appear to be differing forms of crowd control for PvP, and are mildly situational for PvE. PvE Druids are going to feel left out here, though Guardian spec Druids might like Ursol's Vortex for rounding up mobs on a pull.

Tier 6 (LV 90): Disentanglement is something you may need looked at - even at 30 seconds, 20% of your max HP is a LOT for something as simple as shifting in and out of a form, and has some very real impact on PvP gameplay vs. a Druid. Dream of Cenarius looks to be exceptionally situational, and much inferior to Heart of the Wild (potentially). What needs clarification is the duration of the effect of Heart of the Wild. Does it remain until you shift back to your normally used form, or is it a timed duration effect? The former really enhances offspec utility such that Balance or Resto druids can become an Emergency Tank if need be, or if not much healing is required, but major DPS is in order to beat an enrage timer, they can become a damage dealer. Again, this will depend on the duration of the utility effect. I think players here are praying for a "lasts until player shifts out of their offspec form" or something to that effect, or that the duration is at least 45 seconds if on a duration timer.

Death Knight

Tier 1 (LV 15): Roiling Blood seems like a rehash of a current mechanic that nobody uses (sadly). Vile Spew seems neat as a concept, but the real choice here is Unholy Blight, which is an AoE version of Outbreak on a 1.5 minute cooldown. It isn't hard to see which is more useful overall.

Tier 2 (LV 30): Lichborne is of virtually zero value outside of solo-tanking elites or the occasional "OH SHI-" button, and is made even more situational by the fact that its companion ability, Death Coil requires a very high amount of runic power to use, thus has a setup component to it. Death Grip has its purposes laid solely in PvP and solo leveling. Anti-Magic Zone is going to be the "must have" for any raiding player. 75% damage reduction up to X amount on a two minute timer? Oh hells yes! There's really no choice here outside of a PvP environment.

Tier 3 (LV45): Asphyxiate is neat, and has a dual capability, making it very versatile even in dungeons. Chillblains is great for kiting or PvP. Death's Advance is....well, lackluster. Being recuded to 75% run speed as opposed to the usual 50% run speed isn't that spectacular, and is situational in the extreme. This one's a wasted talent point if I've ever seen one.

Tier 4 (LV 60): Death Pact with its setup (minion requirement) is a bit cumbersome compared to Death Siphon, making DS a bit more appealing for the "on demand" healing and only requiring the runic power instead of RP + active minion. I sitll see tanks taking Vampiric Blood over the other two though, so not much thought going into that choice.

Tier 5 (LV 75): I'll have to wait for somebody to sim Runic Empowerment vs. Runic Corruption, as both relate to rune regeneration, but Blood Tap seems overly complicated. If I understand it correctly, choosing the talent (permanently) makes all of the abilities listed in its tooltip grant a blood charge, which is distinctly separate from the similarly named Blood Rune. If anybody can fill me in on the changes to the Rune system in MoP, that may make Blood Tap a bit easier to figure out.

Tier 6 (LV 90): This tier actually gives the player real choices that aren't tied to spec, but more to their playstile and/or the environment in which they play. Of all the tiers in the DK talent tree, this one's the most well laid out.

Continued in next post...

Edit: Typos
Edited by Tiapriestess on 2/15/2012 6:44 PM PST
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Continued from last post...

Rogue

Tier 1 (LV 15): Whoa! You've finally made Stealth USEFUL again. This assumes you fix the Stealth breaking randomly by MoP, but wow, these are neat choices to fit your playstyle.

Tier 2 (LV 30): Combat Readiness - same limitations as is in today's version. Moderately useful for raids, all but worthless for dungeons. Nerve Strike's where it's at - reduced damage output after a KS/CS? Unbelievably overpowered, esepcially vs. casters. I see this one getting nerfed in the damage reduction % shortly after launch, but even if that happens it's clearly the best out of the three. Deadly Throw has been, and always will be, worthless. Please tell me this is a filler talent for now...

