February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I got some awesome replies that felhunter is likely a beholder model (a la http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18694), for the Observer.

Kaivax, can you confirm this, and do we have any information about the Felguard still getting an upgrade as well through Grimoire of Supremacy talent?
Edited by Hakusa on 2/16/2012 9:30 PM PST
90 Draenei Mage
Ok so molten armor increases crit by 5%.
frost armor inceases spell casting speed by 5%.
and mage armor increases mastery by 5????
is this suposed to be 5%
90 Undead Warlock
Please, take a second look at "Mannoroth's Fury". 200% extra aoe radius does not seem to be a good level 90 talent. All of the other options feel like they are pvp oriented. The old "Mannoroth's Fury" was amazing, maybe too powerful but the idea was interesting and it perfectly fits a level 90 talent.

Thank you!
100 Human Mage
Question: Does Holy Insight mean Intellect plate is going away?

Answer: No. That passive (and appropriate classes should have an equivalent) gives casters larger mana pools than non-casters of the same class. Mana no longer increases with Intellect, but we still want to make sure that, for example, a Holy paladin can cast more heals than a Retribution paladin.

How about just letting DK's generate their own corpses by summoning quick suicide minions...like those ones in Diablo III that run to the enemy and then explode. DKs could use something like that as corpse explosion fuel.
86 Night Elf Rogue
Ok so molten armor increases crit by 5%.
frost armor inceases spell casting speed by 5%.
and mage armor increases mastery by 5????
is this suposed to be 5%

It increases the mastery not the rating.

With Mage Armor:

Arcane: Spell damage, based on mana unspent, increased by 7.5%

Fire: DoT damage from Fireball, Infero Blast and Pyro, increased by 6.25%

Frost: Spell damage against frozen targets increased by 12.5%
90 Night Elf Warrior
Riddle me this, why War banner as Warriors lvl87 skill? Why warriors have to put up with boring skills every damn expansion? +dmg, -dmg taken, and aoe taunt really? its the best you guys can do? Dont get me wrong, its a good skill but not when the other classes are way more interesting and got new mechanics. I know the we shouldnt compare, but War Banner adds nothing new/fun to our rotations or class playstyle.
Edited by Chido on 2/16/2012 10:42 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
02/16/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Chido
Riddle me this, why War banner as Warriors lvl87 skill? Why warriors have to put up with boring skills every damn expansion? +dmg, -dmg taken, and aoe taunt really? its the best you guys can do? Dont get me wrong, its a good skill but not when the other classes are way more interesting and got new mechanics. I know the we shouldnt compare, but War Banner adds nothing new/fun to our rotations or class playstyle.

"Wah, my new skill guarantees me a spot in every raid"
100 Orc Warrior
For the first time I actually like what I'm seeing as far as the talents\skills in MOP. When they first came out I saw bladestorm as a level 90 talent and thought to myself "wtf? We already have this skill now, why do we have to wait another 5 levels to use it again?".

The new Avatar spell reminds me of how death wish use to function.

I was super happy that rend disappeared and was made a passive, really annoying to have to waste a GCD on applying so low of a damage bleed.

I was kind of sad when I didn't see throwdown as an arms signature talent. A big huge pvp warrior knocking people on their !@# seemed like a pretty signature arms move to me, although I understand it was given as a tier one choice compromise.

Overall with the amount of possibilities warriors seem to be given via talents for time on a target, I actually might enjoy playing PvP again. Now only if blizzard would fix the mess they've created in PvP before MOP....
100 Orc Warrior
@ chido remember when arms warriors had the talent "Endless rage" as a last tier talent? War banner is a badass skill.

Edited by Kessik on 2/16/2012 11:31 PM PST
65 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm wondering if warlocks are becoming a tank role class? I know I'm going to be flamed, hated on etc. but a lot of warlocks are asking the question and, so far, I'm yet to see a direct response from a blue. I think warlocks are about 70-80% for being able to tank, leading a group as a demon would be great, but I doubt Blizzard will allow this. It is possible though, with a simple glyph such as:

"Glyph of Demonic Empowerment"
During Metamorphosis, your haste and critical strike rating become parry and dodge respectively. Your Soulshatter ability becomes Soul Rip, an ability that causes a monster's threat to switch to you for 6 seconds.

Anyway, just looking for a blue to comment, as I'd like to tank going into Mists of Pandaria, and my original character was a warlock. I love demon form, but I'm not a fan of dps any longer as I find tanking to be my niche. If a warlock can't tank, then I'm going to be sticking with my death knight which is what I plan at this point in time, but if warlocks can tank I'm definitely switching!
Edited by Sinfulsaint on 2/17/2012 1:21 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I have a question about the Druid level 87 ability, Symbiosis.
along the same lines, how will my target be granted the ability as well?

