February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

85 Tauren Paladin
Love the Paladin changes.
My favourite talent so far is Execution Sentence, the idea of a giant hammer falling from the sky to cause destruction is just pure awesome, on top of that it only has a minute cooldown. I probably will spec into Holy Prism though, as it's a long range attack that acts as a small self heal, and only has a 20 second cooldown. :)
Judgement is being buffed like there's no tomorrow. Today, Ret Paladins can use Judgement as a long range attack that increases damage per Censure stack, puts on a stack of Censure, increases movement speed if used at a range longer than 15 yards, and gives some mana back.
In MoP, Judgement will do all of this, plus slow the target by 50%, grant a charge of Holy Power, and the movement speed boost will activate at any range.
The only talent that I find useless in PvP is Light's Hammer, as it's a form of Consecration and no-one is going to stand in the circle for more that 2 seconds.
Other than that, AMAZING. Can't wait for MoP. :D
100 Night Elf Hunter
I just searched 20 pages of replies for an answer to my question. It's not there.

Can you PLEASE tell me why Blastwave was taken away from Fire Mages?

Yah just noticed that. My Fire Mage has been pining ever since the original Blastwave with knockback was taken away, I loved it - was a defining part of the way I played that toon when questing, even in dunj groups when needing to peel off the healer.

I'm guessing it's gone cos it doesn't really bring anything extra to the table that Flamestrike doesn't - the slow - maybe they'll glyph for - or maybe just expect us to use cone of cold.

I'm not sure if I like the way (what I consider) defining abilities from each spec are now available to all specs - eg. Living Bomb, Scorch etc. A toon could end up a big mélange of abilities from the 3 different schools. Burning things is *my* schtick! Why is that Frost or Arcane dude burning things?! But as long as I can create a build with the same (Set things on fire!) flavour as before, I guess I will be satisfied.

(I don't wanna feel that taking defining arcane or frost abils is mandatory lest the toon be gimped, cos that will spoil the flavour of my spec)
90 Undead Priest
Where did Spectral Guise go?
That was the only thing posted to date that I looked forward to for MoP. (Personal opinion, of course.)
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm hopeful that the shaman talents will be improving. I have played shaman for several years now, and I'm concerned that many of the talents currently in the calculator are only useful in PVP or raids. Now, I certainly intend to raid at level 90 (not so much PVP), but it would be nice if the talents were useful or interesting for leveling also. Keep in mind that I typically play enhancement, so that's where I'm coming from considering these talents. Here are my thoughts:

Level 15 tier: All of these are defensive cooldowns. Until we get to the Cataclysm zones, there are very few threats that really warrant a defensive cooldown. So basically there is no useful choice at level 15. :-(

Level 30: As a melee character, the idea of locking down an enemy isn't too compelling since I still have to run up to them and melee them to kill them. I suppose this would allow you to heal up a bit before running back in, but still, I don't see the first 2 choices being useful for enhancement PVE. The 3rd choice will probably be great for raids or group PVP, but again, not useful for leveling.

Level 45: So when I hit 45, the totems I have that have cooldowns are... Earthbind Totem (15 seconds) and perhaps one of the options from the lower tiers, which as I have already said, I would probably never use. These talents get a little better as you level up higher, but this seems like an extremely weak tier.

Level 60: The good news is that Enhancement has Maelstrom weapon by level 60, so these are actually useful talents. Unfortunately, I suspect the theory-crafters will determine whether 5% flat haste is better or worse than the duplicated spell, essentially forcing me to choose the option with more DPS.

Level 75: Neat options, but all relating to group healing, which isn't necessary useful for leveling up.

Level 90: Not yet implemented.

So I guess my concern is that shamans (enhancement, at least) don't seem to have useful/interesting choices for leveling up. Once we get to max level and start raiding, etc., these options become more interesting. However, it's a long slog from 1 to 90, and a lot of the other classes have much more interesting choices.

Just my 2 cents.
87 Undead Warlock
I'm loving the warlocks changes and the new mechanics for demonology and destruction, seems it will be very fun to play. I take that Demonic Fury will be like the paladin's Holy Power so its not really bad or combo points like someone said. On the other hand maybe Burning Embers will be the same or some kind of debuff/buff, I don't know. Anyway, some of the only things I'm wondering about these changes are:

Will it be really the end for our precious Chaos Bolt? Its just awesome and I like what you did with Soul Fire but man its still another boring fire ball.

Can you explain to us the passive Demonic Tactics? Is it just the new name for Control Demon or something else?

Where's the Felpuppy Fel Intelligence buff? I didn't see it so will it be removed or will it be incorporated soon enough?

And last, please leave Nether Ward for destruction and make it so Nether Protection avoids our own Burning Embers DoT if it is fire damage. Maybe I'm asking too much but I love that spell.

Overall, don't change the course warlocks are taking. I hope many of these changes make it to the expansion. Woot!
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Soul Reaper will finally let Unholy get some much needed burst to finish off targets at low health! I can't express how infuriating it is to have a bear at 20% health NOT DIE and slowly kill me as I hit like a wet noodle.

