February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

Community Manager
Question: Invisibility and Greater Invisibility say that you’re “untargettable”. Does that mean that we’re not actually invisible anymore?

Answer: No, you still turn invisible, just it has been. It still breaks on damage. You still are completely cleared of threat when you turn invisible (either after 3sec for Invisibility, or instantly for Greater Invisibility).
85 Orc Warlock
You guys have no idea how happy I am about locks so far. ITS LOOKING AWSOME BLIZZ!! KEEP IT UP!!! :)
Community Manager

BTW, Any word on the currently missing Righteous Defense? Are all tanks across the board losing a taunt?

We’re currently trying a design where no tanks have AE taunts, other than Mocking Banner (which we intend to be used more as a tool to redirect streams of adds to you).
Community Manager
02/16/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Rayo
For Rune of Power if the mage has two already out will we be able to cast another one or do we have to wait till the first one is gone

Casting a third will replace the first. This is similar to how Wild Mushrooms works for druids right now.

By the way, two Runes of Power will not stack.
90 Undead Warlock
The talent Soul Leech gives a heal for 15% of the damage done by Shadow Bolt, Incinerate, and Malefic Grasp. However when a demo lock switches into Meta and Shadow Bolt becomes Demonic Slash, will this talent become useless? Is it supposed to include Demonic slash or are demo locks out of luck for constant self healing while in Meta?
Community Manager
02/16/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Troelsen
Yes, this means that Enhancement shaman spells and rogue Poisons will crit for double damage.

So does this mean that Poisons will still be on the Spell Crit table? In other words, Agility will still not affect their chance to crit?

No. Poisons crit chance will be based on your melee crit chance.
Is Chaos Bolt being removed?
85 Human Warrior
I'm overall impressed with the improvements and choices. The choices are engaging and many different paths seem viable (I'm beginning to hate that word for being overused) for different purposes. There are a few things I'd like to address.

-Defenses: Shield wall still has base 5min CD for only 40%. While this may be balanced for prot, arms pvp desperately needs this cd to be lowered. The glyph currently adds 2min for another 20%, while the prot tree has a reduction in the cd. Since the shield wall cd reduction talent is no longer in game, can we lower the base cd of shield wall to 2 min, while leaving the glyph intact? I'd also like dismantle to mimic shadow priests' horror and only do main hand and ranged slots so the 5min shield wall (major defensive cd) can't be completely and utterly useless vs a rogue. Either that or make shield block better and much cheaper for arms.

Zej says:
My suggestion for Shield Wall is as follows:
Fortify
Instant 3 minute cooldown
"Steel yourself, reducing all incoming damage by 20% for 12 seconds. Removes any movement impairing effects and reduces the duration of any newly applied movement impairing effects by 50%."

Bastion of Defense then reduces the cooldown by 60 seconds and increases the effect by 20%. Same effective skill, but now usable by all specs, and it's not as powerful for dps as it is for tanking.

That suggestion would solve the dismantle problem, and also give appropriate defenses for all specs.

-Come to think of it, shield wall, retalliation, and intimidating shout don't show up on the class abilities list. Shield block doesn't show for arms. The sky is falling or oversight? I hope it's just oversight.

-Mortal Strike doesn't show a % for the healing debuff. Is this still being discussed? With rogue shiv @ 50%, I think MS's percent needs rethought.

-Stuns: The group of other stuns seems a little off right now. Are stormbolt and warbringer on controlled stun DR? Being only 3 seconds, the stun isn't long enough to justify being on a DR, but stormbolt seems like it should be the new throwdown. Choice in last tier of control or burst - cool, I like the choice here and am forming ideas. There are 3 tweaks needed, though:

Suggestion:
-Piercing howl baseline (removed from tier 3)
-Intimidating shout in tier 3 where Piercing howl was. (Also, doesn't break on one tick of damage, esp with thunderclap being used more often.)
-Storm bolt stun changed to 5 seconds OR gag order silence to 5 seconds and possibly 6 or 7 if during a cast (keep in mind projectile travel time forsight skill in timing). 3 Seconds for both doesn't justify a DR on both.

I assume the warbringer isn't on any DR, but if warbringer or storm bolt are we'll have to stay far away from those if the duration doesn't change. (personally I'm going with double time) Shockwave is 4s and should inflict DR, but pvp arms most likely can't pick it up or lose their pressure cd. Stormbolt, in order to be worth a DR, needs to have a 5 second duration. If for some odd reason warbringer caused a DR, it'd need to be 3.5 or 4s.

-Warbanner - /salivates. 3 good choices and raid utility. Awesome. A few questions:
Targettable? If so, how much health does it have?
Stackable with thunderclap?

-Ranged abilities. Yes, we are a melee class so I don't expect too much here. The heroic throw mutations and utility are awesome. Outside of that cd, though we have nothing with the ranged slot going away. (no throwing/shooting) Rend is being removed as well, so we can't pre-apply rend before going away for at least some dots while out of range. Deeps wounds lasts 15s now though - I hope it does enough damage to make up for currently (rend + deep wounds + normal throw) damage. Think heroic Morchok in black phase, or the endless kiting in pvp (in melee range at most 50% of the time, yet all of our abilities require melee except heroic throw.) Deep wounds - can crit or can't crit?

These are just some immediate thoughts and I'll continue to mull over the changes and possibly update this as I think about it more or just reply.
Edited by Throez on 2/16/2012 6:25 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
I notice that the new paladin passive, Boundless Conviction, increases the amount of holy power we can collect to 5 rather than 3. Does this mean that Pursuit of Justice will provide a 10% movement speed increase by 60% if 5 stacks are accumulated? Or will PoJ still only stack to 40%?

Will Displacer Beast act as a threat dump for druids in PVE? I would love it if it would.
7 Tauren Shaman

BTW, Any word on the currently missing Righteous Defense? Are all tanks across the board losing a taunt?

We’re currently trying a design where no tanks have AE taunts, other than Mocking Banner (which we intend to be used more as a tool to redirect streams of adds to you).
i don't see this ending well, because pug dps are stupid drunkards

not that i don't mind not being able to taunt adds off them if they're attacking an enemy i haven't put threat into yet, but if they die they tend to vote kick healers
What's the deal with Natural Insight? Are you planning for Int to no longer grant additional mana? This is the only reason I can see why we would need an increased 400% mana pool.... It would certainly be an interesting resource tax. Might make mana regen much less trivial for healers.

90 Undead Death Knight
They're obviously trying to kill off the game. 1.8 million isn't enough to close the servers so they're nerfing everything to make sure it happens. will not be buying mop
85 Tauren Druid
02/16/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Lazurturkey
What's the deal with Natural Insight? Are you planning for Int to no longer grant additional mana? This is the only reason I can see why we would need an increased 400% mana pool.... It would certainly be an interesting resource tax. Might make mana regen much less trivial for healers.

They said all the way back at Blizzcon that int no longer gives mana.
02/16/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Lupira

They said all the way back at Blizzcon that int no longer gives mana.

Oh did they? I missed that detail.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]