Here's the process:

Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith
Hunter: Dash
Warlock: Rejuvenation
Holy Paladin: Rebirth
Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage
Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam

There are a lot more coming, but we'll keep some surprises for now, and many are still subject to change after testing.*

*Including all of those just listed.

Given that a lot of these are targeted - has any thought be given a way to macro the resulting spell? From what I under of dark simulacrum the only way that works is by doing /click macros. It'd be nice if we could do something along the lines of:
#showtooltip Symbiosis
/cast [@mouseover][] Symbiosis

And it'd make the spell gained also be castable on a mouseover target. Or would you theoretically (knowing the spell you will be taking in advanced) be able to create a /cast macro with the said spell (that at least could then be managed via an addon since it can only be cast out of combat).
91 Draenei Shaman
02/16/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Reygahnci
I noticed for resto druids that I don't see tree of life? I see a talent Incarnation but it said it activates are resto druids not even getting a form now? I don't even want to play my druid because I miss tree form so much

Incarnation = ToL

Stop being a drama queen.

Well I was talking about the fact that if there is no more powerful form like the other forms it makes no sense. You can say being a normal druid then tree of life is a more powerful transformation of nothing. And im sorry that I want tree of life back. And the fact that we have to waste a tier of talents to get something we already have is stupid. Balance doesnt have to do that feral doesnt guardian doesnt have to do that. So resto shouldnt have to waste a tier to get something that makes a druid shapeshifts are what druids do. back.
85 Troll Druid
A few thoughts on the new talents and symbiosis for Resto Druids:

-Most of the talents are completely worthless for resto pve, flat out, no bones about it.
-The talents that HAVE some use are all in the same measly two tiers.
-We're going to be stuck taking the same old Nature's Swiftness and Tree form from these tiers anyway.
-The Resto effect for Soul of the Forest is terrible compared to the ones for the other 3 specs.
-To add insult to injury, Symbiosis seems just take gimmick spells (Life Grip, oh boy! This will really help my non-existent AoE burst healing!)

Druids seriously need a fourth column of talents (I mean come on, we have four specs now...), and Resto Druids (And to a lesser extent Balance) need more options in them.

Also, can we have an actually new healing spell? Please? Healing Shrooms are just a gimmick. Or let us steal them with Symbiosis. Or something. Anything.
90 Troll Druid
A few thoughts on the new talents and symbiosis for Resto Druids:

-Most of the talents are completely worthless for resto pve, flat out, no bones about it.
-The talents that HAVE some use are all in the same measly two tiers.
-We're going to be stuck taking the same old Nature's Swiftness and Tree form from these tiers anyway.
-The Resto effect for Soul of the Forest is terrible compared to the ones for the other 3 specs.
-To add insult to injury, Symbiosis seems just take gimmick spells (Life Grip, oh boy! This will really help my non-existent AoE burst healing!)

Druids seriously need a fourth column of talents (I mean come on, we have four specs now...), and Resto Druids (And to a lesser extent Balance) need more options in them.

Also, can we have an actually new healing spell? Please? Healing Shrooms are just a gimmick. Or let us steal them with Symbiosis. Or something. Anything.

You're mistaking utility for core spells.
85 Night Elf Druid
Will you be releasing the new Moonkin for before/with 5.0? It is severely outdated and in dire need of a makeover.
85 Draenei Shaman
I know shamans haven't been "worked on" as much as of this update, but I have a few concerns/questions based on whats shown in the recent update.

1. Burning Wrath: This grants the +10% spell power buff, but since the 4.3 changes Enhancement no longer benefits from this buff (not that it NEEDS to benefit from it, the increased atp to sp conversion scaling pretty much negates the need for the buff). So, I'd like to know if enhancement will once again benefit from this buff, or is it possible to make Burning Wrath into an Ele/Resto spec ability and give Strength of Earth (as +10% atp) to Enhancement? I would like to be bringing raid buffs that also actually benefit "me."

2. Primal Wisdom: the amount of mana returned has been reduced by 3%. I don't understand this honestly. Enhancement shouldn't ever have to really worry about its mana, also I rather like what Retribution paladin is receiving with Sword of Light (5% max mana returned every 2s). Is Enhancement going to receive the same treatment as Ret? (I would much prefer permanent fast mana regen than to be stuck HAVING to melee my opponents and now for even less return).

3. The AoE situation: I noticed the Imp Lava Lash synergies have been placed back in (on LL itself and Searing Flames). Mostly my complaints with Enhancement AoE is still that it takes too long to set up: FS>LL>FN and while the damage is not super crap now, often by the time I do get to fire my AoE, everyone else has fired off two AoEs. Warrior's AoE situation especially as Prot and Arms has been simplified with the removal of Rend and changing of Deep Wounds and Blood and Thunder. Can something like this not be done for Enhancement?

