February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

90 Human Rogue
I just want to see I'm really happy with the updates to the rogue tree. There are still a few things that need fixing, but I love shuriken toss and the new 85 ability. Versatility is tempting, as well.
43 Night Elf Hunter
My Mage comments

Can you better explain Temporal Shield? How is it really different from Ice Barrier?

I don't understand Frostjaw. It sounds like a Counterspell except it also freezes the target. Since I'm really only casting this on a caster the freezing the target part doesn't really seem to offer than much of an additional benefit.

Mage Armor seems really mediocre now.

The bomb spells are boring. They're all basically the same except for the damage element.

Any chance of some sort of defensive ability against Hunters? We can't counterspell them because they don't cast. Rooting them doesn't do any good since they're a ranged class. Yet they can silence us.

I'm loving that you removed the polymorph tier on the tree. It was really meh.
Edited by Jawaka on 2/15/2012 2:23 PM PST
90 Human Priest
Uhm... is it me or has nothing changed for priests since Blizzcon?!

Spells like Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Divine Hymn, Renew, Heal, Holy Fire, Hymn of Hope and Holy Nova are still spec dependant instead of being class-wide (completely against the idea of class harmony and removing any healing utility Shadow ever had).

Devouring Plague and Vampiric Embrace are still missing.

If this is what they are going into FFA Beta and possibly release, I'm probably not going to be play my priest as my main anymore since right now from my perspective everything that has drawn me to play this class has been broken and/or changed.

Very, very, very unlikely that this will be the release build for Priests... seeing as how disc has DA proc'n from PoH, which we obviously do not have in the spec based on the current talent calculator, I suspect it is still be worked out. I doubt Blizzard plans to give us DA and not give us PoH in the disc tree. Additionally, we have no post-Cata priestwide spell (like shamans and their supercool Ascendance), which leads me further to believe that Priests are still being worked out (much as all the classes are probably being thrown around atm).
90 Gnome Rogue
aoe stealth...
AOE STEALTH!!!! =O

I have a few questions, however.

Anticipation.
This looks awesome. One point could use clarification, though. Can we build up combo points past the 5th one on the target, or will the only combo points being applied be the bonus ones that go beyond the 5th? As an example, the current Sinister Strike has a chance of giving two points. If I use it when I have 4 combo points on the target, one point will be applied to the target and one to Anticipation. If I use Sinister Strike again, will the combo point(s) be applied to Anticipation, or vanish into thin air?

Shroud of Concealment.
Again, AOE STEALTH!! I think the description is kind of vague, though. Will it be similar to Illidan's aoe stealth that he uses in the first part of the Well of Eternity dungeon, where the party can move relatively freely, or will it have a requirement that the party remain still? Will it usable in combat and, if so, will it affect threat levels? Lastly, do us rogues gain the same benefits from it as actual Stealth will give?

Shadow Walk
I'm not sure if this has been up there before today or not. I apologize if it has been. Does this ability allow you to sneak past mobs that can currently see stealth (eg: the Officers in SW, the dogs in Old Hillsbrad), or just give mobs that cannot see stealth less of a chance of finding you? Sounds really cool, either way.

Shuriken Toss
Simple question. Does this ability apply poisons?
Edited by Quicksting on 2/15/2012 2:04 PM PST
Why are the level 90 abilities such a joke? Does Blizz really hate druids? Heart of the wild has no use whats so ever if your a feral, especially if you a bear tank, cmon Blizz wake up.
90 Troll Shaman
I really liked the idea of being able to move my totems with Totemic Projection on the short CD it has. However, I do not like deciding between that and a blatant damage increase/another raid cd usage for this minuscule ability. Please reconsider this and make Totemic Projection available for all shaman through Specializations.
89 Night Elf Death Knight
aoe stealth...
AOE STEALTH!!!! =O

I have a few questions, however,.

Anticipation.
This looks awesome. One point could use clarification, though. Can we build up combo points past the 5th one on the target, or will the only combo points being applied be the bonus ones that go beyond the 5th? As an example, the current Sinister Strike has a chance of giving two points. If I use it when I have 4 combo points on the target, one point will be applied to the target and one to Anticipation. If I use Sinister Strike again, will the combo point(s) be applied to Anticipation, or vanish into thin air?

Shroud of Concealment.
Again, AOE STEALTH!! I think the description is kind of vague, though. Will it be similar to Illidan's aoe stealth that he uses in the first part of the Well of Eternity dungeon, where the party can move relatively freely, or will it have a requirement that the party remain still? Will it usable in combat and, if so, will it affect threat levels? Lastly, do us rogues gain the same benefits from it as actual Stealth will give?

Shadow Walk
I'm not sure if this has been up there before today or not. I apologize if it has been. Does this ability allow you to sneak past mobs that can currently see stealth (eg: the Officers in SW, the dogs in Old Hillsbrad), or just give mobs that cannot see stealth less of a chance of finding you? Sounds really cool, either way.

Shuriken Toss
Simple question. Does this ability apply poisons?

If you apply a poison to your thrown weapon (currently) it applies to to the target. Since in Mists we all should be losing that spare, relatively unused slot item, it should apply main-hand poison to the target if I read the intent here correctly.
85 Orc Death Knight
well i went stright to the DK talents and i liked it, BUT, there is one thing i didnt like, now Ebon Plaguebringer is the same +4% physical dmg that frost has as Brittle bones, is this intended? if im a really competitive raid leader, why would i want a frost and an unholy dk now?... i know this isn't final but is better to note these things asap
90 Human Paladin
02/15/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Detriment
Talent points for retribution still look useless to the extreme, on the order of at least 75% approaching 100.

