February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

100 Draenei Shaman
02/15/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Kaivax
Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival.

02/15/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Kaivax
Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam

Wait... an elemental shaman with a 5 second interrupt gets... an interrupt? haha I'm sorry but that seems incredibly useless in a raid, especially because we haven't had an 'interrupt boss' since Maloriak or Halfus and Solar Beam didn't work on them anyway.

I know it could be useful in PvP to force a healer to move, but I don't PvP, so I'm looking at all of these from a raider's perspective. Can't we have barkskin or something useful across all situations? Even Thorns would be better...

If it works like Dark Simulcrum - the new ability will overwrite Symbiosis on your action bar

Here's the process:

• The Druid will select a raid or party member and cast Symbiosis on them.
  • The target cannot be another Druid.
  • The target gains a buff that tells them what spell they have temporarily learned, and that spell temporarily appears in their spellbook, and they can drag it to an action bar.
  • The Druid’s Symbiosis button will become the ability they gained from the target class.
  • The Symbiosis link is cancelled if: the Druid clicks off the Symbiosis buff, or the Druid or the target changes continents or enters or exits an instance, or the Druid or the target changes talent specializations.
  • Symbiosis fails to cast if Symbiosis is already active on that target.
  • Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat.
  • For the non-Druid target, the icon will revert to a placeholder (uncastable) Symbiosis icon when Symbiosis ends, but will become the Symbiosis-granted ability again the next time Symbiosis is cast on that target.
  • The ability gained from Symbiosis is always something chosen to match the Druid’s specialization and the target’s combat role.
  • The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.
  • Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival. (Adding Fireball to a Moonkin’s rotation sounds cool on paper, but wouldn’t actually be fun in the long run.)

Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
    Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
    Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
    Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith
    Hunter: Dash
    Warlock: Rejuvenation
    Holy Paladin: Rebirth
    Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage

There are a lot more coming, but we'll keep some surprises for now, and many are still subject to change after testing.*

*Including all of those just listed.

Regarding the "effect lost of the Druid and the target move too far apart" bit; is this same 100y range as the Mage's Alter Time "too far apart"?

I'd hate to have a 6s cast that cannot happen in combat AND gets dropped if I release at Gold Mine and get rezzed at Lumber Mill.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    Overall I like the "less !@#$ we already have, more new %^-*" and "level 90 talents should be badass skills, not lame polymorph !@#$" ideas you're going with here.

So, some healing-priest centric stuff:

-Angelic Bulwark is too Disc-centric- it buffs three of their core spells but only one situational spell for Shadow/Holy. Either make it also buff other heals when self cast or restrict it to just PW:S (with a slightly higher bonus, maybe.)

-PI should be self-cast only so we're not all forced to take it to be the PI slaves of the DPS.

-Revelations should either be a baseline part of Chakra, or learned very soon after it. The base effect of Chakra is pretty boring, Revelations is what makes the ability really interesting.

-Does Pain Suppression really need the 5% threat reduction anymore? I'm pretty sure the "people will stack disc priests so we need to discourage chain-casting it" concern stopped being relevant three years ago.
    100 Blood Elf Death Knight
    I'm curious about the reasoning behind removing the 30 second CD reduction that Veteran of the Third War does for Outbreak. Was it decided that Blood should have to spend runes of keeping their debuffs up?
    90 Gnome Warlock
    -Destruction Warlock-

So...Conflagrate doesn't consume Embers now? Just Soul Fire? Our only way to bleed our new resource, which now also slowly kills us apparently, is a nuke with a long cast time?

Well, other than Ember Tap, which presumably consumes Embers (the tool tip currently lists it as having no cooldown or cost, which is obviously an error).

I'm also worried that Destruction's single target abilities are becoming too few, with the loss of Chaos Bolt. Don't get me wrong, we've got way too many in Cataclysm, but unless there's something to cleave it looks like we'll mostly just be casting Incinerates and Conflagrates until it becomes practical to cast Soul Fire (what with its cast time doubling when you hit targets above 30% health).

Soul Fire looks like it's scaling from spell power, crit chance, and Embers. It's going to be a super-mega-death-ball-from-hell...so you better make it green ^_~.

