February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

100 Night Elf Druid
Not a talent comment, but a spell comment -

Wild Mushrooms/Bloom? Useless. pointless.

I am NOT a fan of Wild Mushrooms. I *hate* gimmicky spells. I do offer a /salute to Boomkins who have managed to increase their DPS through its use, but for the most part, I find Wild Mushrooms to be a spell I resent taking up space on my action bars.

Healing Mushrooms, as they now stand, are more than pointless. Let me be clear - I am NOT going to be wasting my GCDs planting Mushrooms, watching people move away from them DUE TO FIGHT MECHANICS, then waste another GCD to trigger the mushroom for ... less than 1K health? Seriously? And in that time, that's at least 4 GCDs wasted, more of you consider that placing the mushroom can easily take more time - and in that time I AM NOT HEALING!

Honestly, what is the point? Why don't you have a spell that says "click this button to trigger your GCD and a five second lockout of all your spells?"

From a talent perspective, Symbiosis is looking awesome. I can't *wait* to get my hands on "Leap of Faith" >.> That may not be a very useful spell, but it's got a lot of comedic potential.
Edited by Atanae on 2/16/2012 5:00 AM PST
Awww, I like the current Killing Spree... It was fun to jump around targets and great in a pinch for soloing :(
85 Tauren Druid
02/16/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Fangthorn
Really it is quite dramatic, it feels like this whole talent tree for druids was designed specifically for PVP. While half of me is saying...YESSSSSS... the other half who will be raiding is left very very confused as to what the thought process and goals were for the class in a PVE environment.

Exactly. I'm a Cat, and I'm already dreading the day when MoP is released. I don't PvP. I'm losing a lot of my utility and the parts of the class that made it fun to play. I feel like Cats, in particular, are getting just one big nerf.

What really ticks me off is that Blizzard is just now separating Bear and Cat... All because of some PvPers' QQing. Bear and Cat, since Vanilla, have been intertwined -- Blizzard is ripping them apart and making both forms a lot less viable than they used to be.

It looks like nearly all the talent trees are designed with PvP in mind -- what about the people who don't PvP, Blizzard? Just because the PvE community is more quiet as a whole, doesn't mean we don't exist. PvP nerfs hurt the PvE community too -- and this whole talent thing? Heh. It's one big nerf to PvE.
90 Gnome Mage
Rune of Power or Invocation, HNNNGH. That's going to be the roughest choice ever. Also, never thought I'd be thinking of taking something other than Ice Barrier. I can think of countless fights where Temporal Shield could save the day.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Looks great. I really hope Shroud of Concealment will not work on Flag Carriers in BG's That would be absurd.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I got a couple more questions regarding Protection Paladins.

What happened to Righteous Defense? Is it gone? if so, why?

Also, Divine Plea seems to be Holy only, is this as intended? Many prots like to open boss fights with Divine Plea so we can open full force with a ShoR right off the bat and with the MoP mechanics even more so as it has our Holy Shield effect baked into it.
100 Night Elf Druid
Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith

NO. No no no!! I HATE that skill in the hands of ONE class, we don't need TWO with it!!! >.<

(FAR too many people think that "flying kitty!!!" (with or without dropping you off a ledge to kill you) is "funny" - especially during combat, corpse-runs, etc.)
Edited by Taswind on 2/16/2012 5:45 AM PST
90 Undead Death Knight
My concerns are with the Death Knight talents, and really it's only the level 45 choices. I understand the point of the talent revamping is to cause players to make their choices based on their preferred play style, but this tier seems to be slighting the PvP base a little. While Force Choke (Asphyxiation) and Chilblains have some use in PvE I'm sure, they really shine in PvP.

Asphyxiate (Strangulate currently) is a tremendous weapon against healers who can really only be killed through the use of the ability along with a heavy stack of Necrotic Strikes and a few large crits.

Chilblains is equally useful (more so in my opinion, given it's versatility), but in a very different way. It is first and foremost a gap closer when attempting to down a fleeing caster, but where it comes into it's own is in the peeling department. I cannot count how many healers have been saved, flags been returned, and fights flat out won (through rooting a healer outside of heal range) with Chains of Ice w/ Chilblains.