Tier 3 (LV 45): Here's another good Tier rife with choices. Do I pick Cheat Death for that lifesaving situation in raids, Leeching Poison for the self healing capability (coupled with Recuperate could be a real plus and a mana saver for healers!), or a damage reduction on an ability we use regularly in dungeons and raids anyway? Decisions, decisions... :)

Tier 4 (LV 60): This one's a mixed bag. Prep and Shadowstep in the same tier does harm to the Subtlety spec compared to what it is today, as both are available. Sub Rogues aren't going to be one bit happy about this losing half of the core of their spec just so the other two specs can use the abilities. I hope you've got some good compensation for Sub, or that spec may suddenly see little to no use anymore. Burst of Speeds seems to be a purely PvP talent since it has no cooldown and requires only energy (albeit a lot at 60 Energy). Preparation, in its basic form (for resetting sprint and evasion) should be given to all specs, and the Preparation talent used solely to extend its functionality to Vanish, Smoke Bomb and Cloak of Shadows. That there brings in its utility while still letting each spec have at least the basic defensive form of Preparation.

Tier 5 (LV 75): This tier is the most "ho-hum" of the Rogue talent tiers. Deadly Brew is extremely situational, and will almost always be avoided in favor of Dirty Tricks, which raises the utility of gouge and blind significantly in a group setting. Paralytic Poison is really only useful in solo leveling/elite farming since anybody with half a brain isn't going to let you wail on them long enough to get a full five stack.

Tier 6 (LV 90): Versatility looks cool, being able to use Redirect endlessly makes for better target switchig on paper, but could quickly become cumbersome in a multi-target switching fight. Nice to have access to, but due to the inconsistent way combo points fade from defeated mobs, could find only limited use. Anticipation, however has uses for all specs, most especially for Combat, which has historically had issues generating combo points compared to the other two specs, which have each had combo point generating talents in their respective trees.

Warlock

Tier 1 (LV 15): It's a toss up between Dark Regeneration, a whopping 50% max HP heal every three minutes, and Soul Leech, which is smaller heals per cast of each spec's main nuke. These two will depend on the player's style of play. Harvest Life has a critical flaw out of the box: If any mobs are around that are CC'd, any damage will break that CC in most cases, thus nullifying the value of this talent, especially since it replaces Drain Life instead of supplementing it. That alone may prevent players from taking it outside of leveling.

Tier 2 (LV 30): Crowd control choices. Not the best, but at least you get to pick whichever you like based on how you play, and as such, there are much worse tiers out there (I'm looking at you, Mage talents).

Tier 3 (LV 45): Soul Link is relatively anemic compared to the other two, and thus is fairly situational. Sacrificial Pact looks like a souped up version of the Voidwalker's Sacrifice spell, and could be usful. But the real "fun" talent here is Dark Bargain. Prevents ALL damage for ten seconds. That's an eternity under the right circumstances and could mean the difference between life and death for the Warlocik. Dark Bargain is best paired with a /rw macro warning your healers to prepare to give you massive heals in ten seconds.

Tier 4 (LV 60): Now these are some amazingly interesting choices. All require a sacrifice of part of your health for their on use effects. Blood Fear makes your Fear instant, but costs 10% max HP. Unbound Will basically acts as a PvP trinket, but at a hefty 25% (1/4th) of max HP. Burning Rush is the real sweet one and most likely the most "fun" spell around. 50% speed increase until cancelled for a mere 5% HP. This one is a must for movement heavy fights and for leveling. 50% movement increase whenever you want as long as you have at least 6% max HP is a real boon.

Tier 5 (LV 75): Another fine tier for utility choices. This time around, it's your demons that get the enhancements or sacrifices. Grimoire of Supremacy is the obvious choice for Demonology spec Warlocks, though depending on the abilities of the upgraded demons (as of yet unknown) may be useful to the other two specs also. Grimoire of Service is a real lifesaver if you have a Fel Hunter or Imp out and suddenly find yourself in need of some quick CC. Fel Hunter/Succubus combinations can be deadly. The last talent in this tier, Grimoire of Sacrifice cannot be easily pegged as good or bad until we know the exact bonus received for sacrificing the demon. Depending on the bonus, it may be viable for Destruction spec.

Tier 6 (LV 90): Archimonde's Vengeance appears to be solely aimed at PvP. Its uses in PvE are very limited. Kil'Jaeden's Cunning seems like a nice talent, but in all honesty, should be something all casters have access to, since we have tech in the game that lets us cast while moving. It would add an element of complexity to casters never seen before, and make them a lot more fun to play than the "stand in one spot and nuke" type they are today. Mannoroth's Fury really only shines when there's a ton of mobs in close proximity for AoEing. Outside of that it's nigh on useless.

