February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

85 Tauren Druid
Final Prayer - Should the talent read "anytime a damaging attack would bring you below 30% health"? If not, it's unclear how the talent would work in some situations.

I believe it is not would but does.

In this instance if you are at 40% health and you get hit for 20% you are now at 20% health, but with the 20% shield.

If you are shielded at 40% health, but the attack only takes your health down 10% the shield may not proc as your health has not dipped below 30%. If the attack takes you down by 11% the shield will proc.
85 Tauren Druid
Are you basing this off of actual information? Or are you guessing? The description isn't clear and the point I was making is it's difficult to give feedback on the talent because of that. It's also an important clarification that I would like to see them (Blizzard) make so that we can clearly assess the talent.

I am guessing based on the information provided in the tooltip stating 'When one of your attacks generates a combo point'. Given this statement it is not hard to think of it as an event added to cp builder abilities coding wise. It is just something that triggers only when an ability that generates combo points has been used. The thing about HaT is that there is no player-used ability that applies the combo points, instead its added as a proc by the HaT aura. That leads me to think that HaT may not add Anticipation points, but will fill up the standard cps faster than non-HaTs allowing all Anticipation charges to be added at a similar rate between all three specs as those without HaT and those with HaT will have to build Anticipation the 'slower' way unless you are Mut with Seal Fate or get glyph procs.
Edited by Koaleaf on 2/20/2012 1:33 PM PST
85 Night Elf Rogue

The fact that it is a burst ability did not escape me, and is in fact what makes it valuable. It gives back to rogues the ability to wait and do damage WHEN we need to, as opposed to the frantic spam to keep up with the energy bar (which is what high end Combat has become). However if it is a DPS increase, it then competes with the redirect talent in unpleasant ways. Especially if Bandit's Guile remains unchanged.

This is something that really just needs to be tested a lot. Flexibility gives the rogue shorter buildup between enemies or allows for the unloading of a 5cp finisher on something other than their main target. I wonder about Sub using Flexibility to spread ruptures all around. With HaT and Serrated Blades it could be possible for Subs to use Rupture on multiple enemies and Evis them individually to simply refresh.

This is certainly a possibility but realistically there are not a lot of fights where a rogue is going to be able to pull this off to much effect. Basically you're talking cleave fights where the mobs live long enough for Rupture to at least tick full duration and can be placed right next to each other. Not to mention this only works for Sub, and it does not split your white damage which is a large part of rogue dps, and you still need to deal with positional attacks which starts to make it even less useful. ( I cannot see this being maintainable on a fight like Warmaster for example, not unless you switch to Hemo, which is a dps loss.) And then there is still the issue that Combat has Blade Flurry so if you're in this kind of fight the likely hood you would be Sub and not combat is ... very low.

There might be a very small number of fights where Shuriken Toss or Versatility manage to add more damage than Anticipation. However looking at the current descriptions and applying them to encounters that are already in game I am hard pressed to come up with very many. As I said, if you are railroaded into the same talent for 90% of encounters then that is a failed design. Especially when discussing something as important as the level 90 talents which should be the coolest and most interesting of choices you get.

As far as the tool tip goes, it is unclear if the "Ability" that adds the combo point includes it's related talent/glyph proc. I still maintain that it's better if it DOESN'T. I also maintain that they should make an exception for HAT for the reasons I stated before, since without Hat this ability is a flat DPS loss and you would never want to let it stack.

90 Tauren Death Knight
*still drooling over Soul Reaper*

Unholy is gonna be fun.
90 Undead Warlock
Why did they take away wild imps from warlocks!? That was all I was looking forward too! Please tell me it will be one of the glyphs or something. Throw me a bone here!
1 Human Paladin
EDIT: Realized I accidentally posted this on an alt. See below on the page, I'm http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Astrylian/. You could say I have a bit of raiding experience.

02/20/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Arielle
Honestly I just think the concept of being a watered down, weak hybrid DPS for portions of a fight is just not going to work. The track record of encounters just does not support it when you really dig into the fights. Even if I accept that there are a couple, are we really going to have our signature tier designed around a once a tier fight?

I never said it was a good talent. It's pretty horribly implemented.

I was merely trying to provide examples for its intended use, at least currently. The idea of being able to switch to a different role on a cooldown can be pretty attractive for both tanks and DPS. Unfortunately the lack of available buttons or even Mastery will make it pretty much useless.