Forcing DKs to chose between the two is really putting PvP DKs at a disadvantage, well as much disadvantage as a frosty wrecking ball can have. Has the idea been presented to modify the base spell Chains of Ice to be a root without requiring Chilblains? I would say make Chains of Ice have a 3 second root from the jump and then make Chilblains increase the root time by another 2-3 seconds. This way Chilblains isn't made completely worthless (who would want Chilblains just for the snare factor?), and PvP-centric DKs don't lose a vital peeling and gap closing tool. I know we still have Death Grip, but let's be fair, it has a long re-use timer (even when talented) and is pretty spotty on when it wants to work properly (target rooted/immune/grounded/etc.).

Edit: Or make Chilblains a Major or Prime Glyph.
Edited by Død on 2/16/2012 6:01 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
Blast Wave?

This spell has been here since I been a weee little warlord back in vanilla. Love blast wave I really hope you guys dont ditch it.

It went from around you ...to around you with knockback...to ranged now to gone?

GLyph? (doubt it) ?
Edited by Elmínster on 2/16/2012 5:55 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
I have a question about the Paladin talent tree and abilities.

Why is Holy Avenger provided at level 75, but the ability it affects, Guardian of Ancient Kings, not available until level 85? For leveling paladins this makes one talent completely useless for 10 levels and necessitating a respec at level 85 should that be the talent you choose to take.

Also, I notice there is no ability cost for Exorcism. Is this a free ability on a 20 second cooldown?
90 Undead Warlock
Another thought for Destruction. The Warlock takes a DoT from it's own burning embers, and the only way to remove it is to cast Soul Fire. Soul Fire has such a long cast time that this doesn't sound very good. In pvp, you may need to remove this dot from yourself suddenly. Having such a long cast time just to stop from hurting yourself seems like a bad idea. Conflag clearing burning embers would be better imo.

I do like how Soul Fire will be a ridiculous nuke though.
90 Human Warlock
The Warlock final tier abilities are....well underwhelming. Mannoroth's Fury for example, extremely underwhelming compared to how awesome it was before.

And what's up with splitting Metamorph's armor gained till level 27? Give it to us baseline.
100 Human Warrior
Can someone please enplane to me why Shield Wall and Spell Reflection STILL require shields?

Weapons swopping is a very outdated mechanic and now we have a talent that requires it for DPS warriors. This is outrageous.

Spell Reflection should not use shields. Most 2 handed weapons are bigger then shields any way. Let us hit it back like a baseball! :D

Shield Wall... Now that Enraged Regeneration is a Talent we have no baseline defensive CDs except this ability that cuts our DPS, forces us to wast a bag slot, cost Conquest/Honor/Valor/Justice Points to use! We also have to write macros just to do it in a timely manner.

Shield Abilities are NOT designed for Arms and Fury Warriors, yet we are expected to use them in PvP and they are detrimental in PvE.

They should either be removed for the DPS specs or replaced.

My Suggestion would be a 20% damage reduction CD that does not need a shield to replace Shield Wall. And that Spell Reflection just does not need to require shields anymore.
Edited by Drede on 2/16/2012 7:56 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Protection Paladins.

Do they have any more mana generating mechanics outside the 5% from Guarded by the Light? I don't see a mechanic like Cataclysm' Sanctuary which generates %1 mana on block/dodge.
Another thought for Destruction. The Warlock takes a DoT from it's own burning embers, and the only way to remove it is to cast Soul Fire. Soul Fire has such a long cast time that this doesn't sound very good. In pvp, you may need to remove this dot from yourself suddenly. Having such a long cast time just to stop from hurting yourself seems like a bad idea. Conflag clearing burning embers would be better imo.

I do like how Soul Fire will be a ridiculous nuke though.

Yeah, I personally don't like the idea of Soul Fire for Destro.

It works good for Demo, especially with Decimation as an execute, but the 4 second casttime that doubles to 8 seconds if cast above 25% health just seems weird for Destruction. Add that to the fact that it's the only thing that consumes embers, and it just doesn't really fit good. I say remove the cast time doubling and apply that only to Decimation to make it an execute, and then let, say, Conflagrate reduce the cast time by 2 seconds for 10 second or something. Better yet, just make Soul Fire Demo only and let Chaos Bolt be the super hard hitting ember consumer.
90 Tauren Druid
Not a talent comment, but a spell comment -

Wild Mushrooms/Bloom? Useless. pointless.