Destruction still has no convenient way to get a pet back, despite the fact that a large number of Warlock talents revolve around pets. There's also Destructive Influence, which given the monstrous scaling of Soul Fire, will probably be a significant contributor to our damage. Affliction has Soul Burn and Demonology has Demonic Rebirth. Either give Destruction an equivalent ability or scrap Destructive Influence.

Another concern I have is that with Conflagrate being disconnected from Embers and the removal of Backdraft, Conflagrate is becoming much too "vanilla". It's just a simple nuke (that applies a snare...That battleground vehicles are immune to. Read my thread about that, please).
    Edited by Maleficia on 2/15/2012 7:23 PM PST
    The warlock talent "blood fear" seems like a poor replacement for the normal fear.
    Archimonde's Vengance seems okay, but the other two level 90 warlock talents seem kind of lame.
    Also, are the Mastery abilities final? I'd expect at least some to change.

Specifically, I think Enhancement's is in a pretty bad place. I think it's just TOO good. I think a better alternative would actually be something that plays with Maelstrom Weapon. Kind of like the Tier 13, 4 set bonus works. That mastery would increase the effect of any spell used with Maelstrom Weapon. Maybe even divide it up so that it increases benefit the more stacks of Maelstrom Weapon one has. So it's only 5% increase in effect per stack, up to a total of 25% at an instant cast, obviously effected by Mastery.

This could also help a problem some people have noted. Without Greater Healing Wave, Enhancement's self-heals are really underpowered. So this way, when you get an instant Healing Surge, it's actually much more powerful than when you casted it on it's own. Just a thought.
    80 Goblin Shaman
    Really not liking most of the Dk talents. The lvl 30 and 45 ones specially. Just seems boring to me to have so many survival talents.

Edit: Lvl 15 ones are all awesome.
    Edited by Phrumpy on 2/15/2012 7:29 PM PST
    90 Troll Druid
    Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival.

Wait... an elemental shaman with a 5 second interrupt gets... an interrupt? haha I'm sorry but that seems incredibly useless in a raid, especially because we haven't had an 'interrupt boss' since Maloriak or Halfus and Solar Beam didn't work on them anyway.

How is a 20sec Persisent AoE Silence bad (2 beams)? It's not like you'd get my Symbiosis anyways, unless your ability was worth my time :3
    Edited by Cyous on 2/15/2012 7:38 PM PST
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    Where is our 20% attack power buff for paladins bom just gives mastery which i know is a big buff but still....
    90 Troll Druid
    02/15/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Salvion
    Where is our 20% attack power buff for paladins bom just gives mastery which i know is a big buff but still....

Those kind of abilities are lame and boring, thus not in MOP's model. You will be compensated, or the game will be built with 0 buffs in mind.
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    02/15/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Cyous

Those kind of abilities are lame and boring, thus not in MOP's model. You will be compensated, or the game will be built with 0 buffs in mind.

This is so lame paladins used to be the king of buffs but now were down to 2 and we can't even give people in small groups specific buffs its either one or the other.
    90 Human Paladin
    thats true
    100 Draenei Shaman
    How is a 20sec Persisent AoE Silence bad (2 beams)? It's not like you'd get my Symbiosis anyways, unless your ability was worth my time :3

Haha good point, all I meant was that shamans already have interrupts, why not give us something different?

Still doesn't change the fact that in a raid a stationary interrupt area isn't very helpful against a boss.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    I'm very impressed with the new level 90 talents for mages, along with the addition of new spells from the last update!

Let's hope that there is an update coming soon for shadow priests that's as impressive as the mage ones! I think I echo the other shadow priests by saying that the only update that we have seen so far is a very disappointing loss of Devouring Plague and mana regen from Darkangel...
    90 Goblin Warlock

So there's gonna be 6 talents??
    I like how there going to be more healing spells for locks i can live longer and be able to kill and not be easy to kill Gj on lock talents i also like Supremacy,and Archimonde's Vengeance makes a quicker kill and since ill be healed they will take 5% damage so if i get healed tons they will eventually die so very impressive ty for Unbound Will warlocks needed something to take thins away im so glad everyone is happy about talents so far.Wish you luck on 90 when we can!!

90 Worgen Mage
    Blizzard...I...love you so much. Thank you for the mage talents and the awesome changes to Arcane mages!
    85 Human Paladin
    delete
    Edited by Hofleurette on 2/15/2012 8:36 PM PST
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]