4. Giving the double damage crits back on spells will actually make crit more attractive than it has been in Cataclysm, but how do you plan to make haste worth anything? Elemental Mastery is a haste buff and the new "Ancestral Swiftness" talents are almost completely worthless as Enhancement because of the near null value of haste for Enhancement - haste is worthless because of all of the hard CDs or Internal CDs on our abilities, and it does not quite give the same "resource benefit" it does to other specs, MW procs are not quite what they used to be, Searing Totem and Searing Flames do not scale with haste, and so on. On the level 60 tier of talents only Echo of the Elements is a viable choice for Enhancement.

5. No more Greater Healing Wave: Is it your intention to weaken Enhancement's self healing? As it stands, Greater Healing Wave and Healing Rain are the only spells I cast with Maelstrom for healing, the others are too weak to be useful. Are you planning to make Healing Surge heal for as much as a Greater Healing Wave when used with MWx5?

6. Two questions about the new ability Ascendance: Will the nature damage for Enhancement scale with our mastery? Also, will we end up turning into the Twilight Ascendant Model, or will you give us a new model/graphic for the ability? (Please say it is the latter, because I do not want to look like the Twilight Ascendant). If this ability scales with mastery, I see it being something Enhancement has lacked for quite some time: a decent DPS CD. However, 15s with 3 mins CD seems a bit steep.

7. Can you go back and make Spirit Walker's Grace into something cool like Camouflage instead of something totally useless? Shamouflage would be nice. (lol) But seriously, can it be reworked into a passive that allows the casting of various spells all the time, much like the glyph for Lightning Bolt? Make it so it allows the casting of Greater Healing Wave, Chain Heal, and Lightning Bolt. I think that would make it a better ability and remove a VERY situational spell from the action bar, especially since we might have to make room for all these gimmick totems now? This would not even particularly make the ability useful for Enhancement, but it already was the worst level 85 ability given out (especially from Enhancement's point of view).

8. No more +15% movement speed for Enhancement? I do not want to lose that, I think that was one of the best changes Enhancement received in Cataclysm.

9. Can you please, when you make more of a pass over the shaman talents, make talents actually desirable by a PvE Enhancement shaman? I know I'm probably going to get a "situational" response to this, but honestly the talents feel just plain weak from an Enhancement perspective, they seem very Resto and Elemental geared still (and more useful in PvP than PvE). I really only see a clear use for Echo of the Elements, and when I look to other class trees, I see a lot more interesting choices for them.
100 Worgen Druid
Since the warlock class is being worked a lot, is there any chance we see a female metamorphosis model (could be based on that High Elf Queen I-don't-remember-the-name-but-is-absolutely-gorgeous in Icecrown citatel) and male/female versions of all demons that are able to?

Also, what are those Unstable Embers? There's no skill in Destro saying anything about what they do. Would they give some kind Chaos effect? And where's our Chaos Bolt? It will be back?
85 Blood Elf Rogue
MY feedback:

I think these class talents need to improve.

Warriors:
I think all the talents are fine, however, i still think the first warrior lvl 15 bracket needs to be redone, i still think every warrior will pick "double time" because off the simple fact that they don't want mages to kill them by blinking away, so its between picking "double time" or "Juggernaut", you should just replace "warbringer" and put in "Heroic Fury", i also cant understand why throwdown was deleted from the talents, thats one of the warriors basic pvp talents.

Warlocks:
I am glad how you re-designed the talent tree because it was to OP in pvp before, now its better, however there is one important detail that i don't like about this tree, and its the talent bracket from lvl 30, I am pretty sure every warlock will pick "Howl of terror", this is because its cool-down is reduced by damage taken, and it also has more control over more targets rather than just one, "Shadowfury" is good but it only lasts 3 seconds and its cool-down is 30 seconds, that's 1 second out of every 10 seconds, "Howl of terror" is 1 second out of every 5 seconds (Without counting that the cool down is reduced by damage), so its pretty obvious what they will pick, i wont even mention "Mortal coil" sure it recovers 25% hp, but in pvp what really matters is the control over the healer while you break their dps.

So blizzard need's to redesign this bracket, maybe "shadowfury" was better of with a 20 seconds cool down, and "Mortal coil" should be taken out and just be a spell like it was before, just make a new AOE CC like the other two.

Note: This games pvp is measured in seconds, and that should be taken in consideration.

85 Draenei Shaman
I'm just loving this whole ascendence thing... and that's without the level 90 talent. I can't wait for it!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]