@ Talents: No Corpse Explosion? Aw. Looks like remorseless winter got nerfed hard, but that's OK. Making us choose between baseline abilities is terrible and needs to be fixed. AMZ needs to be baseline for Unholy. Make Vampiric Blood baseline for Blood and replace its talent spot with the old Mark of Blood.
100 Tauren Warrior
ok was looking over the warlock destruction talents and noticed Havoc says it the next 4 single target spells hit the lock's BANED target, yet looking at the spec spells and class spells, destruction has no banes spells.If they are referring to Havoc then should this not be named bane of havoc as it is now to reduce confusion?
I just searched 20 pages of replies for an answer to my question. It's not there.

Can you PLEASE tell me why Blastwave was taken away from Fire Mages?

my guess would be they are trying to nerf mages group kite ability, and buff their single target, which is why deep freeze will be avalable to all specs now
I'm hopeful that the shaman talents will be improving. I have played shaman for several years now, and I'm concerned that many of the talents currently in the calculator are only useful in PVP or raids. Now, I certainly intend to raid at level 90 (not so much PVP), but it would be nice if the talents were useful or interesting for leveling also. Keep in mind that I typically play enhancement, so that's where I'm coming from considering these talents. Here are my thoughts:

Level 15 tier: All of these are defensive cooldowns. Until we get to the Cataclysm zones, there are very few threats that really warrant a defensive cooldown. So basically there is no useful choice at level 15. :-(

Level 30: As a melee character, the idea of locking down an enemy isn't too compelling since I still have to run up to them and melee them to kill them. I suppose this would allow you to heal up a bit before running back in, but still, I don't see the first 2 choices being useful for enhancement PVE. The 3rd choice will probably be great for raids or group PVP, but again, not useful for leveling.

Level 45: So when I hit 45, the totems I have that have cooldowns are... Earthbind Totem (15 seconds) and perhaps one of the options from the lower tiers, which as I have already said, I would probably never use. These talents get a little better as you level up higher, but this seems like an extremely weak tier.

Level 60: The good news is that Enhancement has Maelstrom weapon by level 60, so these are actually useful talents. Unfortunately, I suspect the theory-crafters will determine whether 5% flat haste is better or worse than the duplicated spell, essentially forcing me to choose the option with more DPS.

Level 75: Neat options, but all relating to group healing, which isn't necessary useful for leveling up.

Level 90: Not yet implemented.

So I guess my concern is that shamans (enhancement, at least) don't seem to have useful/interesting choices for leveling up. Once we get to max level and start raiding, etc., these options become more interesting. However, it's a long slog from 1 to 90, and a lot of the other classes have much more interesting choices.

Just my 2 cents.

i can see you dont really pvp by your respawnse so ill try n give you an idea how they can be useful in solo pve and group pve content (as their pvp use is obviouse)

T1 gives you a way to reduce damage, in content which can either save you form a nuke, or reduce the amount you have to heal yourself after a fight (or if for some reason you end up fighting more than you would have liked, it could save you in thta time

T2 thisi s not only useful for closing the gap between you and your target, but if you end up fighting more than you can chew in a smash abnd bash brawl, you could use one of these to kite to reduce how many are hitting you are a tine, and still pick off your kill target, heal, or run to save a spirit walk

T3 again this teir can help you reuse the benefits of the 1st 2 tiers (if you chose the totems) to help prevent deaths to yourself when you accidently fight more than you intended, or you could go with the last choice to quickly move your totems around and save mana to have less downtime

T4, yes therio crafting dependant, but the devs hope to make it really close to makei t more of a gameplay choice

T5 helps reduce downtime, and i believe (could be wrong) that ancestrial guidance will hyeal you if you are soloing or need the heal the most

T6 is of course 'coming soon'
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Question-that's-actually-an-exclamation: But we loved Corpse Explosion!

Answer: Yes. You do. So do we. Unfortunately, requiring a corpse felt like too steep a requirement for a competitive talent. We would like to still add Corpse Explosion in some form as a glyph. In the meantime, hey presto! - Unholy Blight is back.

Can we get Shadow of Death as a glyph as well plz :)
11 Worgen Warlock
Sooooo....besides sending in the Felguard, what are Demonology warlocks suppose to do in MoP in situations where ranged aoe is required, seeing that Hellfire and Shadowflame will be the only aoe spells they have access to?
85 Draenei Paladin
Talents for paladins are looking much better. As I review them, each branch has something that peaks my interested for each spec build (PvE and PvP). I even see utility that may require me to change tree builds based on encounters.