I'm curious. I keep seeing people dismissing Heart of the Wild as useless, and don't understand why. Can you explain your reasoning on this?

You (and others) refer to it like you'll be a subpar version of the other roles; what gives you this impression? Sure, you won't have as varied of a toolkit as the actual spec, but what gives you the impression that you won't perform as well? If I'm a Cat, and I hit HotW, I can shift out and blanket the raid in super powerful Rejuvs, and/or spam gigantic Healing Touches. Sure, I don't have Regrowth or Lifebloom, but does that mean that my Rejuvs and Health Touches aren't still incredibly strong? Everything I can see says that while you'll only have a few spells for your off-roles, they'll actually hit incredibly hard with HotW up.

I see tons of potential uses for it, in almost every fight, not just a few. Many fights have phases that are more or less stressful on healing that others; it's rarely one constant difficulty the whole fight. As a Bear, I could shift out and spam gigantic Wraths for a phase where the other tank is tanking, or the boss is untanked, or even help heal. As a Cat, I could shift out and spam Wrath for a ranged phase, or help heal during a very healing intensive phase. As a Moonkin, there are frequently spots in fights where more healing would be beneficial, but unneeded the rest of the fight. And as a healer, there are almost always times where more healing isn't needed, but more DPS almost always is (do you really never use the current benefit to Wrath in Tree of Life form? If not, you definitely should).

Just look at Dragon Soul for examples:

Morchok: Cats/Bears would love to Wrath through Black Bloods. DPS could help heal when it gets rough sub-20%.
Zon'ozz: An extra healer would be extremely valuable in the black phase. And a Cat being able to switch to Wrath during the black phase would also be super useful, where the adds are all spread out.
Yor'sahj: The many different phases involved here scream for this great utility. During a black phase, a resto druid could go Cat and deal incredible swipe damage. Or during whatever phase is challenging your healers, any DPS could help heal.
Hagara: Wrathspam would be a huge boon to a Cat in Ice phases. And if you're having trouble with damage in lightning phase, a DPS or tank could help stabilize healing.
Ultraxion: Most guilds commonly run with a healer that DPSes for the first 2/3 of the fight. They could do that, and have the healer do more damage this way, OR they could go with one less healer and have a DPS or two switch to healing with HotW for the last minute.
Blackhorn: Cats being able to switch to Wrath for range on the drakes would be useful. Or maybe you run with only 1 tank, and have a Cat go Bear with HotW to help tank only occasionally. When there's no healing going on in phase 1, a healer could help DPS.
Spine: Tons of opportunity for healers to help DPS tendons. Or for a DPS to help tank for periods where the bloods start really stacking up.
Madness: Another one where healing requirements ramp up over the fight, and so a healer DPSing in the first half would be very helpful.

This isn't something where it'd only be useful on one fight of a tier; I see HotW being useful on almost every fight. Yeah, it's more difficult to use, because you have to actually have those off-role abilities on your bar and know how to use them effectively. But the opportunity is definitely there. I'd really love to hear why the naysayers think that this talent will be useless; it sounds like you're just missing the fact that it makes you not just good, but *really really good* at the off-role for 45sec.
Edited by Toebreaker on 2/21/2012 12:47 AM PST
3 Blood Elf Paladin
02/20/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Derix
Why did they take away wild imps from warlocks!? That was all I was looking forward too! Please tell me it will be one of the glyphs or something. Throw me a bone here!

Wild Imps has not been cut. The code for it simply wasn't ready in time for this talent calculator update. Here, I'll show it to you!

http://twitter.com/KaivaxBlizzard/status/170195844048498690/photo/1
90 Worgen Druid
One
Toebreaker,

It would be great if you could log into a toon that's actually level 85 so we can actually have a look at you and your experience.

I'm not saying that Hotw is completely useless to feral going bear or feral going resto or feral going balance but it's completely useless for resto going anything but resto.

Your suggestions indicate a potential for this talent at a normal level with reasonable gear e.g level 396+ resto on normal mode spine with a 5% buff - were the resto can afford a few wrath casts on the tendon BUT you obviously have not done heroic spine or madness of deathwing for that matter or if you have you must be super super super amazing.

HOTW should stay for feral > bear feral > balance and vice Versa.

E.G. Normal 10 man spine you could 2 heal quite easily now.... why would a RL bring a 3rd healer who can dps for 45 secs when they can jsut bring an additional dps like a shadow priest.

Your points are not valid whatsoever.