Priest

Tier 1 (LV 15): You've got two versions of Psychic Scream here. Honestly, all three Priest specs should have access to the baseline Psychic Scream, and Psyfiend should enhance that, not be an either/or (it would replace Psychic Scream if chosen as a talent though). Psychic Scream should be replaced by a better utility choice. A good candidate for this is Shadow spec's Psychic Horror ability, something all specs could use in a pinch.

Tier 2 (LV 30): These choices seem pretty cool. Do you use your PW:S defensively or offensively, giving the target a boost in speed to evade the damage outright? Do you give yourself and others greater speed to when floating (saves running time)? Or do you go the selfish route and give your Fade ability the power to free you from untimely bonds?

Note to devs: A Mass Levitate spell would be awesome in conjunction with Path of the Devout, saving the Priest from having to chain cast Levitate on party/raid members.

Tier 3 (LV 45): It will be interesting to see how From Darkness, Comes Light sims against Archangel for damage output with the MoP changes to Mind Blast and the Shadow Orbs. This could be an interesting choice to make (though I suspect the min/max crowd will choose Archangel). Divine Star seems pretty cool, acting as a sort of damaging/healing boomerang going out and then back toward you, meaning if you run to a new location after firing it off, you could theoretically chain damage a lot of enemies without by moving smartly. The question here is, seeing as it has a heal component, does it drop Shadowform when it heals? If it does, then that makes this all but useless to Shadow spec Priests. Can a Blue please clarify on this point?

Tier 4 (LV 60): The Self-Preservation Tier. Desparate Prayer is self explanatory, as is Angelic Bulwark. Final Prayer being passive makes it easier to deal with for beginners, though players may get more overall out of Angelic Bulwark than either of the other two if they know how to play a Priest correctly.

Tier 5 (LV 75): This tier's a mess. Twist of Fate only has uses in boss fights/raids really. Outside of that everything dies too quickly (or at least SHOULD die too quickly) to make this talent of any real use. Power Infusion is a staple of the Discipline tree currently, but it's a nice addition to all specs. Divine Insight's Serendipity (Caster Form) effect is not too bad, but its Shadowform effect conflicts/overlaps with From Darkness, Comes Light, making this one somewhat dubious for Shadow spec, especially considering Mind Spike wipes DoTs.

Also, as noted previously in this thread, Prayer of Healing is not listed as an ability in the Discipline spec, cancelling out a good portion of this talent's usefulness to that spec.

Tier 6 (LV 90): Vow of Unity, if I read it correctly, sounds like a lesser version of Beacon of Light. Useful in high AoE damage situations, but not so much outside of that. Vampiric Dominance could be useful for all specs, but it needs its radius increase to 25 yards, as the healer is usually trying to stay out of range of any incoming attacks where the most injured players would usually be. Void Shift is the talent to look out for though. Under the right circumstances, it can act as a temporary Lay on Hands, but with a "sword cuts both ways" danger of dropping you to critical HP levels. It's a nifty utility that requires thought about when to use it and when to find some other way to keep the tank alive.

All in all, these are improvements except for the Mage tree, which is a horrible, horrible mess and very un-fun to choose from. I'm looking forward to the next round of MoP talent passovers in the future.

Edit: Cleaned up a couple hard to read areas.
Edited by Tiapriestess on 2/15/2012 6:48 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Mage
02/15/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
With the exception of the level 45 and level 60 talents, these all seem exceedingly tied to each spec, such that barring some bizarre PvP setup, most players are going to choose the talent that matches that spec (Scorch for Fire mages, Presence of Mind for arcane, and Ice Flows for Frost since frost has virtually zero mobility with regard to its spells). These are nice talents in and of themselves, but there really isn't a great feeling of "choice" between them other than the two tiers mentioned. This has the effect of making the talents for mages seem forced rather than fun.

Keep in mind that the damage bonuses tied to each school are being removed, so there's nothing forcing you to stay true to your spec's element. And some of us like mixing and matching elements.
How will "The 8" raid buffs be distributed?

