February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

90 Orc Shaman
Curious what Lava Beam is with the Elemental Shaman Ascendance ability.
DPS warriors will be removed from WoW on MoP?!

Throwdown - Removed
1,2,3 tier are just defensive skills

4 tier - Bladestorm can be disarmed, yet?! ok, trash.. - cd of disarm - 1min -> cd of Bladestorm - 1.5min... awsome!!

5 tier - OMG Its real?!?! Just protection warriors.. 25seg cd on spell reflection and mass reflection for a single spell?! really?!?!

6 tier - ok!

Now Skills:

Reckless - 20% more damage recived... maybe can be used on PVE or like suicide warriors on pvp.
Heroic leap - Can we use that? or "Path not available"? a single climb turn this skill unuseless, try on warsong gulch.
Flurry - Removed!! Plz, 9% on melee hits! Look the enrage today, how many time its up during a boss encounter? Imagine how many time will be, on pvp!
War Banner - Raid CD? will get some exhaulstion? What cd? Can be destroyed?
Rampage - Was removed? Good, was a awful "talent".
Retaliation - What is that? *puff*

And look with special attention plz the rage management. This resource have the lowest limit on game and warrior just have it. No combo points, runes, holly power or mana. Just rage.

This is all for the moment... If some warrior DPS are happy with this New Tree and skills plz tell me: Why?! I want know, i need some hope...

all primary dps abilities will be in the classes specalizations, the talents provide flavor and benefits outside of dps, for example, T1 gives you mobility, T2 gives you survivability that you can chose from an on use ability with a low effect with low CD, a passive benefit, or an on use ability with large benefit (likely for burn phases) on a longer CD

T3 provides aoe utility for adds, with the option of being a snare, a root, or an interupt (which will likely be useable to interupt the bosses 'death cast')

T4 has dps options as each ability does damage, shockwave is low damage on low CD, with some utility, avitar is decent CD with a X% damage boost, and some utility, and blade storm is a good AoE damage boost with mobility utility

T5 provides great raid utility, for example, you notice your tank is dangerously low in hp, you chose enraged regeneration (T2) and vigelance (T5), you can now sheild wall, enraged regen, and then vigelance your tank, and give your healers a little breathring rooim to heal him back up, whilke you are taking reduced damage because you are healing yourself and taking less damage because of sheild wall, while only taking 30% of your tanks damage (which means you will be easy to heal up through raid heal hots)

T6 is a dps boost

warrior talents are not bad, just rememebr that your damage 'talents' are now in your specalizations and baseline in the abilitys that are specific for that specalization
100 Human Mage
I'm hoping I can get this question answered...

Me and my fellow mages are wondering what happened to the Orb spells. Were they removed? We noticed that the Frost Orb is the only one in this talent preview build. It makes sense to remove it from the other specs, as currently the Frost spec is the one mage spec that REALLY needs to use it as it increases their proc rates immensely.

But I can't help but feel Flame/Arcane Orb were just accidently left off the talent build. And I also wonder if they'll do anything interesting like Frost/Frostfire Orb other than doing a little extra damage like Fire Orb currently does.
Edited by Bombmagic on 2/21/2012 9:34 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Warlock
As long as the warlock never lets her mana bar fill up and burn her embers, she's maximizing damage. This is very different from the standard caster model where priority is placed on casting at all times and ordering spells based on cooldown.

Our hope is that the Destruction Warlock will attract players who are interested in a playstyle that rewards spending resources at the right time, rather than constantly casting.

Hold on just a moment. This is starting to sound familiar.

Not hitting a button every GCD. A quickly depleted and recharged main resourced used to build a secondary resource spent for big special attacks. Max DPS achieved from never letting the main resource cap out while spending the secondary resource effectively. That strange Auto-Wand ability listed on the Talent Calculator that no other spec or class has.

Are telling me you're experimenting with turning Destro into a blue energy bar Rogue-like spec? That's either completely insane or completely awesome. Possibly both.
85 Orc Warrior
Question 1: Where are shield block and shield barrier for arms and fury and where did intimidating shout go?

Question 2: What happened to the idea of removing shield requirements from spell reflect, shield block/barrier and shield wall?

Question 3: Going from the above question, will our archaic designs be revamped? These include: enraged regen requiring an enrage, shield requirements, exceptionally long cooldowns on recklessness, retaliation and shield wall and the increased damage taken during recklessness.
Edited by Flaks on 2/21/2012 9:49 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
Question: How does Destruction’s Ember system work?

Answer: Basically, you build embers with some spells, and then spend those embers with Soul Fire, Ember Tap, or Fire and Brimstone.

Internally, this is how it works:

Immolate – DD + DoT on the target
Incinerate – generates 1/10th ember, or 2/10ths if it crits an immolated target.
Fel Flame – generates 1/10th ember, or 2/10ths if it crits an immolated target.
Conflagrate – triggers Backdraft and has a 12 second cooldown.