Resto druids should have the balance treants option were the treants actully heal rather than dps. But increase the cd so it's not OP.

2nd . Resto Druids have to waste 4 GCD's to use their shrooms and explode them.
Why can't you make them similar to the holy priests holy sanctuary. Holy Sanc currently has a 10sec CD and roughly a 2sec casts and also heals the entire raid? But the Shrooms version will costs 4 GCD's.

Resto druids should not go through the experimental phase of hybrid toons - we are already fighting an uphill battle to even include 1 Resto druid in end content heroics.

Ate you serious?
Edited by Tranqx on 2/20/2012 10:04 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
And Toebreaker says....

Seriously....? "really really good"...?

You are telling me a feral kitty with no mastery, a one handed caster mace and off-hand (so almost no weapon damage, please look at the ability tooltips), and half the abilities is "really really good"? Sigh...

As for the examples you gave:

Morchok: Cats/Bears would love to Wrath through Black Bloods. DPS could help heal when it gets rough sub-20%.

The cool-down is too long to have it up for any more than just one of them, and even then it is already tricky for casters to position to do this without killing themselves. It is not a given even for them. And a healer would have no use for weak melee DPS at any point in the fight, it requires constant healing between stomps.

Zon'ozz: An extra healer would be extremely valuable in the black phase. And a Cat being able to switch to Wrath during the black phase would also be super useful, where the adds are all spread out.

Actually DPS during the black phase is just as, if not more important than raw healing, by taking down flails and eyes which are the highest source of raid damage. Having a DPS heal would not be very helpful at all. We already have multiple DPS that can heal with cds, such as DPS with tranq, and they never use it during this fight. Te evidence is already there that this is a no-go.

And again, healers would have no place for weak melee DPS in this fight at any point.

Yor'sahj: The many different phases involved here scream for this great utility. During a black phase, a resto druid could go Cat and deal incredible swipe damage. Or during whatever phase is challenging your healers, any DPS could help heal.

Have you ever healed this fight? There is no room for either. A DPS can not heal strong enough to be worthwhile when a purple glob is up, and would need to be DPSing during any black glob to keep up with adds. They would not have the regen or mana tools to deal with a blue glob either. In reverse, a healer has no place ever going DPS, either they need to be on their strict group assignment during a purple glob, using their mana tools to regen following a blue glob, or straight up healing in a yellow/red. A black would always be in combination with one of the above... and even so, how is this "incredible swipe damage" going to happen with a weapon damage based attack using a one handed (or any) caster weapon setup? Yeh..

Hagara: Wrathspam would be a huge boon to a Cat in Ice phases. And if you're having trouble with damage in lightning phase, a DPS or tank could help stabilize healing.

A big huh when it comes to a cat ever using ranged attacks in this fight?? Really.. huh? Mobility and feral charging to the next target is far better. You want them to plant and cast wraths instead....?

As for healing in lightning phases, for DPS, that might work. But then again I have stated multiple times in this thread that the reverse (DPS healing) has always been much more viable. It's making heals do weak DPS that never really will work.. as you will just remove the healer and replace them with a real DPS if it ever allows for it.

Ultraxion: Most guilds commonly run with a healer that DPSs for the first 2/3 of the fight. They could do that, and have the healer do more damage this way, OR they could go with one less healer and have a DPS or two switch to healing with HotW for the last minute.

It is a DPS race... so having a DPS switch to be a mediocre healer, and steal the valuable buffs, just doesn't make any sense. As for the reverse, it would actually not be plausible for a druid in this case since the red buff was all that really worked for us. But in general you are right that 1 to 2 healers out of 5 in this fight could dps at the start.

Blackhorn: Cats being able to switch to Wrath for range on the drakes would be useful. Or maybe you run with only 1 tank, and have a Cat go Bear with HotW to help tank only occasionally. When there's no healing going on in phase 1, a healer could help DPS.

Honestly you are just searching on this one... really none of that makes sense or fits the fight. Just as a healer, the spike damage is so strong in this fight you are constantly triage healing. Have no clue where you get that there is no healing in P1... And kitties using wrath again is just...lol. Have you ever seen straight boomkin wrath DPS?

Spine: Tons of opportunity for healers to help DPS tendons. Or for a DPS to help tank for periods where the bloods start really stacking up.