- Will Shamans lose their raid buffs?
- Will Mages lose Arcane Brilliance?
- Will Horn of Winter be removed or will it buff one of the 8? (Currently still Strength/Agility)
- Will Icy Talons be self-only?
85 Human Paladin
As a paladin I must say.../bow

I feel like we are finally getting some attention and something NEW, I am however sad to see the 8 second cooldown on clease.
85 Human Paladin
Paladin

Tier 1 (LV 15): The talents, while nice, are all speed related, with PoJ winning hands down since all three specs rely on holy power for their abilities. There's really no contest between a once per minute 70% speed boost for eight seconds, a 45% speed boost for three seconds on judgement, or a permanent 10% speed boost with a bonus 10% per charge of holy power. This tier is not a fun choice, it's no choice.

Tier 2 (LV 30): Repentance available to any spec? Cool! Burden of Guilt? That's our gap closer for PvP we've been waiting so long to get. Yay! Fist of Justice...needs some clarification. It replaces Hammer of Justice, a ranged spell, and the talent does not indicate whether or not this version is melee range only or up to X yards away. It has half the duration of the HoJ ability, but without some tooltip clarification, it leads one to believe it's melee only which makes it rather subpar, especially assuming Rebuke survives into MoP.

Tier 3 (LV 45): All healing related talents, with different flavors. Could make for interesting setups for Retribution and Prot, but not really much in the way of a fun choice for Holy. Because Selfless healer requires judging, something Holy hates having to constantly do, it's a nonstarter. Sacred Shield, while nice on paper, requires a full 3 charge Holy Power, making it rather situational for Holy. Eternal Flame seems to win out here without much contest simply for ease of use and as a buffer to ease pressure on the healer.

Tier 4 (LV 60): Possible interesting setups, but only really for Prot or Ret. Again Holy really doesn't have much of a choice - Hand of Purity wins hands down as Unbreakable Spirit requires constant Holy Power expenditure to be even remotely useful, and only Prot and Ret spend Holy Power constantly - Holy saves it for when they need a big heal or a specialized ability to be used. Clemency's cooldown is much too long at five minutes, meaning that its only real use is going to be in Arenas as a one-off minor version of Cold Snap for Paladins.

Tier 5 (LV 75): What's going on with Holy Avenger? It is a LV 75 talent, but affects a LV 85 ability, making it utterly useless for ten full levels. A bit of an oversight somewhere. Divine Purpose is situational due to RNG, and not nearly as likely to be chosen as Sanctified Wrath, which grants each spec unlimited use of their primary spec-driven ability during Avenging Wrath's duration. I expect much back and forth balancing Ret and Prot with this one before it settles into something balanced.

Tier 6 (LV 90): The first two are really Holy-centric. Only the last one has any real use outside of Holy, for its damage aspect. There's some choice here, but it could be a little bit better

I'm sorry but no, there is so much wrong in this post it makes me sad.
6 Gnome Warrior

We’d like to discuss these and other changes to talents and specializations in this thread. Here are a couple of thoughts to start with:

For shaman and hunters, we still have a ways to go with the revamp of talents, and this latest calculator doesn’t have some of the changes that we’re currently working on.

Feel free to have a look at the updated calculator, and then discuss it here!

I read this as:
Hunters and Shammies get to be second-rate for yet ANOTHER expansion.

Seriously, Cata was supposed to be the Shaman expac but they got jack 90% of the ride and then got some QoL adjustments at the end.

No legendary (Ele/Resto never got the staff ahead of Staff-using classes). Thrall was secondary in terms of player experience compared to the Druids and the Molten Front and he felt like more of a Metzen Marry Sue.

In Wrath? Pallies and DKs were doing amazing things with Light and Undeath. In Cata? Shamans cast water-breathing and swimming spells and Lavabursts. I feel like that speaks to how Blizz sees Shammies still in their Vanilla novelty buff role rather than a force for awesome that should be casting Earthquakes and summoning Tornadoes.

And that's saying nothing of how terribly poor Hunter gameplay is. Aspects just suck. They outright blow. Switching between Hawk and Monkey isn't fun. Isn't engaging. It's a disappointing macro line on all your shots. I think the fact that Hunters require 3 times the work of any other class to be competitive in PvP explains exactly why they're so underrepresented. And now I assume MoP is gonna be more of the same. "Here have some colorful pets and forget that we spend less time and creativity on your class than any other."

On topic now: Hunter talents look much better now than the last iteration. Though they still need a more meaningful way to recover health.

For Shammies, I doubt many people'll take Windwalk Totem outside of specific niche circumstances like a ramped-up Asaad fight where you couldn't dodge the root and he cast his follow-up AoE immediately after.