Soul Fire – consumes one ember instead of mana.
Fire and Brimstone – costs 1 ember and has no cooldown.
Ember Tap – costs 1 embers.

Each full ember costs 0.33% of your maximum health per second. If you stay below 1 ember, you take no damage.

Very interesting, thanks for the information.

Also a question: Is there any chance that Destro will get some sort of instant pet recovery? Looking at the calculator, we're the only spec that doesn't have one, and since Destro is dependent on their pets for Destructive Influence I'm not looking forward to standing still doing nothing for 6 seconds if there's an accident. Maybe add something that costs and ember to make pet summons instant?
85 Night Elf Warrior
So how did "tanks will want hit" die? How does hitting the mob have anything to do with survivability? Where is the direct link? Where is the payoff between a tank running an optimized rotation vs a "that guy"?

If the answer is "oh, you get rage and thus get to block more" is the answer, well, I think you might want to pay some of the MMO math guys. I can't see missing 1-2 GCD without block while ignoring hit/exp as we were forced to do this entire xpac as somehow being less mitigation than "always 100% passively unhittable". IE: it feels like me might ignore and hate hit, and go with avoidance again.

I was so looking forward to something like "each successful white attack increases your dodge/parry/miss by x%", because then no tank would ever want anything less than caps. Great big sigh here.
85 Troll Warlock
im a veteran destro lock and i have a couple of questions!

bane of doom appears to be gone and "havoc" still says the damage is taken by the baned target, but we no longer have banes, what happens? can you havoc a single target and that target take the extra 4 shots?

fel flame only says it increases corruption duration, destro only uses immo now, will it also increase immos duration?

the word emberstorm is being thrown around a lot as the mastery, u mentioned it as happening when we conflag, and it also happens when we kill a target with shadow burn. what exactly is emberstorm? and will shadow burn do fire damage like it does today or is it reverting to shadow damage only?

those are my simple questions for now any insight would be greatly appreciated. Really excited to see the new destro changes!! :D
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/21/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Nevarmoar
the word emberstorm is being thrown around a lot as the mastery, u mentioned it as happening when we conflag, and it also happens when we kill a target with shadow burn. what exactly is emberstorm? and will shadow burn do fire damage like it does today or is it reverting to shadow damage only?

1. Immolate the target
2. Conflagrate to trigger emberstorm
3. Incinerate to generate embers
4. Continue until you are low on mana

I think Kaivax might have typo'ed when he stated Conflag would trigger Emberstorm. I think he meant to say Backdraft. So essentially we Immo, then Conflag to get Backdraft, then Backdraft helps us to cast more Incinerates which builds up embers, then we use soul fire to expend an ember once we actually build one up.
Edited by Spammusubi on 2/21/2012 11:08 PM PST
Sorry if this sounds like a really stupid question, but...

Grimoire of Sacrifice gives you a temporary 30% boost, then 15% after that.

Is this intended to be something we go:

- Summon Pet
- Sacrifice
- Enjoy 30% Buff
- Resummon pet after buff drops to 15%
- Repeat

Or is the 15% permanent boost intended to let Grimoire of Sacrifice function as a Petless Warlock style? I've grown tired of pet babysitting and AI/Pathing issues over the years. The idea of viable Petless Warlock sounds awesome to me.
85 Troll Warlock
only spec that doesnt have pet modifiers/benefits is affliction. if u sac your pet as demo or destro you lose out on innate talents that are important so its a sizable drawback
85 Troll Warlock
02/21/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Spammusubi

1. Immolate the target
2. Conflagrate to trigger emberstorm
3. Incinerate to generate embers
4. Continue until you are low on mana

I think Kaivax might have typo'ed when he stated Conflag would trigger Emberstorm. I think he meant to say Backdraft. So essentially we Immo, then Conflag to get Backdraft, then Backdraft helps us to cast more Incinerates which builds up embers, then we use soul fire to expend an ember once we actually build one up.

i gave him the benefit of the doubt he didnt xD theres also a lot of the word ember being thrown around and not all of it is in the same context, just cant tell whats going on lol
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/21/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Nevarmoar
i gave him the benefit of the doubt he didnt xD theres also a lot of the word ember being thrown around and not all of it is in the same context, just cant tell whats going on lol

I think I got it cracked.

Emberstorm is just the name of Destro's mastery. Once you get it it just boosts the boost burning embers gives to the spells.