I talked about this fight earlier in the thread. As a healer searings are still being sent out and need to be healed, there is only a 10 second portion you could even really use it. The CD doesn't even match in length or repeatability, and you lose your LB maintenance which is our core mana "battery" spell. As a DPS "tanking" ....come on.. have you even seen what it takes to tank bloods on this fight. You really are proposing a moonkin go and tank them? I wont even go into the management of Blood of Netherion on the tanks and the dozen other details...

Madness: Another one where healing requirements ramp up over the fight, and so a healer DPSing in the first half would be very helpful.

And another where mana management is critical. The whole fight is trying to get to the 4th platform with as much mana as possible as a healer. Forcing 3 heals to carry the burden until then, or even two platforms, will have a huge impact there. You will essentially go into the final platform with half the healers having no mana, and to be honest DPS is not the issue in this fight until the healing intensive parts anyways when you lose the aspect buffs..

Even with 6 healers, fully healing and managing mana, it is still a struggle to have mana for the second phase..

In general:

I honestly don't really think you have played these specs when raiding... Pretty much any druid I have talked to agrees that this just won't work in PVE except on all all but the most gimmicky "once per tier" fights, and specifically only for DPS healing at times, or a feral tanking. And then there are the finer points for the specs, like resto druids and LB up-time, which is our personal and even the raids mana battery, which does not fit at all with going feral for long periods. I could go on but these are just piling on the already huge heap of badness that is HoTW.

You way over estimate the cross over ability to do these roles. Again, I find it almost humorous that you are telling me a feral kitty with no mastery, a one handed caster mace and off-hand, with half the needed abilities is "really really good"? Or that you think that a pure wrath spam does any significant damage even for a fully decked out boomkin, much less a feral cat during this CD? Really? It will much better than now, which is literally almsot nothing, but is still just pitiful compared to a real DPS. I can't tell if you have a druid or have even played one since you posted on an level 1 alt, but that would lead me to believe that is exactly why you did.

As I have said before, from a restoration druid perspective, if you ever reduce the healing to a point where you could plausibly have one switch constantly, the raid will just bring another DPS instead.

And again, the reverse works much better, so yes, a DPS healing for a portion of the fight has always been much more viable. Which only makes the situation WORSE for a restoration druid. If you make healing so patchy and weak you can have them ever use this watered down and weak DPS, then that same DPS that can heal even better in MoP becomes the perfect replacement for them......
Edited by Fangthorn on 2/20/2012 9:57 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
New warrior talents suck.
90 Human Warrior
true that
90 Night Elf Druid
So wait, if the Rogue poisons are moving the the melee critical strike table, with Faerie Fire move to the melee hit table for Feral Druids? It's a little irritating as of right now on Tendons and such for Spine of Deathwing.
90 Worgen Druid
One
Tranqx
85 Worgen Druid
One
3870 Edited by Tranqx on 2/20/12 10:04 PM (PST)
Toebreaker,

It would be great if you could log into a toon that's actually level 85 so we can actually have a look at you and your experience.

I'm not saying that Hotw is completely useless to feral going bear or feral going resto or feral going balance but it's completely useless for resto going anything but resto.

Your suggestions indicate a potential for this talent at a normal level with reasonable gear e.g level 396+ resto on normal mode spine with a 5% buff - were the resto can afford a few wrath casts on the tendon BUT you obviously have not done heroic spine or madness of deathwing for that matter or if you have you must be super super super amazing.

HOTW should stay for feral > bear feral > balance and vice Versa.

E.G. Normal 10 man spine you could 2 heal quite easily now.... why would a RL bring a 3rd healer who can dps for 45 secs when they can jsut bring an additional dps like a shadow priest.

Your points are not valid whatsoever.

Resto druids should have the balance treants option were the treants actully heal rather than dps. But increase the cd so it's not OP.

2nd . Resto Druids have to waste 4 GCD's to use their shrooms and explode them.
Why can't you make them similar to the holy priests holy sanctuary. Holy Sanc currently has a 10sec CD and roughly a 2sec casts and also heals the entire raid? But the Shrooms version will costs 4 GCD's.

Resto druids should not go through the experimental phase of hybrid toons - we are already fighting an uphill battle to even include 1 Resto druid in end content heroics.

Are you serious?
Edited by Tranqx on 2/20/2012 11:47 PM PST
87 Night Elf Druid
Whoops, didn't mean to post that on an alt. Fixed. <-- Toebreaker. MT/RL/GL of an 8/8H 25man guild. I think I have some perspective, just as you two do.