Tier 3 is pretty poor. Projection might be fun throwing Earthgrab Totems into people from a distance. Totem Restoration is actually insulting in that it directly recognizes how stupid it is to give important Shaman mechanics FIVE HITPOINTS. Call of Elements' CD is too long but it's so strong that it'd be OP if it were shorter.

I like tier 4 assuming the bonus damage from all 3 effects balance out closely.

Tier 5 is AWESOME aside from Fortifying Waters. Again, it's too niche. It might be taken for heavy AoE boss fights or maybe sieging points in RBGs but it's really weak compared to having our own Tranquility/Divine Hymn or 40% replicated direct healing. I feel like it focusing on Healing Rain and not something Ele and Enhance use as well doesn't mesh well with the new talent design at all.
I can tell so far that just what is in store for Totems is still a secret and or being developed, so I won't touch on any aspect of that. I honestly liked a lot of the Shaman talents since they first unveiled them at Blizzcon.

There's still a few that I think stand out as pretty bad. I'm mostly looking at you, Elemental Mastery. It seems kinda silly to have one talent grant you lots of haste two minutes, and another that gives a little haste all the time with a free spell every 1 minute. They seem too close, practically the same spell. Maybe Elemental Mastery could actually give extra mastery instead of haste? That's my first instinct, anyway.

The other talent I'm not sold on is Fortifying Waters. Maybe it's just because of an analysis I read on WoW Insider, but I'm afraid of what it could mean. The author of that analysis said that he'd gladly trade in some DPS to constantly keep up a healing rain area for the less magical damage. That's something I absolutely don't like, especially for a DPS spec. I like how Ancestral Guidance and Healing Tide Totem work because they are a little bit of healing I can give when a situation is tight, but I can continue DPSing. I'm afraid Fortifying Waters might be seen as mandatory in raids, even from DPS, so they can keep that buff up. Maybe I'm making a big deal of this, but I don't like that feeling.
90 Tauren Shaman
Additional concern for Shaman: why remove Greater Healing Wave from Enhance and Elemental?

For Enhance specifically, that removes ALL of the self-healing capability provided by Maelstrom Weapon. What, we're supposed to use Healing Surge? You know how little that heals, right?
Or is Healing Surge going to be given a dramatic improvement in how much it heals, when we use MSW charges?

I think this decision completely kills any shot Enhance Shaman had at arena next expansion.
Edited by Matuk on 2/15/2012 6:55 PM PST
7 Tauren Shaman
can killing spree be redesigned yet
7 Tauren Shaman
and can you fix the fire mage rotation? make living bomb's end explosion proc a hot streak, like it used to. maybe lower our mana regen to where it was early in cata, so we had to weave in a few scorches once in a while to maintain mana, and then we'd have a more balanced rotation. currently it's just spam fireball for a minute and hope for a hot streak proc, while maintaining living bomb
90 Goblin Shaman
It looks as if druids will actually have a fourth spec (guardian), instead of a "feral" spec and being the way the talents are going to be it makes sense.

However, will any other classes be given this same opportunity if this is the case?

Give us Shamans Spirit Bear or something. Heh.

On a serious note, it makes sense:
-We have the melee armor
-It would be fairly simple to give us a form similar to bear form
-We already a taunt and high threat abilities [seriously, why do we have these?]

Additional concern for Shaman: why remove Greater Healing Wave from Enhance and Elemental?

For Enhance specifically, that removes ALL of the self-healing capability provided by Maelstrom Weapon. What, we're supposed to use Healing Surge? You know how little that heals, right?
Or is Healing Surge going to be given a dramatic improvement in how much it heals, when we use MSW charges?

I think this decision completely kills any shot Enhance Shaman had at arena next expansion.

And yes, unless there is going to be a dramatic overhaul on damage and healing in PVP i feel enhancement wouldn't do well without the MW5; Greater Healing Wave combination.