Unstable embers, if it is a correct tooltip for Shadowburn, seem to me to be the building blocks of burning embers. I think, based off given info, we build unstable embers to 10 at which point it becomes a burning ember. It is the burning embers that deal damage to locks when they are up until they are consumed by one of the three specified spells. Which makes me wonder if we use shadowburn and the target dies, but is the only target, we just hit ember tap to wipe it instead of die slowly as we have nobody to actually cast a soul fire against or a target for fire and brimstone.
02/21/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Nevarmoar
only spec that doesnt have pet modifiers/benefits is affliction. if u sac your pet as demo or destro you lose out on innate talents that are important so its a sizable drawback

I figured that was the point of the 15% boost. So it would equal out to what you lost from losing your pets.
85 Troll Warlock
02/21/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Aywen

I figured that was the point of the 15% boost. So it would equal out to what you lost from losing your pets.

it would have to be big enough to offset the other two talent bonus's plus the talents wed keep with them, who knows they might scale better with those talents. like the double pets for 30s might tick down faster casts on soulfire for destro, providing more synergy and thus a better talent choice for pure MELT TEH FACE
100 Gnome Warlock
02/21/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Nevarmoar
bane of doom appears to be gone and "havoc" still says the damage is taken by the baned target, but we no longer have banes, what happens? can you havoc a single target and that target take the extra 4 shots?

Yes, that's the general idea. With the increased potency of Soul Fire in destro, Havoc should be a limited burst of damage to two targets. Think, somewhere in between Pestilence'd diseases (50% as effective) and Soul Swap.

fel flame only says it increases corruption duration, destro only uses immo now, will it also increase immos duration?

I imagine it's a dynamic tooltip for Fel Flame, since Malady turns into Corruption for Affliction, and into Immolate for Destruction. So yes, like today, it will increase Immolate's duration.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4063167954?page=35#689

Right now, the talent calculator indicates that only Soul Fire consumes the embers, but previously I think it also said Conflagrate. This might be something they are iterating on in testing.

Basically, the mastery works by pumping up the effect that Embers have on the spells it boosts. More mastery means bigger Soul Fires when you have Embers to consume.

I also noticed the Shadowburn change. I hope it goes back to a dual-school spell because it's really quite weak without benefiting from other abilities in the spec. The 4.3 change to make it scale with mastery was marvelous for augmenting its usefulness in PvP.

I agree, that sounds more plausible.
Edited by Dalmasca on 2/22/2012 12:06 AM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/16/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Kessik
@ chido remember when arms warriors had the talent "Endless rage" as a last tier talent? War banner is a badass skill.

Endless rage was kinda like War Banner is a decent skill but doesnt deserve to be our Level87 skill. Its a good raid/pvp cooldown but I still think its another crazy boring dps/utility cooldown. Comparing to most of the new skills other classes are getting they sure could be more creative.

Also War Banner is a rehash of skills we already had and got removed to appear slightly improved:

- Thunder Clap is now a Demo Shout (-10% physical attack damage) we lost our +20% time increase on enemies swing timer. So you guys are giving us Demoralizing Banner. (Banner is better because it includes magic dmg)

- Challenging shout was removed so we got Mocking Banner (Lasts longer and allow us to taunt groups from their spawn point to the Warrior)

- Skull Banner +30% crit for all raid this will be mandatory to any raid. So it will be nerfed to the ground because its insanely good OR other classes will get it too because its only fair, and it goes against the "bring the player, not the class" motto Blizzard have been using since WotLK

So yea banner is good but its boring as hell.

Just to be clear I don't want these skills specifically but think about Ring of Frost, Smoke Bomb, Leap of Faith, Demonic Portal, these are the big new skills that changed how those classes are played, how players react to them in pvp and new strategies for raids, I was expecting something like that.
Edited by Chido on 2/22/2012 12:15 AM PST
85 Troll Warlock
02/22/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Dalmasca

Yes, that's the general idea. With the increased potency of Soul Fire in destro, Havoc should be a limited burst of damage to two targets. Think, somewhere in between Pestilence'd diseases (50% as effective) and Soul Swap.

I imagine it's a dynamic tooltip for Fel Flame, since Malady turns into Corruption for Affliction, and into Immolate for Destruction. So yes, like today, it will increase Immolate's duration.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4063167954?page=35#689

Right now, the talent calculator indicates that only Soul Fire consumes the embers, but previously I think it also said Conflagrate. This might be something they are iterating on in testing.

Basically, the mastery works by pumping up the effect that Embers have on the spells it boosts. More mastery means bigger Soul Fires when you have Embers to consume.

I also noticed the Shadowburn change. I hope it goes back to a dual-school spell because it's really quite weak without benefiting from other abilities in the spec. The 4.3 change to make it scale with mastery was marvelous for augmenting its usefulness in PvP.

I agree, that sounds more plausible.

and heres something else. in the instance he showed, youd do 2 back to back soulfires and basically have regened your mana by the time its done. BUT, soulfire is a long cast time and its doubled if the target is above 25% life, wouldnt it be counter intuitive to do soulfires back to back? wouldnt u rather wait for your pet to lower the cast time via the destro ability? is there some part of the ember that makes the cast time more forgiving? whats up? lol
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]