February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

85 Human Paladin
TL;DR: My main concern about Melee Paladins is this: I like 4.3 Prot. MoP Prot looks like it will play more like 4.0.3 Ret (which I can't stand). MoP Ret looks like it is going to remove or severely diminish the small handful of things that makes 4.3 Ret tolerable.

You need to do better research. Judgement will have a 6 sec cooldown and Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath will also generate holy power. Haste lowers the cooldowns and GCD's of a number of Ret's attacks, and Exorcism has a 20 sec cooldown (it can be used without a proc) which gets reset by Art of War. Art of War will proc more frequently than before because of the new specialization Crusader's Zeal.

Ret's rotation will be a lot more fluid. As for Prot, Avenger's Shield and Consecration will be a much greater part of the rotation, and all tanks will focus more on an active mitigation model than simply DPS.

I agree with this. Holy wrath needs to stay in all specs as it is. Rework a holy spell to give them what you want. As for the stun, holy wrath has never been an all-out AoE stun since it only worked on certain classes. Still it was a very useful AoE threat move for prot.

No it doesn't. Ret Paladins despise Holy Wrath.
100 Human Paladin

I agree with this. Holy wrath needs to stay in all specs as it is. Rework a holy spell to give them what you want. As for the stun, holy wrath has never been an all-out AoE stun since it only worked on certain classes. Still it was a very useful AoE threat move for prot.

No it doesn't. Ret Paladins despise Holy Wrath.

I don't care about what ret thinks of Holy Wrath. The only time I use it while playing ret is when everything else is on cooldown and I pop it in hopes of triggering a Divine Purpose proc.

But for all you ret pallies, this isn't about you. This is about a very useful tanking ability that's getting nerfed, gutted, redefined (but not renamed) and locked into the healing spec, of all things. It's insane, it's insulting, and I'm begging the devs who read these posts to come to their senses. Let the healers have their crit suppressing ability if they must, but not at the expense of Holy Wrath. It won't make me quit the game, but it just might make me give up on tanking during Panda.
90 Human Warrior
Cripple really excited the warrior PVP community, as far as I've heard/talked to anyway, and with that and Rend going away, can we expect a similar effect from a glyph? Maybe the Mortal Strike debuff auto-applying hamstring, or deep wounds applying the cripple effect?
90 Orc Shaman
I don't suppose we can have a hint what all the new totems will look like for shamans? There's some confusion about just how much, or how little, a revamp they're getting.
90 Worgen Hunter
I know you mentioned that hunter talents are still in works, so I hope this gets addressed. Hunters not only have to talent for an interrupt, but they get the weakest of them all.

Silencing Shot - 3 sec lock out - 20 sec cd (has to be talented)
Mind Freeze - 4 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Pummel - 4 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Kick - 5 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Wind Shear - 3 sec lock out - 12 sec cd
Rebuke - 4 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Counterspell - 6 sec lock out - 24 sec cd
Skull Bash - 4 sec lock out - 10 sec cd
100 Worgen Mage
Deep freeze damage on frost PVE?

We lost brain freeze/fingers of frost interaction and ignite, losing DF as well will hurt. It's a bit of an awkward mechanic, but warriors just had a same style implemented as a talent. Everyone loves big numbers as well. Any chance of it being a glyph or frost passive?
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
FBI
So... what happened to Ebon Plague? I mean, there's an ability in the Unholy tree that calls itself "Ebon Plaguebringer" but it just adds a 4% physical damage buff. It's great and all, but Unholy has just as much focus on magical damage- not to mention that we're losing our third disease, making our Scourge Strikes and related abilities significantly weaker, and removing a staple that made the tree unique. Not that numbers can't be tweaked, but what's the point of having an "increased by the number of diseases" mechanic if that number never changes?

I see that Curse of Elements and Earth and Moon were removed as well, meaning no more Spell Vulnerability across the board, so... what gives?
Edited by Leviatharan on 2/17/2012 3:24 PM PST
5 Blood Elf Priest
its almost as though you are trying to make spriests obsolete in MoP, just by the talent selections
Scorch...

please replace this as a talent choice and add it as spec for fire..it will fill no function for any other spec but fire...the other two look good though.

I really don't see without having the rest of fires specs how scorch is going to be of any great benefit to frost or arc without specialties like ignite and critical mass which are in fire tree solely to make it stronger.