All of the examples I gave apply to heroics.

Seriously....? "really really good"...?

Yeah. Getting 150% of your Agility as Int, and vice versa, is more than enough to account for the weapon difference, and you can always just weapon swap anyway. There are no more huge passive damage boosts associated with each spec, so all that you're missing in terms of throughput is mastery and the spells you don't have, and a few other relatively minor spec passives (EDIT: OK, Insect Swarm is pretty huge; they should account for that). If there's any of those conversions that are too weak, we can argue for them buffing it. But the obvious intent is that you (while having a limited toolkit) have extremely strong raw performance at alternate roles, and we should judge it as such. Maybe the Resto->X conversions are too weak, and should be buffed.

Don't want to go through every one of those examples again, but...
Morchok: Yeah, it'd only be used once. Probably not the best fight for it, but useful none the less.
Zon'ozz: Gunna just disagree; the difference in healing from an extra healer in black is really big, especially if it's coming from someone who wasn't especially fast at killing tentacles, like a Cat.
Yor'sahj: Yeah, of course you wouldn't switch roles during Purple. If anything, I'd see dropping a healer, and having a DPS help heal with HotW during Red+Yellow+Black (or whatever happens to challenge your group).
Hagara: Uh, yeah, a Cat being ranged would be awesome. Do you not stack ranged in the middle? You should.
Ultraxion: Could just 3-4 heal, and have a DPS switch to heal for the last minute.
Blackhorn: If you assume that Wrathspam ends up being good DPS for a Cat in HotW, it makes sense.
Spine: Yeah, I tank bloods on this. And yeah, a Cat goes Bear and helps tank for the last plate (an amalg and a few bloods). And you don't have to lose your LB to DPS. Refresh that LB every 9sec and keep DPSing. If it'll help get a tendon down (not that that's terribly difficult since the nerf), it's worth it. You could do it on 1st and 6th tendon phases. (or 5th, if that lined up better).
Madness: Mana management? With HotW, DPSing is free, so you're high on mana, and it's super easy to heal efficiently in the beginning so isn't going to OOM the other healers. Sure, that extra DPS in the beginning isn't going to be especially useful either, though.

My point is not that these are all super great uses for HotW, rather that there are great uses for it, but it takes planning how you do the fight around them. It really sounds like you guys think that you'll be terrible at whatever role you switch to for HotW; if you instead assume that you'll actually be awesome at it, how does that change your impression of it?

EDIT: Example of a Cat going ranged. With a weapon swap, the Cat's Moonfire and Wrath will hit 50% harder than a Balance druid without Moonkin Form, Insect Swarm, and Eclipse. Moonkin Form and IS make the balance druid hit 37.5% harder, so now the Cat only hits 9% harder than the non-eclipsed Moonkin. When Eclipsed, the Moonkin will obviously do much more damage (can't say exactly how much more, varies with gear). But the net effect is that by Moonfire+Wrathspamming, the Cat does a bit more damage than a non-eclipsed Moonkin. Maybe that needs to be even stronger, but it's a far cry from 'pitiful' damage.
Edited by Astrylian on 2/21/2012 12:48 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
02/20/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Arubias
I understand that warrior's actually hit with their weapons and ferals use their claws instead, but just for clarification, what's going on with feral damage?

Ferals may not swing the weapon with their teeth, but the damage is based on weapon damage. A staff / polearm is NOT "just a stat stick" to a feral.

02/21/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Astrylian
There are no more huge passive damage boosts associated with each spec, so all that you're missing in terms of throughput is mastery and the spells you don't have

You do know that only Feral gets Shred, Mangle, Rip, and SR, right? So you're going to do "decent" DPS with Rake and Claw with the occasional FB. I can't speak for what spells you'll still have as non-balance druid aside from the fact that you won't have the mastery or eclipse to buff it, I don't generally pay attention to anything but Feral, but I'd assume they're pretty pared down as well.

I still think the starter fix to this would be to give all druid class abilities to the druid for that 45 seconds. They can pick whichever abilities they want to pre-set on a separate actionbar that comes down - much like changing forms currently gives you a new bar. (Yes, this is a little bit clunky, since you'll have to USE the skill, and then only get 45 seconds to set it up at any given time.) Whether possible to be coded with the current iteration of WoW, I have no idea (since you would need yet another bar added (I think? Unless ToL doesn't have a bar associated with it anymore, in which case we could use that one), to avoid mucking with ability setups that druids and / or other classes already have). But as a healer, giving you 10k DPS (like a Disc priest gets the entire fight (or more) - though I doubt it would even be that high for a healer) for 45 seconds just seems... lackluster. For a Feral on something like lootship, if you're short on ranged for the drake, this MIGHT work, but I still feel that it would be very dependent on the abilities you have.