I am NOT a fan of Wild Mushrooms. I *hate* gimmicky spells. I do offer a /salute to Boomkins who have managed to increase their DPS through its use, but for the most part, I find Wild Mushrooms to be a spell I resent taking up space on my action bars.

Healing Mushrooms, as they now stand, are more than pointless. Let me be clear - I am NOT going to be wasting my GCDs planting Mushrooms, watching people move away from them DUE TO FIGHT MECHANICS, then waste another GCD to trigger the mushroom for ... less than 1K health? Seriously? And in that time, that's at least 4 GCDs wasted, more of you consider that placing the mushroom can easily take more time - and in that time I AM NOT HEALING!

Honestly, what is the point? Why don't you have a spell that says "click this button to trigger your GCD and a five second lockout of all your spells?"

From a talent perspective, Symbiosis is looking awesome. I can't *wait* to get my hands on "Leap of Faith" >.> That may not be a very useful spell, but it's got a lot of comedic potential.

I think the healing mushrooms might be more useful than that. As raiding in Cata progressed all of the fights turned into stack up situations. If that continues the mushrooms will be a pretty nice addition to wild growth. And I imagine that the 1k healing it says doesn't include spell power bonuses. What I'm waiting to see is what the treants do for resto. That could be a new and fun cooldown.

The two things I saw in the new druid builds that I didn't like were displacer beast and disorienting roar. It looks like displacer beast doesn't remove dots or bleeds anymore which makes it almost useless for pvp. I really like the idea of having a long CD vanish/cloak spell as resto. It would help with the horrible survivability resto druids currently suffer from. It also looks like disorienting roar no longer automatically triggers bear form. I hope that isn't the case. Both of those spells looked to bring shapeshifting back into druid gameplay which is something we've been missing for a very long time.
85 Night Elf Druid
My brief 2 cents on changes to druid talent tree.

lvl 15:
Displacer beast is basically blink with a 3 minute cooldown. not a good ability at all.
Wild charge is actually a good change, why need displacer beast if u have this.
feline swiftness is not bad, but it's also not nearly as cool as wild charge.

lvl 30:
I want natures swiftness and one of the healing abilitys, we shouldn't have to chose between these, maybe put natu'res swiftness into abother bracket, or build it or one of the healing ability's into the druid class.

lvl 45:
Still so very very sad typhoon isn't for moonkins only, and it's sad that it's not getting abuff either.
Faerie swarm seems like the best choice here, purely due to the fact it has no cd.

lvl 60:
not bad choices but I don't see myself giving up my only summon, which is also something moonkins now have to share...

75:
it's weird that bash in now a talent.
Roar is just a gimped version of physic scream.
ursols vortex, I don't know until i try it, most likely best for tanking.

90:
heart of the wild still good
the other 2 just aren't as viable.
Edited by Tehrealemcee on 2/16/2012 6:52 AM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
Warlock feedback:
I really think shadowflame should be avail to all locks.

Malady??? besides the shock as to why did our signature DoT (Immolate) get replaced with malady, I don't see it fitting properly with all the specs.

Destro: Corruption is going to stay, which is fine, It's a shadow spell for a spec that is based around fire mostly but no big problems I could think of.

Affliction: Ssssooo...affliction now has unstable affliction and malady? so now we have 2 different DoTs with cast time? the more cast time spells we got, the bigger issues we will have in PVP, its bad enough dispell is on a 8 second CD, it will take affliction 6 seconds to get all of its DoTs on the enemy now only to basically have it removed instantly...not happy :(

Demo: Our only cast time DoT, first of all, kinda makes demo feel more imbalanced towards shadow now IMHO, but more importantly, do we have to cast this in order to refresh in meta form? so far it seems like meta will be the mobile/melee? form, cannot have a cast time spell in a melee mechanic, that can have a wild card factor no one likes.

Anyways, hopefully I was more helpful than critical.

PS: love the defensive concept of giving us lots of self healing but making our CDs cost us health :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]