Imho this is a big oversight.

possably replace it with 'magical blast'
-deals X magic damage and has 1 additional effect on the characters specalization, the damage is based on the characters specalization as well
-frost would have a small snare (30%)
-fire would deal 30% of the damage done by inituial blast over 4 seconds
-arcane would reapply the current stacks of arcane blast debuff (making arcane have an easier time keeping it up with movement)

this abilities damage would be fairly low like it is now, and would only be used for the main purpose of each spec (FoF proc, pyroblast proc, and keeping arcane stacks up on movement)

the name of corse would need to be reconsidered
29 Tauren Druid
Can we just have the 81 pt system? Plox?
100 Orc Shaman
So few questions on enh.

First off the new ability. So ele can now spam their strongest ability for 15 seconds and with BL and Elem mastery they are going to get pretty much 15seconds of lavabursting reguardless of if they have to move cause of spiritwalker's grace.

Enh gets to do stormstrike and melee swing at 30yards. Storm strike has a CD, so at most 2 Stormstrikes which isnt anywhere near the dmg of lavaburst. Melee swinging does just a bit more dmg than stormstrike per CD. so adding up the dmg is like right now around 200k dmg over the 15sec.

being 30yards would still lower our dps cause we cant use our best attack lavalash at all still. Considering im only taking into effect the dmg from stormstrike and melee swing it would be more if i added unleash, and shocks into the mix, but not much more. And it wouldnt matter because ele would still have flameshock and wouldnt need to use anything but lavaburst or lava beam because its their strongest attacks.

Then if you add BL which ele benefits from but enh doesnt and other Cds. Enh really comes short because we cant use our strongest attack and its really not a CD you would use for a DPS increase...

Wouldnt it be better to just do something like ele and make it a dps increase instead of trying to make a utility that wouldnt come handy at all against melee in pvp, and most bosses. Its really just a Enh shaman vs Ranged in pvp CD that still isnt as good because most ranged could prevent the dmg anyways.

And the resto equiv is also very good for arena, pve, and BGs.
Edited by Koreche on 2/17/2012 3:40 PM PST
90 Human Priest
02/17/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Candied
its almost as though you are trying to make spriests obsolete in MoP, just by the talent selections

Come on now. You never dreamed of being able to use PI as shadow? and any talents can be used by a spriest for a certain something. You might not see it yet, but there'll come a day you'll be happy to have Body and Soul and Desperate Prayer (for example) on your action bar... unless you don't raid at all... and don't pvp either... yeah...
Edited by Fannia on 2/17/2012 3:48 PM PST
I know you mentioned that hunter talents are still in works, so I hope this gets addressed. Hunters not only have to talent for an interrupt, but they get the weakest of them all.

Silencing Shot - 3 sec lock out - 20 sec cd (has to be talented)
Mind Freeze - 4 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Pummel - 4 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Kick - 5 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Wind Shear - 3 sec lock out - 12 sec cd
Rebuke - 4 sec lock out - 15 sec cd
Counterspell - 6 sec lock out - 24 sec cd
Skull Bash - 4 sec lock out - 10 sec cd

Silencing shot is both a silence and an interrupt with a 35 yards, which makes the second strongest silence in the game...

So everything you just listed is irrelevant because they are all just MELEE!!!! interrupt spells except counterspell (Silence+interrupt, 40 yard) and wind shear (interrupt, 25 yard).

you fail to realize that we have to TALENT into it, if they gacve us silencing shot baseline as a 3 second interupt and had a 30 sec CD, and the talent was 'improved silencing shot' which reduced the CD by 10 seconds and made it also a blanket silence, then it would be more reasonable and at a comparable level of usefulness to the other 2 avalable talents of that tier, howeevr, as it stands now, silencing shot is the definat choice for pvp
85 Worgen Mage
Deep freeze damage on frost PVE?

We lost brain freeze/fingers of frost interaction and ignite, losing DF as well will hurt. It's a bit of an awkward mechanic, but warriors just had a same style implemented as a talent. Everyone loves big numbers as well. Any chance of it being a glyph or frost passive?

Yeah i will be sad if DF doesn't do dmg anymore. On the other hand, it might simply mean FB, FFB, Ice Lance water Ele or FFO dmg will be increased to compensate. I wouldn't mind doing good dmg on stunable pve targets.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]