February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

The temporary party wide stealth ability for rogues is pretty badass.
81 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok. So. Maybe I'm missing something but the new destro seems... silly in the mop talent calc. Hey stack this giant dot on yourself by doing DPS until you cast thing long cast time spell. Hope your imp can attack something.

But anyway. Putting a dot on yourself seems to be bad game play, and something classes have been moving away from (seal of blood anyone?). It doesn't work as a double edge razor, it works as annoying.

Not to mention this almost completely binds the imp to destruction, which last I checked was something you wanted to move away from.

Now onto the rest of the trees.
Edited by Velidra on 2/15/2012 1:42 PM PST
90 Tauren Priest
Priest changes:

Talent grid:
  • Tiers 1, 2, and 6 unchanged.
  • Tier 3: Divine Star now flagged as NYI.
  • Tier 4: Desperate Prayer has a new icon. Angelic Bulwark now specifies Power Word: Shield, Divine Aegis, and Spirit Shell instead of "shield effects."
  • Tier 5: Serendipity renamed Divine Insight. Effect unchanged.

• Discipline:

• Divine Aegis added. Tooltip still references Prayer of Healing.
  • Prayer of Healing not listed amongst available spells.

• Holy:

• Chakra:Chastise now augments total Shadow and Holy damage by 15%.

• Shadow:

• No changes detected. Mind Blast still has no interaction with Shadow Orbs.
  • Shadow Orb generation is still missing, though Shadow Orb Mastery is still in.

• Analysis: Aside from the addition of Divine Aegis and an apparent reduction in mana costs across the board, the priest grid and spec abilities are unchanged. None of the issues preventing Shadow and Disc from being unplayable have been addressed. Critical passives like Vampiric Embrace and the accesibility of Evangelism for Holy are also missing. While Kaivax' statement that such abilities may end up as glyphs is comforting, it doesn't seem to make sense that Holy must glyph into Evangelism when Disc gets it as a passive. Disc still lacks any strong AoE healing capability, while Divine Aegis references synergy with a spell Disc will not have access to.

There is likely a great deal more analysis to do, but those are my first impressions. Nothing has really changed about the class in this new iteration, and I am concerned that so few changes will lead other priests to believe their feedback in the last nine weeks has been for nothing.
    LOL instant cast 9 second Cyclone. Cy@
    Edited by Stommped on 2/15/2012 1:40 PM PST
    90 Blood Elf Mage
    I am thrilled with the updates to the mage talents, it looks like they're really making an effort to make arcane more interesting!
    90 Troll Priest
    I have so much to say about the priest talents but let me sum up how I feel in a single word:

Disappointment.

First of all, it looks like it was barely touched since you last put the talent trees up. Okay, that's fine. Maybe it didn't get the fine-toothed comb treatment like the other classes got. However, from what I saw of the last thread there was a -ton- of great priest feedback regarding these talents and not a single thing was really changed based on it.

Why is the levitate talent even still there? How is that going to be a useful skill? You cannot use levitate in combat because if you get hit, it removes the effect. So essentially this is going to be relegated to those few times you're fishing on darkmoon island and want to run more quickly to some floating wreckage to get there before the rest of the crowd.

I'm really sorry but when I look at the paladin tree and then back at the priest tree all I can do is frown in disappointment. You're doing so much to help the other healing classes seem new and fresh again and priests are clearly going to be more of the same. I see more POH spamming, I see more bubble spamming related stuff. That's totally fine, I enjoy playing my class enough so that keeping it the same is fine and familiar to me. But it does seem a little, I don't know, unfair when you see all the great stuff coming to other healing classes.

Also with regards to void shift, how is this going to be manageable when it comes to people using it to grief? People complain enough as it is with lifegrip and that's a party-based tool that doesn't actually take HP away from anyone. Now you're putting something in where, for example, in PVP a priest with low health can swap with a higher health mage standing next to them. Mage dies, priest survives because of it. How is that fair to the other person on their team? I'm not saying that it's purely a griefing tool because I see uses for it outside of that - obviously - but you have to consider the worst when you put things like that into action.