I do like the current shaman talents and can't wait to see the final tier.
Edited by Haxless on 2/15/2012 7:09 PM PST
alright, i can post now :D

anyway

so far with the hunter talents the known changes were good, but there arte still some issues to be adressed

in tier 2 there are a few problems

1. silencing shot is exceptionally supirior to the other 2 choices in pvp due to duration Vs CD Vs effect

2. Wyvern sting NEEDS a proper update, not only to put it more in line in value with silencing shot (to make the choice no longer a no brainer for competative pvp), but something that has to be done is that the damage bonus either needs to be replaced with a new effect, OR to actually be a relative amount of damage (immolation trap also needs its damage updated to be more than a 'cc freedom')

3. intimidation (just like wyvern stin) is lacking in value Vs silencing shot in a pvp setting, possably add a secondary effect or increase the duration of the stun / reduce the cd (the secondary effect could be a short damage output reduction on the target as a debuff)

next tier 3 has some issues that need to be adressed

1. the first issue is iron hawk, if it only effects direct damage it will have 0 benefit to raid damage, dots, and AoE

2. spirit bond seems lackluster as a passive, possably add in a secondary effect, like making it also increase healing recieved by 'outside' sources by 10-20%

now in Tier 4 there are a few problems with 'the easy choice'

1. fervor is UP when put in comparason with readiness for BOTH pvp and pve, because readiness gives acces to a second rapid fire, which would provide better burst when timed right, and whne compared to thrill of the hunter the focus return per CD is defanatly not worth the choice, let alone readinesses exceptional supiriority in pvp compared to either option (suggestion, reduce the CD of fervor to 1-1.5 min or give it a secondary effect, possably +X% damage on the next focus consuming ability)

2. thrill of the hunt will provide to much burst focus return and has the risk of sever focus capping the hunter, i would suggest changing it to a higher proc chance with a lower focus retunr (30% proc chance for 50% return would make a smoother rotation with relatively even benefit)

in Tier 5 there are a few things that have me puzzles and i would liek an answer to

1. according to the wording on freezing trap it can only be used on one target, but according to flahs freeze taking that talent "only one target can be effected by this 'freezing trap' at a time", if flash freeze is not taken will it once again be possable to trap multiple 'units' in multiple freezing traps whne mechanics are used cleverly (aka, multi trapping which was STEALTH NERFED out of the game in 4.1.6)

2. would it not provide hunters better group utility (for RBGS, which avalable evidance shows we need because of our lack of being desired in RBGs compared to any other dps) if black ice's speed boost was weaker, but also provided it to our allies?

3. could we get a more in debth explanation as to how black ice will work?

and finally for the 6th Tier

1. binding shot looks nice , but without knowing the CD and duration it is impossable to judge its value, also, if the duration is 'indefanat till goes beyond 15 yards' it will be to powerful in pve, also will this binding arrow work similar to the priests new ability, and destroying the arrows (or chain) will free the target from the effect?

2. will power shots stun be on DR with other stuns, considering its considerably short duration of stun? (also need CD to judge its value)

3. glave toss already has a rival in the MM 'specalization' for concusive barrage, can you explain your plans or view on how these abilities share snare values, will concusive barrage be removed or nerfed or will it possably strengthan the snare that glave toss provides by stacking?

ty for your time
Edited by Alfavhunter on 2/15/2012 10:16 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
and can you fix the fire mage rotation? make living bomb's end explosion proc a hot streak, like it used to. maybe lower our mana regen to where it was early in cata, so we had to weave in a few scorches once in a while to maintain mana, and then we'd have a more balanced rotation. currently it's just spam fireball for a minute and hope for a hot streak proc, while maintaining living bomb

Living Bomb isn't in the Fire rotation anymore. Hot Streak has a chance to proc from a sing crit now. And I am pretty sure you'll be combusting on cooldown.
What's up with path of the devout? (priest talent) I see little point out of combat, as you can just get a mount (the talent is available at level 30), and the other two offer significantly better bonuses in combat.

How about changing it to something like a 7% movement speed buff added to the effect of power word: fortitude?
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/15/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Haxless
We already a taunt and high threat abilities [seriously, why do we have these?]

You have them because shamans tanked 5-mans in vanilla. (Ironically, paladins and druids were the same-- despite having a tank tree, their only viable endgame spec was healing. It wasn't until BC that a class other than warrior was a good tank for raids.) And, IIRC, they're going away for MoP.
90 Draenei Priest
New spells (learned) for priests or hunters after 85? Don't see any in the spell lists. The rogues' have a nice one. Invisibility for an entire party/raid all huh? Hope that one makes it in game. Warlock's demonic gateway sounds sweet too.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]