No way, friend! Ret has been amazingly squishy this expansion - there are so many talents in here that can be used to buff survivability and even gives you a choice on how you are able to do it. It's neat.

Indeed. I'm liking the off-healer/support toolkit potential from some of the new talents.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I dig Shuriken Toss as an ability but, as a talent, it leaves much to be desired when stacked up against the potential the other two talents in the same tier have.
85 Tauren Death Knight
Could we get clearence on the rune costs for the Death Knight talents. Death Siphon looks really interesting for a PvP talent. But if it costs unholy runes, no thank you.
Lichborne and Vampric blood would be better.
is the warrior ability the puts a 50% slow on the target with all melee swings and all rend ticks still gonna be in the game? cuz that was the spell that i was most excited about pvpwise lol :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Got a question regarding Protection Paladin and Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous

In cataclysm, both abilities are linked and thus share their cooldown, what's more, they have an invisible haste buff baked into them when you choose the Protection spec that reduces their CD from 4.5 sec (which is what normally is for Retribution paladins) to 3.0 secs.

My questions are as follow, is this invisible haste buff still present for Protection Paladins going forward to 5.0, as the new talent tree update currently shows both CS and HoTR having 4.5 sec CDs and thus, actually in game they have a 3.0 sec cooldown -- or do they actually have a 4.5 sec cooldown? And if they have a 4.5 sec CD now, are they still linked or are they now unlinked?
90 Human Priest
02/15/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Tönks
Why are the level 90 abilities such a joke? Does Blizz really hate druids? Heart of the wild has no use whats so ever if your a feral, especially if you a bear tank, cmon Blizz wake up.

Scenario: Your one of two tanks and not tanking anything atm, one of your healers dies and your battle rezzes will be available in 30 seconds, pop Heart of the Wild to gain temporary healing capabilities until that battle rez is available?
90 Orc Death Knight
On Soul Reaper;

If it expires and the target is above 35% health, do we still get the haste buff?

Or does it only apply when the target dies first?
90 Undead Priest
OMG BLIZZ HATES PRIESTS IMMA UNSUB RIGHT NAO

But seriously, looking forward for when we get more info on priest changes and new stuff.
90 Night Elf Priest
Priest:

I finally figured out a month ago the purpose of psyfiend with it only lasting ten seconds; trinkets are kinda rendered useless and priest survivability goes up by ??%! How long does our pseudo-totem last?

But am I reading the new part right, and we get an AOE CC for PvE with it, since that would pretty much be 100% PvP? I'm all for AOE CC but I think other might complain about it being overpowered...

Yay, Dark Archangel makes sense again with consuming dark evangelism instead of shadow orbs!

Survivability talents still look like they'll be chosen by spec (Desperate prayer would benefit from Holy mastery, Angelic Bulwark from disc, and shadow wouldn't need to interrupt spell priority with final prayer).

Improved fade (Forgot the name) is no longer on the spell list, so what's our new spell? ): And it would be nice for shadow to have a raid CD. If songs are the priests' thing, and you don't want the Hymns being shared, maybe...uh...

Dirge of the Lost
Summons the ghosts of fallen allies to aid you for x seconds. Overall performance and/or health increased/decreased? A mass BRez, with an animation of the bodies are still there but players control ghosts that spawn on the corpse, before re-dying after a reasonable amount of seconds. The action bar would be the players' usual. Maybe they can jump over sharks too.

...Yeah, maybe not. Shadow not being able to do any heals besides flash is pretty disappointing. And the hymns being split too.

It's kinda funny that on the third version all specs still have Dark Thoughts and Holy Focus.
Edited by Lilendae on 2/15/2012 2:15 PM PST
Nope, please get away from this stupid idea of only 6 talent spots instead of the current 31-point talent trees. This new idea is wrong and isn't going to create much more for variety than what you have already.

Please stop it with this idea of making alot of the current talents Passive/Trainable or something you get as you choose a specialization. That is not a good idea at all. People should have to exercise their brain in deciding and wanting to take those talents instead of them being handed to them on the silver platter that is your cheap trainers.

Stick with your current 41-point talent trees and maybe try to put your DEV's team to working on revamping or fixing those instead. This new system looks absolutely ridiculous and dumbed down. No, it is not an idea in the right direction at all. I'll bet all my gold it ends up being an absolute mess in the end when this horrible idea for an xpac comes out.

Just last night I made a post on the Mists Forum of EVERYTHING that sounds completely wrong with what you're going to be doing with this new xpac. Go read it, Blizzard. It is a post I made for you, not for trolls or other people to refute me and call me an idiot when I know EVERYTHING I'm talking about and am looking ahead to the game's future. Particularly your big switch in your target audience. Time for me to officially grow up and move on, or just adopt a PS3 and play consoles anonymously and forget about being a professional mage.

P.S. Don't go through with these Talents. Just fix or modify what you currently have to work with.
Edited by Ginevra on 2/19/2012 10:48 PM PST
90 Goblin Death Knight
POSSIBLE BUG -

DK - LvL 60 - Death Siphon - Has no cost, no recast timer, and is instant cast...
Edited by Whaang on 2/15/2012 2:09 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]