I just don't know. I have a lot of feelings. I would actually like to test these changes to get a feel for them before I really make a judgment one way or another, but this is disheartening. I know it's still pre-alpha and it's possible that resources were too busy elsewhere, but still. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt though and I'll be patient for the next release and the beta so I can actually play without making a 100% judgment one way or another.
    I like your brain, and since I'm not particularly eloquent, will just echo this. (ESPECIALLY the PoH spam part)
    85 Troll Priest
    Atonement! YEAH!

So happy that it's still around.
    Community Manager
    Question: Why did attacks using % weapon damage drop so much?

Answer: We are in the process of recalculating the way damage is dealt. Individual weapon damage is going up by the same proportion in order to keep DPS at level 85 about the same. This should ensure that, at lower levels, these abilities aren’t overpowered.
    Not sure if this a bug or not on the site, but you currently have for druids "Bear Hug" as a base-line ability but also as a "Guardian only" ability (if you look at the Guardian list, the ability is listed twice). So which is it? Base-line for all druids, or "Guardian only"?
    90 Human Priest
    From Alona
    I have so much to say about the priest talents but let me sum up how I feel in a single word:

Disappointment.

First of all, it looks like it was barely touched since you last put the talent trees up. Okay, that's fine. Maybe it didn't get the fine-toothed comb treatment like the other classes got. However, from what I saw of the last thread there was a -ton- of great priest feedback regarding these talents and not a single thing was really changed based on it.

Why is the levitate talent even still there? How is that going to be a useful skill? You cannot use levitate in combat because if you get hit, it removes the effect. So essentially this is going to be relegated to those few times you're fishing on darkmoon island and want to run more quickly to some floating wreckage to get there before the rest of the crowd.

I'm really sorry but when I look at the paladin tree and then back at the priest tree all I can do is frown in disappointment. You're doing so much to help the other healing classes seem new and fresh again and priests are clearly going to be more of the same. I see more POH spamming, I see more bubble spamming related stuff. That's totally fine, I enjoy playing my class enough so that keeping it the same is fine and familiar to me. But it does seem a little, I don't know, unfair when you see all the great stuff coming to other healing classes.

Also with regards to void shift, how is this going to be manageable when it comes to people using it to grief? People complain enough as it is with lifegrip and that's a party-based tool that doesn't actually take HP away from anyone. Now you're putting something in where, for example, in PVP a priest with low health can swap with a higher health mage standing next to them. Mage dies, priest survives because of it. How is that fair to the other person on their team? I'm not saying that it's purely a griefing tool because I see uses for it outside of that - obviously - but you have to consider the worst when you put things like that into action.

I just don't know. I have a lot of feelings. I would actually like to test these changes to get a feel for them before I really make a judgment one way or another, but this is disheartening. I know it's still pre-alpha and it's possible that resources were too busy elsewhere, but still. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt though and I'll be patient for the next release and the beta so I can actually play without making a 100% judgment one way or another

Something tells me that, similar to how the last tier (level 90) says "coming soon!" for shamans, are talent trees are not yet fully fleshed out as they need to be, as well as there being issues with there being no Prayer of Healing for disc priests. Additionally, you can also see that our priest-like invisibility spell is gone, so something tells me the dev's are still getting our abilities fleshed out properly
    OMG I LOVE THESE LV 90 MAGE TALENTS GREAT JOB BLIZZ KEEP UP THE SEXY WORK!!!
    90 Human Death Knight
    Death Knights looking MUCH better. Some really interesting stuff shaping up.

Soul Reaper looks outstanding.

Yay!
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    *flails around in glee*

I'm going to drop hammers on people!

*bounces off the walls and windows*
    85 Undead Death Knight
    Man....I'm going to have a really tough choice now on my hunter... Do I throw giant glaives in an aoe situation which basically gives me another button (albeit an awesome one) to push, or do I put an arrow in the ground that increases my already incredibly potent aoe skills by 15%...... Decisions decisions....
    Edited by Nevárius on 2/15/2012 1:44 PM PST
    85 Draenei Shaman
    Enhancement ASCENDANCE!

Sounds awesome.
    90 Troll Hunter
    I know hunters are in the works, but assuming we are going to keep Kill Command, is it one of those abilities that will be included in those that will scale of WP damage in addition to AP?

Personally, it would be great if our pet damage scaled of WP damage in general, but just curious where Blizz is taking this.

Also, kudos on the level 90s - I would dearly love to have all htree....
    Edited by Zulgaro on 2/15/2012 1:45 PM PST
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]