I'm curious to why Retribution Paladins will also be getting Hammer of the Righteous, while Divine Storm is going to consume Holy Charges. By giving Retribution Paladins Hammer, are you trying to give Retribution Paladins a basic utility AoE and then Divine Storm will be used as a powerful based AoE? Why not just leave them Consecration? Retribution Paladins have always been about single target DPS. So, much like Rogue AoE, the utility of our AoE is more about helping a group power through mass mob adds, even at a drop in our own DPS. Will the bonus's that Hammer of the Righteous be fair for Retribution Paladins to have?
85 Draenei Death Knight
Because now that we can use up to three stuns at once (Gnaw, Remorseless Winter, Asphyxiate), giving us an actual CC we could use would be overpowered- from a PvP point of view of course. Course my bigger problem is that Unholy will never use it simply because we rely on the pets we have too much.
Much like Enslave Demon, except Warlocks could alternatively Fear the target in place.
Blood and Frost could use it, MAYBE, in a dungeon where the primary enemies are undead... which in Pandaria sounds like maybe... 1?

I wasn't looking for a CC. I was looking for another button to hit that would get SOME kind of usage other than... "Control Undead". I still think Corpse Explosion would be a much better baseline ability because it's something ANY spec of DK could use, and they could use it for either pve or pvp.

Soul Reaper will finally let Unholy get some much needed burst to finish off targets at low health! I can't express how infuriating it is to have a bear at 20% health NOT DIE and slowly kill me as I hit like a wet noodle.

@ Talents: No Corpse Explosion? Aw. Looks like remorseless winter got nerfed hard, but that's OK. Making us choose between baseline abilities is terrible and needs to be fixed. AMZ needs to be baseline for Unholy. Make Vampiric Blood baseline for Blood and replace its talent spot with the old Mark of Blood.

Why does AMZ need to be baseline for unholy? What would you put in it's place? I dunno, personally I think that tier is relatively solid, choosing between the type of utility you need. I have to admit that I *DO* like the idea of having the old Mark of Blood be a talent, but it was probably too powerful for tanks with the changes they made to Death Strike and the addition of blood shield in 4.0 (and I can't say that it still wouldn't be the case come 5.0 either).

(To nobody in particular) I'm also a little curious about how Unholy Blight is going to work. Will it continually reapply FF/BP (and Scarlet Fever/Ebon Plaguebringer, as the case may be) every second for the 10 seconds it's up? Does that basically extend the duration of our dots a full 10 seconds (from 30-40)? If so, how does it interact with unholy DKs using Festering Strike? Will the duration just continue to climb from the base 30s any time we hit the button while UHB is ticking, or will it reset to the base 30 every application?
90 Blood Elf Mage
Sad to see Blast Wave go, although I guess I can see why with Deep Freeze being baseline now as well as having other CC tools available to fire mages like Ice Ward and Frost Bomb.

On the subject of Frost Bomb though, I think it really limits its' effectiveness to give it a 1.5 second cast time and then a 6 second (reduced by haste yes I know) countdown before it actually slows anyone, and then to have that slow last 2 seconds. In my experience, when you want to slow something, you want it slowed like now. I don't really do rated PvP, but I do enough non-rated BGs to know that pretty much every melee class has some kind of slow they can apply to folks to keep them from running away. As such, slows are really more useful for maintaining distance rather than actually creating it. Part of why I'm sad to see Blast Wave go. I guess you could always try to time the Frost Bomb explosion to after you use some kind of distance creating spell, which could be an interesting game I suppose, but it almost seems like too much work for such a short slow.
FBI
I'm also a little curious about how Unholy Blight is going to work. Will it continually reapply FF/BP (and Scarlet Fever/Ebon Plaguebringer, as the case may be) every second for the 10 seconds it's up? Does that basically extend the duration of our dots a full 10 seconds (from 30-40)? If so, how does it interact with unholy DKs using Festering Strike? Will the duration just continue to climb from the base 30s any time we hit the button while UHB is ticking, or will it reset to the base 30 every application?

It'll just re-apply the 30 second diseases every second for the duration. I assume it'll be like hitting Outbreak: regardless of whether your diseases are at 3 seconds or... let's say a full minute duration, it'll reset them to 30 seconds, every tick (so it's effectively 40 seconds if your target stays in for the first and last). So it would be ill-advised to Festering Strike until Unholy Blight is over, since the next tick will cancel out the 6-second increase, unless you just want to burn off some runes.
Edited by Leviatharan on 2/19/2012 12:04 PM PST
The Wild Imps! What happened to them!? How could you do this to me!??!
THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!
90 Worgen Druid
One
Hi,

Can a blue or a game developers please outline when a restoration Druid would use the level 90 talent heart of the wild?.

It seems that all other healing class's (with the exception of monks and shammies - which is still work in progress) benefited with great healing or damage reduction talents at 90.

But "heart of the wild".....

I don't get it......

It was hard enough getting into a raid group in DS due to the lack of raid / tank damage reduction abilities.

Considering the fact that I've never played a bear tank.

Can you please explain to me how I'd heart of the wild going to benefit my raid group and make resto's a little more viable.
FBI
The Wild Imps! What happened to them!? How could you do this to me!??!
THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!

Wild Imps has not been cut. The code for it simply wasn't ready in time for this talent calculator update. Here, I'll show it to you!

http://twitter.com/KaivaxBlizzard/status/170195844048498690/photo/1

There ya go.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]