I like the idea for the ability from a feral perspective (sorta). But how much actual healing can I throw out with Feral's tiny mana pool with just Rejuv and HT? (Which are already some of the more expensive healing spells in terms of mana / hps, no?)

How much of a tank could I be with no Mastery and no CDs (FR / SI) besides a 10 second barkskin? An impale would 1-shot me, since actual bears need to use Barkskin + 1 other CD to survive it 90% of the time.

(Note: I know I'mma small fry here, coming from a casual guild. :P But most of this applies to normals or HMs at the point when they're current content for the player, not current hardest content for the hardest core guilds.)
Edited by Taswind on 2/21/2012 2:03 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
One
Cheers for logging onto your main.

My issue is not for feral > boomy or feral > bear

My issue is Resto > Bear > boomy >

If DS was the example i couldnt really see any examples where a resto druid would benefit from going bear or feral esp in spine or madness etc.

The most obvious way to fix this ... is add a glyph which allows Resto Druids to use treants for healing rather than DPS..

Just like they did with mushroom - or they intend on doing...

But you also need to ask yourself 1 very important question......

As a Resto Druid - after the encounter has started and the raid is stacked up...... and taking consistent AOE damage - - Would you waste 4 GCD's to plant shrooms and theN detonate them?.

or would you go TOL and rejuv, WG AND swift the raid.

The holy priest counterpart spell ( holy sanctuary) seems to be exactly the same as the intended shrooms but that's like a 2 secs cast ..

Edited by Tranqx on 2/21/2012 1:38 AM PST
87 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I think anything going TO cat seems like it's going to be incredibly weak; Rake+Claw+Bite just isn't enough. But the others definitely have a shot. Maybe HotW does need to be a bit stronger. But the spirit of the talent does seem pretty obvious to me. I don't think they need all the abilities; a strong enough buff outweighs it, as long as they have the baseline. Rake+Shred+Bite seems like enough to me (though the buff has to be strong enough to account for Roar too).

Also regarding the Cat going heals and going OOM; HotW has a mana regen buff in it too. But, looking at how expensive HT and Rejuv are, yeah, it probably needs to be a lot stronger. Also, all druids have Might of Ursoc; that's the +30% max health part of FR. Still probably not enough to take an Impale (other than with Ysera, of course), but then Impale is a pretty gigantic tank check.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Reading some of these comments makes me wonder if my monitor is broken... Im looking at the calculator linked on the page 1 blue post of this thread right?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#U!

02/21/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Astrylian
150% of your Agility as Int, and vice versa, is more than enough to account for the weapon difference

It clearly states 50% not 150%...

02/21/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Tranqx
add a glyph which allows Resto Druids to use treants for healing rather than DPS

The force of nature tooltip clearly states "Summons three treants to assist in the druid's current combat role. Trant capabilities vary by specialization"...

Are you guys consulting a calculator from somewhere else? Or is my internet erroneously sending me to an old calculator?

Oh, also

02/21/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Tranqx
The holy priest counterpart spell ( holy sanctuary) seems to be exactly the same as the intended shrooms but that's like a 2 secs cast ..

I think you mean Holy: Word Sanctuary, but other than a similar name nothing you said bears any resemblance to the spell. It's a 0.5s cast, not 2s. It has a 40s cd, not 10s. It heals targets in an area over time (lasts 18s), unlike mushrooms which are a one time 'pulse' heal. It's very similar to the current efflorescence, and somewhat similar to the 'efflorescence effect' thats been rolled into the new swiftmend, but only really like mushrooms in that they're both aoe heals with no target limit. I wouldnt call it a counterpart spell.

My take on mushrooms is that, on most fights, there are times where you need to pump out heals as fast as you can and times when you can catch your breath a bit. Mushrooms would be to 'bank' healing gcds. Save up a few gcds when you dont need them, and when it's critical, get a heal in one gcd equivalent to what would otherwise take you several. Whether it's strong enough is a question, but it seems to have a clear place in the druid toolkit to me.
Edited by Essande on 2/21/2012 3:07 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]