Loss Of PvE!?!? & WoW 2!!??

90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/16/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Sardorim

So the idea behind players being rewarded based on the efforts is basically being tossed to the side now? It at least appears that way with features like LFR which allows players to go afk and intentionally leach off of other players and collect rewards that improve their "power," while the new challenge modes which require effort from each individual player working together as a team just rewards cosmetic items and if your just a five man player that means your still behind the person who AFKs in LFR.

Just one of the factors that has players dismayed at the direction the developers are taking the game.

If players are all going afk in LFR as you say than they wouldn't even get past the first boss. Stop spewing this misinformation. The few that do go afk or cause wipes are immediately kicked.

I cant say that about a warrior who is in one of my grps and had set follow on me. Didnt notice it till after we defeated hagara. Also just recently got a cpl of hunters in the grp from same guild who thought it was funny to leave aspect of the pack on and also pulled boss several times causing wipes. They did get kicked
02/16/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Slapdance
Of all the posts to spend time answering ... xD

I dunno, I think squelching far out rumors is a reasonable use of time. I think people put too much stock into what blues do or do not respond to. A response in one thread doesn't mean no one's paying attention in another.

100 Worgen Hunter

If players are all going afk in LFR as you say than they wouldn't even get past the first boss. Stop spewing this misinformation. The few that do go afk or cause wipes are immediately kicked.

I cant say that about a warrior who is in one of my grps and had set follow on me. Didnt notice it till after we defeated hagara. Also just recently got a cpl of hunters in the grp from same guild who thought it was funny to leave aspect of the pack on and also pulled boss several times causing wipes. They did get kicked

Part of getting those players kicked is for players to catch them. Though most players usually don't post recount till after a fight so the laziest ones will only really get lazy till the last fight. Though if a wipe occurs they know they're in trouble.
90 Human Warrior
02/16/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Normie

Then you need to be vote-kicked in every instance you join...because you aren't helping your group,with that attitude.

Oh lighten up.

To be fair, if Zarhym doesn't want to be the best, at least he isn't here demanding Heroic Raids need to be nerfed.

...he just does it himself.
90 Human Death Knight
This type of feedback isn't very interesting or useful.

Zarhym, I sometimes wonder why you choose topics like this to respond to. That aside, I give you mad props for the above comment.
85 Worgen Rogue

a tree that my kids could pick out

I'm sure your kid could press buttons and make a talent build under the current system too. That doesn't mean it's going to be optimal, or even viable. This type of feedback isn't very interesting or useful.

You are correct that the sarcasm in the original post doesnt help. Still that doesnt negate the fact developers have cut down the creative and fun part of the talent trees. A lot of player enjoyed having a lot of talents (which could be put in ANY tree). I liked to spend time on the talent calculator knit picking each talent to see what i could build. There should be nothing wrong with having a "best spec". What should be the goal is to create a system where there could be multiple best specs for each of the three trees.

I like the idea of selecting one of three abilities. Why not just make that an option within the old system. For example, reaching to the 3rd tier and have to select 1 of three abilities.
85 Worgen Druid
02/16/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Elbeghast
My primary goal when logging into World of Warcraft isn't to be the best.

Then you need to be vote-kicked in every instance you join...because you aren't helping your group,with that attitude.

Should we vote kick you for reforging for spirit as a Resto Druid?
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I think im going to go make a thread to get Peddlefeets butt buffed now :P
Community Manager
02/16/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Hellpower
If you weren't interested in his argument, maybe responding to it was a bad idea? Just sayin.

I took eight of his words and said they didn't make for an interesting argument. No, I don't think it was a bad idea to address the other points of the OP just because I didn't find his "my kid could do it" argument interesting.

And you're not saying, you're asking (though surely I'm to assume it's rhetorical). And why does everyone need to follow up saying something with "just sayin" these days? I know you're just sayin'. You just said it!

^ I just typed and posted those words right up there.
87 Night Elf Death Knight
I agree with Zarhym. I don't see where the OP is getting this "sky is falling" mentality-- I think they've been misinformed, or are misinterpreting what's coming in Mists.

They're adding additional content types for both PvE and PvP, so I don't see how you can argue that we're losing PvE content.

There will still be heroic raids that will award the best gear, so we're not losing a drive to improve and progress.

The new talent trees are simplified, but many new abilities and talents contain positional abilities that will clearly take skill to use to their full potential.
90 Orc Shaman
This type of feedback isn't very interesting or useful.

Zarhym, I sometimes wonder why you choose topics like this to respond to.

I think of all the posts to respond to though, these are the easiest since a lot of the information Zarhym posted as a response was already announced or referenced in places the OP could have easily checked themselves.

There are probably dozens of posts that CMs, Devs, and other Blizz employees would love to reply to but can't yet - I'm guessing this was an easy one.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
If you weren't interested in his argument, maybe responding to it was a bad idea? Just sayin.

I took eight of his words and said they didn't make for an interesting argument. No, I don't think it was a bad idea to address the other points of the OP just because I didn't find his "my kid could do it" argument interesting.

And you're not saying, you're asking (though surely I'm to assume it's rhetorical). And why does everyone need to follow up saying something with "just sayin" these days? I know you're just sayin'. You just said it!

^ I just typed and posted those words right up there.

Buff mages so they can go back in time and "remove" the person who started that trend

problem /solved
Edited by Thaedris on 2/16/2012 2:32 PM PST
02/16/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Thaedris

No! Peddlefeet's butt doesn't need to be buffed! That's not fair to those of us with squishier backsides! Make the butt buff optional!
100 Worgen Hunter
It's sad that BLizzard would give a detailed response to this borderline incoherent post, while ignoring many more well thought out and articulated posts regarding more specific parts of the game. Especially when this guy clearly does not represent even a minority of peoples opinions, it's just senseless drivel.
Edited by Bowaflex on 2/16/2012 2:37 PM PST
Community Manager
02/16/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Tianjan
Of all the posts to spend time answering ... xD

I dunno, I think squelching far out rumors is a reasonable use of time. I think people put too much stock into what blues do or do not respond to. A response in one thread doesn't mean no one's paying attention in another.

<3

Your reason overwhelms my heart.
90 Orc Shaman
02/16/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Tianjan

No! Peddlefeet's butt doesn't need to be buffed! That's not fair to those of us with squishier backsides! Make the butt buff optional!

Should buff it gradually, maybe like 5-10% every Valentine's day so everyone will be happy at one point or another.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/16/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Zarhym
You make this claim as though the Raid Finder is synonymous with Heroic raids, in terms of providing the highest quality gear in the game. That's not the case. Even with Raid Finder and PvE Challenges in Mists of Pandaria, the best sets in the game (stat-wise) will still be rather difficult to obtain.

I think the person you're qouting has no idea what the system of the challenge modes is about, and thinks it's just part of the normal PvE progression, the endgame or something.

People: All the current systems of raids with hard mores and such will remain the same. Challenge modes are NOT raid hard modes. Raid hard modes will continue to exist, challenge modes is a new mode of running instances in a, so to speak, fair manner, with no gear advantages to make it competitive, and as the encounters are gearless, they provide statless gear. Now, as you won't need gear to run that content, you can very well just play challenge modes and not even adquire gear if you wish, but if you want gear, you do the heroic dungeons, then the LFR, then the normal raids, then the heroic raids. No one is removing that.

02/16/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Zarhym
You'd have a really hard time arguing your last sentence on behalf of the entire playerbase. I could argue there are players who are dismayed right now that Peddlefeet's butt isn't as firm as it should be. Is that a larger argument about "the direction the developers are taking the game"?
Will you marry me?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]